✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Gwyneth...

Katharina

A great thank you to Coldplaymom for copying / scanning the interview with Gwyneth Paltrow.

There was a link in this thread - it said that Gwyn and Chris consider renewing their wedding vows - really cute. :heart:

And I too think that the bracelet has a C (for Chris).

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funnily enough, as Chris would say, I actually made Cathy's (Kitty) turkey meatloaf today and it came out great. We had wine and cheese but no baguette

Awesome!

I made my own marinara last night, we're having lasagna tonight. I'm glad Gwyneth has inspired you to cook more! Chris inspires me every day (he just doesn't know it!)

Awesome!

I made my own marinara last night, we're having lasagna tonight. I'm glad Gwyneth has inspired you to cook more! Chris inspires me every day (he just doesn't know it!)

I'm not quite ready to tackle lasagna yet :laugh3: Yeah, my thinking is, if I'm going to spend so much time obsessing over some one, it'd better improve my quality of life or that of those around me. Chris is a beautiful soul and there's no way he would be with Gwyneth for this long if she weren't as beautiful in the inside.

I was at the airport yesterday and bought the Harper's Bazaar issue on the stands. No new content other than what we have already seen online...Everything in that mag screams Goop, and it is clearly not aimed at the average working woman :confused: Not that it needed clarification, but glad she clarified in People that her wardrobe issue of Goop was meant to serve as inspiration only.

She really gets taken to task for Goop, especially the wardrobe "suggestions!" How come, then, no one complains about magazines like Vogue and Architechtural Digest? Vogue has really expensive clothes I can't afford and AD has really expensive homes I can't afford. How dare they? You've never flipped through a magazine and went "ooooh." Are we supposed to really run out and buy all those clothes and homes?

She really gets taken to task for Goop, especially the wardrobe "suggestions!" How come, then, no one complains about magazines like Vogue and Architechtural Digest? Vogue has really expensive clothes I can't afford and AD has really expensive homes I can't afford. How dare they? You've never flipped through a magazine and went "ooooh." Are we supposed to really run out and buy all those clothes and homes?

Exactly! There are several high end stores with pricey stuff that many of us won't dare visit unless we were window shopping. We don't take it personal that these places exist. Why is she held at different standards? This is the world she lives in.

It's basically old stuff, but anyway, here it is:

Scans:

img041_zps43bf655f.jpg

img042_zpse4465215.jpg

img043_zpsfad207ca.jpg

img044_zpsb6faa224.jpg

img045_zpsaa1fa5f9.jpg

Translation:

Cover: Girls, we must be supportive of each other. And never criticize ourselves.

(By Carolina Bryans)

Article:

Gwyneth Paltrow: Girls, we must be supportive of each other. And learn to never criticize ourselves.

Picture: [Gwyneth Paltrow, 40 years old

Actress and keen about cuisine, we will see her from April 24th on in the film *Iron Man 3*. She has just issued her second recipe book: *It's All Good*. The first, *Notes From My Kitchen Table*, is from 2011.]

She writes recipe books because she believes in them. She appears in few films because "it would be terrible to miss the most beautiful moments of my kids". But she doesn't want to be an example for anyone: "I become a beast when I hear people say what mums should or shouldn't do. Women's choices must always be respected." There are lives which seem written by a destiny which would like us to be perfect. If you were born in Los Angeles, you're the daughter of a famous producer as Bruce Paltrow and a refined actress like Blythe Danner and you own that clear and sparkly beauty which belongs to some blondes from movies of the 50s, it means that Fortune has been very kind to you. Then you're also talented, you win an Oscar acting Shakespeare when you're very young, whatever you do, it seems perfect to us remote humans. Every picture, framing of you emanates light: you're so natural, childish, cheerful. You've got the coolest boyfriends: Brad Pitt, Ben Affleck, later on you marry a worldwide rockstar, Chris Martin, Coldplay's leader. And you're a bon-ton guru, you're a wise woman bestowing advice about anything from your life "so that also the others can get to know", and do and travel and dress up exactly as you do. You create the blog *Goop.com*, your write recipe books. You eventually are a mum. A keen one. Up and down from your house in Belsize Park, in London, to the one in the Hamptons (New York). You've never left your kids because of your job "for more than nine days". 'Miss Perfection', that's how everybody calls you. To be honest, at the time (it was 1999) when I met you in Berlin for *The Talented Mr. Ripley*, you were 'Miss Snobbish'. Haughty, so elegant, so thin, you wouldn't so much as look at who met your eyes in that Italian restaurant where you didn't even touch a single breadstick. You let people look at you, absent and unreachable. Now you seem changed. Actually, you're still aristocratic, but when you're so beautiful you can't help it, however now you're passionate, aware. Sometimes life has shown you deep cracks on the golden surface and you've learnt to count them. The death of your beloved father, disappeared too soon, the depression after Apple's birth, now the sorrow for the loss of a little brother to give to your children, as your revealed to *You Magazine*. And that marriage which, as you say, "is a long road made of ups and downs". Many times life doesn't keep all the promises made. Thus you throw yourself headlong into your job, try to tell the others what important things you've discovered: you share what you know. And little matters if many snobbish people make a fool of you picturing you in cartoons in between cabbages and carrots because you talk about diets. We still like your childish and bright smile (which you haven't lost). And your words please us: "Women must be sympathetic, they must support each other." We agree with you.

