✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

post your fanarticle, cd collection you get of coldplay!

playflocold

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what exactly is that supposed to mean?

Sounds like a hater. I don't have what you have so I'll talk s**t

Oh, these weren't my intentions. It's quite interesting, I said that because I thought it was a joke, but I knew it wasn't. Oops, my bad! :(

ColdplayDontPanic4versions001_zps6dc7092e.jpg

Today's cool Coldplay item of the day...

I have heard a lot of collectors say "I have a copy of (whatever CD) and I don't need another one just because its from a different country." Well you are probably missing out on some great Coldplay recordings. You can see in the photo above are 4 copies of Don't panic. 3 of them look exactly alike. I know a lot of you have one of these in your collection (probably one of the digipaks). Here is a track list for all four so you can see what you are missing out on.

1. Don't Panic, Denmark release, 07243 879350 2 0

1. Don't Panic

2. Trouble (live fra Vega i Danmark)

3. Shiver (live fra Vega i Danmark)

4. Sparks (live fra Vega i Danmark)

2. Don't Panic, Norwegian release, 07243 879080 2 4

1. Don't Panic

2. You Only Live Twice (Live from Norway)

3. Bigger Stronger (Live from Norway)

3. Don't Panic, Holland release, 07243 879180 2 3

1. Don't Panic

2. Spies (Live op Lowlands 2000)

3. Bigger Stronger (Live op Lowlands 2000)

4. Yellow (Live op Lowlands 2000)

4. Don't Panic, France release, 07243 879138 2 0

1. Don't Panic

2. You Only Live Twice (Live from Norway

3. Don't Panic (OUI FM session acoustique 102.3 FM)

So as you can see just with one copy of "Don't Panic" you are missing out on some great tracks. There are many other Coldplay singles that are from different countries with covers that look the same but have different tracks.

OK here's my collection - it's all of the Coldplay releases from the UK and Europe, so absolutely everything is on the Parlophone label (or Fierce Panda!), including all promo CDs and vinyls. They're all original issues, so no boxset editions or represses.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/pgmorris/604a9h

Click on the first image to go into the slideshow, and to see the release codes and details.

I also have a few extra bits which aren't pictured like lithographs, all four fanzines, Rush of Blood stamps, the X&Y and Viva CD/DVD sets from E. Asia, comics, xylobands etc.

Plus, check out my actual photos of Coldplay!

Ha, you're right of course... I don't want those though. Cassettes were always a bit rubbish as a format. Remember having to untangle tape and wind it back in using a pencil? Shudder.

Ha, you're right of course... I don't want those though. Cassettes were always a bit rubbish as a format. Remember having to untangle tape and wind it back in using a pencil? Shudder.

Yeah, you´re right... I have some on my collection adquired cheaper and just for curiosity/memorabilia. Never reproduced one of these. By the way I´m jealous of your Brothers and Sisters vinyl...:) Great collection you have man...

Hey Lard-

Where did you get your "What If" embossed card sleeve promo? If you would like to trade I have a huge collection. I have a lot that you need for your collection. I have 220 CDs, 27 LPs, 9 DVD/VHS/Cassette, 49 Memorabilia and 26 Concert/Promo Posters.

Let me know.

LARD, man, you have the best collection that my eyes were put on! Also, congratulations for the pictures, they made the collection even better. And I saved the link, hoping you get the Atlas, Magic, Midnight...

Honestly I don't think about the total dollar amount. It's all for the love of it. If I see a CD or LP I want, I get it no matter the price. That's why I put No1CPfan - aka, "Highest Bidder". I don't put a bid in until the last few seconds and then I drop a bomb on it. I'll place a huge bid and when the dust settles I end up paying one bid higher than the previous high bid. Have to be careful with this method. If someone else drops a bomb or has a really high auto bid I might get stuck with a super high final price. Hasn't happened yet.

What's the difference between "The Fir Trees Album" and X&Y?

"The Fir Trees, Album" is the name they gave the pre release for X & Y. It was given this name for anti-piracy. The pre-release was issued to magazine, newspaper or radio before the actual release so they can get a chance to review the album. If the CD were lost or stolen Parlophone wanted to make sure that whoever ended up with the copy didn't post it on any music sharing websites or make copies to sell. In hopes the thief or person who found it wouldn't know what it actually was. It was obviously very important to Parlophone and to the band to keep the album a secret until the day of release.

This copy is very rare like all acetates or "pre-releases" but mostly because not too many people know what it really is.

Read what NME magazine said about "The Fir Trees, Album"

http://www.nme.com/reviews/coldplay/7656

5th paragraph