✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

post your fanarticle, cd collection you get of coldplay!

playflocold

@Major Cooper, I have wanted to ask your advice about someone who is putting promo's of Up&Up on Ebay (repeatedly).

I think we are talking of the same person but I'm not sure if I can mention the name over here.

Hello again Nie! I am actually conflicted on this one more so because of the irregularity of the curved text on the top portion of the cd. Most legit promos have the curved text well approximated to the edge of the disc. But upon further evaluation of the quality of the audio per my utmost reliable researcher friend, it met the standards of a legit promo. And me, being a collector, will admit that I had to buy it to prove it. The problem with today's technology and the known fact that there's a lot of us collectors of coldplay promos is that some people make a full time business now of counterfeiting coldplay promos because they know that there is market for it. it's a difficult call whether to advise to buy it or not. The fact that the seller never runs out of it is more than enough to raise immeasurable intrigue. I guess we need more "Proof" (Lol...!) to fully confirm the legitimacy of this.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the little shout-out to the I Ran Away Project. :)

I have added the Mylo Xyloto picture book and Parachutes colour LP to my collection recently.

If I find time I'll make a picture of my treasure - which isn't as big as some I see over here, but I'm still glad with what I have been able to put together up to now. :)

You're welcome! I wish they would play it live!

• Like 1

Hello again Nie! I am actually conflicted on this one more so because of the irregularity of the curved text on the top portion of the cd. Most legit promos have the curved text well approximated to the edge of the disc. But upon further evaluation of the quality of the audio per my utmost reliable researcher friend, it met the standards of a legit promo. And me, being a collector, will admit that I had to buy it to prove it. The problem with today's technology and the known fact that there's a lot of us collectors of coldplay promos is that some people make a full time business now of counterfeiting coldplay promos because they know that there is market for it. it's a difficult call whether to advise to buy it or not. The fact that the seller never runs out of it is more than enough to raise immeasurable intrigue. I guess we need more "Proof" (Lol...!) to fully confirm the legitimacy of this.

Is it certain that there exists a legitimate Dutch promo of Up&Up?

By the way, there are 2 versions on sale right now, from different sellers but shipping from about the same location...

Hmm

• Like 1

Is it certain that there exists a legitimate Dutch promo of Up&Up?

By the way, there are 2 versions on sale right now, from different sellers but shipping from about the same location...

Hmm

The other one is the usual benelux version. I have that one too. No unusual characteristics with that cd. Same kind as the other Coldplay Benelux Ghost Stories promo. And yes, interestingly, they're coming from the same location. Must be a nice place to be in. They have Coldplay promos swarming all around...! :) :)

As for the Dutch Promo and an existing legitimate one at that, the only one (option & probablity) in is the one you see on ebay.

• 1 month later...

New Coldplaying member here (signed up about a week ago), and as an avid fan of the band I have spent yet another day scouring the internet through Coldplay-related sites and have just read through probably the last 30 or so pages of this whole thread, through comments dating quite a few years back. OOFT. Some of these collections are insane. Does anyone who's watching this thread know if the user @No1CPfan has created his store that he said he was going to create with his incredible amount of Coldplay releases and items? I'm mainly asking @Major Cooper since it seems they had been active on this thread while No1CPfan was still active on it, too. I would love to buy something from them in an effort to further my current pathetic, tiny collection.

A bit off of the topic of collections, but I would just like to say how cool I think it is to be able to dig through all of these old forums and fan-sites from the past, holy crap, almost 20 years of the band's history and always find something new, something interesting all about Coldplay and look at how the band and their fans have evolved over this time. This sounds quite sappy, and this is also probably a cringey choice of word/s, but it's kind of historical (I know, cringey...) to read through all of these different people's comments years into the future after they've initially been submitted and see what the CP scene was like, to wonder what all these people are doing now since a lot of people are inactive now and many simply forget about these types of websites and their accounts. It's just really cool and I think it really says something for modern music and fan culture, and I just wanna thank people and fellow fans who all create and contribute to these online spaces for each other. And if there's anyone a few years into the future who is doing exactly what I've been doing now and reading through these comments in this and other thread/s, then I'd like to say hey there, wonder what's happening now/then and if I'll still be on here, or even a fan of the band (pretty certain that I will be). I just want to let people know how these communities are appreciated and how they're kinda significant in the history of the band and the fans. Leeeeeeeeel

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
hi hello it's just me, here finally with a video of (some of) my Coldplay collection that i was going to make many moons ago :P

[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

hi hello it's just me, here finally with a video of (some of) my Coldplay collection that i was going to make many moons ago :p

Hehe this is a cool collection! I would've loved to have seen everything else you have! That framed artwork you have, who made that? I also love all of the little things like that, it would be awesome to see what you've got.

• Like 2

hi hello it's just me, here finally with a video of (some of) my Coldplay collection that i was going to make many moons ago :p

I just watched it, nice ! Wow, I must get my hands on the Viva tour book and maybe the MX Tour book and pop-up book at some point, I had never really seen them from the inside before. And I loved the outtakes at the end :D Please make parts 2-42 or however many you need to discuss the rest of your collection :)

• Like 2

You are talking with such a passion about your collection, it was fun to watch this. :) Including the bloopers. :p

Please make a next video, I'm really curious to hear the stories behind all the "not standard" Coldplay stuff that you have.

Ow, and my 2 copies of Parachutes have a slight colour difference too. I even didn't notice that earlier. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

thank you for all the lovely comments, guys! :cheesy: i will try to make another video soon, hopefully in a week or so when my finals are done. :)

Hehe this is a cool collection! I would've loved to have seen everything else you have! That framed artwork you have, who made that? I also love all of the little things like that, it would be awesome to see what you've got.

that was made by none other than the four Coldplay boys ;) it was one of three artworks given away late last year as a promotion for the Coldplay Skype Mojis (you can read more about it here: https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/skype-coldplay-sweepstakes.107559/). @I ran away also has one!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...