-Lately we've only seen you in the shoes of Pepper, eternal Tony Stark-Iron Man's girlfriend, how come?

Iron Man 3 is that kind of film which attracts adults and kids, it's not a film for intellectuals, I know, but it's the pretty story of a positive superhero. Besides, I love working with Robert Downey Jr. To tell you the truth he's my favourite actor.

-Would you give me a definition of Pepper's character?

She's a good girl with her feet on the ground and a unique sense of humour. She's got a pretty dominant personality too.

-Are you like this as well?

I wouldn't say so. Not in my personal life or cinema. But in my other two jobs (writer and blogger), absolutely yes. I do what I want. I usually try to be on equal footing with those around me. It's actually my kids that dominate on me.

-Superheroine for a day: who would you choose?

I think I'd clone myself, I need a body double to do all I should, I never have time.

-So do you already feel like a superheroine?

Listen, every woman is, in every environment. They usually are a step ahead and have all a world on their shoulders, especially if they've got children or families to take care of.

-Wouldn't it be the case to tell them to let go a bit, to enjoy more

their children or interests?

This is a very personal decision. What I feel like saying to women who are mothers is to support each other and not to judge the other women for the choices they make. We women must be sympathetic with each other.

-You've decided, for example, not to work for more than one or two films a year. Is it to enjoy more Moses and Apple, your two kids?

Sure, the idea of missing the most important moments of their growth in intolerable to me. I love taking them to school and taking heed of them. I would have never forgiven myself if I'd missed these moments.

-What is the most important feeling which maternity let you know?

I've understood what my parents used to feel about me. Without becoming a mother it's impossible to feel so. And I've felt my father close to me again after he died right before Apple's birth (because of throat cancer, at 58 years old, Ed.)

-What kind of father is Chris Martin? You are rarely seen around together and there is some gossiping going around.

I know that he is the best dad that Apple and Moses could have. He's a very kind person and a good example for them. I don't deny there are everyday problems, marriage is a twisted road with its ups and downs, but I defend the privacy of my family from gossip, which often

feeds useless gibes.

-The best quality of Chris?

He makes me laugh so much, he's very funny. I always tell him he should have been a comedian. This feature of him has often softened the hard moments we've had. I realize that I am an iper-perfectionist and this quite my problem. I've been bringing along since I was an adolescent. I have got the first-class syndrome, but I'm working on it.

-You've gone past the turning point of 40 years not long ago: what does Gwyneth expect now as a woman?

To live a happy family life. My career as ana actress has given me a lot of satisfaction, but in the last years I have never been away from home for more than nine days. The times when I used to work five days a week for three months in a row are gone. I am a different woman now, I have found myself more of a traditionalist that I had ever thought. And I feel alright. Life isn't perfect, we have to deal with it and I'm learning to do it.

-You are very active: you've also published a new book of bio recipes, *It's All Good* (only in English for now).

I decided to write *It's All Good* because I've understood that we can really heal ourselves through food. And I wanted to say it with a recipe book. I wanted everyone to know. If something happens to me, it is fair that I share it with the others. I happened to feel very sick a pair of years ago. One day, suddenly, I had a moment of terror: I thought it was something serious, because I couldn't control my right hand anymore. I was in London, in my home garden, and it was an experience that really scared me. I made some tests: they showed I wasn't ok. I lacked D vitamin, had thyroid problems, the liver enlarged, I was half anaemic. My diet was a disaster. Fortunately I was force-fed a very strict depurative diet for 12 days. I eliminated the things I loved most: red wine, pasta, French cheese and all that food high in fats and sugars. Like a miracle, I was reborn. Although, I must confess it, it happens to me too to cheat, I'm such a glutton...

