✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arctic Monkeys!

Lamposts

I am going out and saying it.

Whatever People Say...is a masterpiece.

Humbug, however, is their BEST album.

That goes to show just how great they are.

Arctic Monkeys are one of the greatest bands around. Seriously. Alex Turner is a genius and he keeps getting better and better. Since 2005, Alex has released, soon, 4 Arctic Monkeys albums, a solo album, and a Last Shadow Puppets album. Everyone of them, in my opinion, are masterpieces. There is not a single song in any of his back catalogue that I do not like. I have always said that Coldplay are my favourite band...but even they have songs I don't like, albeit not many. However there are none by Arctic Monkeys I don't like.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going out and saying it.

Whatever People Say...is a masterpiece.

Humbug, however, is their BEST album.

That goes to show just how great they are.

Whatever People Say... will always be my favourite work from them but Humbug is the one i'm most proud of them for making. they could've easily made a really mainstream sounding radio friendly album (a la kings of leon) but instead they took a risk and made an interesting albeit imperfect album.

love the pace of Library Pictures and the Hellcat Spangled Shalalala is awesome!

need a few more listens for the last 3 songs, but I like it a LOT! better first listen then Humbug.

I honestly enjoy anything they put out, even all the b-sides, but She's Thunderstorms is a little awkward

I honestly enjoy anything they put out, even all the b-sides, but She's Thunderstorms is a little awkward

same here. i just think they're wonderful musicians and alex is a great songwriter. i simply enjoy the sound of them playing their instruments.

There's a vintage fuzz mixed with classic arctic monkeys on this, I am quite enjoying the difference in sound. She's thunderstorms is great, a quality opener. Also there's a lot more variety and pace in this to differentiate it from Humbug. You can really hear four musicians jamming it out on this record which sadly you can't on a lot of LP's these days.

I've listened to it twice today and I'm really enjoying it. It's like a mashup of a lot of their previous works mixed in with a couple of new concepts, and I'm going to love anything with Alex's voice in it :p

It really does sound like they're just having fun with this record, which is a great thing, I think.

SIAS is better than I expected. If Brick By Brick and Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair were eliminated I might even learn to love it. I haven't decided on favorite songs yet. Alex's voice sounds really good to me.

Listening now. I've never been much of an AM fan, but I've liked some of their singles in the past & I was reading the Q feature on Suck it and See which was quite complimentary so I thought it might be worth a listen. I'm quite impressed so far, more so than with any of their other albums. I like the fact it's quite guitar heavy.

I'd heard Brick by Brick was supposed to be a bit of a Marmite song ;) but I really like it, it's a bit nuts. Don't Sit Down, I liked already, having heard it on the radio a few times. And I had no idea they'd done Piledriver Waltz, I love the Alex version of that song off the Submarine soundtrack so hearing it with a full band is weird, but good. Other than that, I rather like Black Treacle. And the title track is nice.

A downside would be that a lot of it sounds a bit same-y I guess and Alex's vocal gets a bit depressing after a while, cos he doesn't tend to put much variety in it. Overall, I like it tho dunno if it'll be a 'keeper' yet. I have to say tho Colour of The Trap > Suck it And See imo :P