Page 3, on the left: THE CAREER AND LOVE OF GWYNETH IN 9 DATES

1995: *Seven*, with Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman, is her first movie as the protagonist.

1997: The relationship with Brad Pitt, begun shooting *Seven*, ends: "My fault. I wasn't ready for something serious", she says.

1998: *Sliding Doors*, with John Hannah, is a triumph: it cashes in 58 million dollars.

1999: 13 nominations and 7 Oscars for the film *Shakespeare In Love*, by John Madden. One goes to Gwyneth, for best actress.

2001: She's in *The Tenebaum*, with an exceptional cast. Among the others, Like Wilson, Gene Hackman, Anjelica Huston.

2002: Her beloved father Bruce Paltrow dies. Three weeks later she meets Chris Martin, from the rock British group Coldplay.

2003: She marries Chris in December. Since then, they have been living between London and New York.

2008: A complicated love like the one with Joaquin Phoenix, in *Two Lovers*.

2011: The director Soderbergh wants her in the fanta-thriller *Contagion*.

Page 4, above: IRON MAN'S ETERNAL GIRLFRIEND

Gwyneth in the role of Pepper, with an unrecognizable Robert Downey Jr, 48 years old: under the armour, Iron Man's heart beats for her. Across the saga, the two got married, separeted, re-got engaged. We will (also) find out the continuation of their love story in *Iron Man 3*, in cinemas from April 24th. The film is the third of the series and the seventh of the saga dedicated to Marvel superheroes.

Page 5, below: CHRIS, GWYNETH, APPLE AND MOSES: A HAPPY FAMILY

Chris Martin, 36 years old, with Apple, 8, Gwyneth and, behind them, Moses, 7. A happy family, which might enlarge: "My kids are continuously asking for a little brother. I'm thinking about it", the actress told *You Magazine*, Daily Mail's weekly publication. "But after Apple I lost a child and it was devastating".

Mmm... I'd say my scanner really sucks :nod:

Anyway... The funny thing is that there's an article about Beyoncé and Jay-z too in the mag :lol:

Exactly! There are several high end stores with pricey stuff that many of us won't dare visit unless we were window shopping. We don't take it personal that these places exist. Why is she held at different standards? This is the world she lives in.

Have you guys read this? I actually found a well-written article about all this unnecessary criticism, in the Boston Globe: Why Gwyneth Paltrow Is Actually a Hero

Why Gwyneth Paltrow Is Actually a Hero[/url]

What a great article! This is my favorite part:

"And when it comes to actually living a quality life, she deserves credit. I admire her for not trotting her husband out at every awards show like a large housepet, a la Halle, Anne, Reese, and so forth."

Chris is no housepet, that's for sure.

It wasn't a very long segment, but synopsis time again!

You could tell they were friends and were comfortable with each other.

Chelsea asked her if she was a little embarrassed by the People cover, and Gwyneth laughed that she was.

Chelsea joked that she used to think Gwyneth was perfect until she met her and that she wasn't. Paraphrasing, Chelsea commented about Gwyneth's perfect life with the kids and husband and that she had a crush on both.

She told the story from the video above.

They got into a conversation about doctors, and Gwyneth told a couple of stories about Chelsea to back up her suggestion that Chelsea needs to see a neurologist.

Cookbook talk.

She talked about how Moses was impressed with her Iron Man performance and that she now has a Lego figure, making her the best mom.

They talked about Ross Matthew's book coming out. Chelsea commented on his high voice, and Gwyneth told a story about how Ross called her house and Chris had answered the phone and said, "There's a girl called Ross on the phone."

That's it!

:D

They talked about Ross Matthew's book coming out. Chelsea commented on his high voice, and Gwyneth told a story about how Ross called her house and Chris had answered the phone and said, "There's a girl called Ross on the phone."

That's it!

hahahah Chriiiiiis! :lol:

It wasn't a very long segment, but synopsis time again!

You could tell they were friends and were comfortable with each other.

Chelsea asked her if she was a little embarrassed by the People cover, and Gwyneth laughed that she was.

Chelsea joked that she used to think Gwyneth was perfect until she met her and that she wasn't. Paraphrasing, Chelsea commented about Gwyneth's perfect life with the kids and husband and that she had a crush on both.

She told the story from the video above.

They got into a conversation about doctors, and Gwyneth told a couple of stories about Chelsea to back up her suggestion that Chelsea needs to see a neurologist.

Cookbook talk.

She talked about how Moses was impressed with her Iron Man performance and that she now has a Lego figure, making her the best mom.

That's it!

It's like you're translating for the DVR impaired!