✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Gwyneth...

Katharina

603581_10151365588951765_274851380_n.png

NYLON: Celebrating Mom's Day with our favorite mother-daughter duos.

Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Her City Guides: "I Do Ride the Subway!"

Gwyneth Paltrow looked flawless the evening after the Met Gala. There was evidently no early morning carousing and certainly no hangover for Gwyneth and her husband, Chris Martin, who skipped the Met Gala red carpet to meet up with Gwyneth and their friends inside. The best part of the night for Gwyneth? "Going home and taking my shoes off!"

People's Most Beautiful Woman of 2013 was in a conference room at NYC's SoHo Apple store Tuesday to talk tech, specifically her updated Goop City Guide travel app. The refurbished version offers Gwyneth's tips to living and traveling well in London, New York, and LA, three cities she's spent considerable time in over her 40 years.

"I do ride the subway!" Gwyneth's favorites in her home city of New York are surprisingly down to earth. "I'm not in New York as much as I used to be, so I ride the subway in London all the time. The last time I rode the subway in New York was a year and a half ago, and the tube in London — last week."

When she's in the Big Apple, there is one place she makes sure to visit. And it doesn't sell clothes. "Murray's Cheese Shop!" she said. "That store is my heaven. I love it. I'm obsessed with it. I go every time I'm in New York. . . . They're like, 'Where's the stinkiest cheese we have? She's here!'"

Gwyneth now spends most of her time in London with Chris and their kids, 8-year-old Apple and 7-year-old Moses. The last month, though, has seen Gwyneth all over the world premiering Iron Man 3 and promoting her book It's All Good. Those jobs, on top of raising a family and keeping up a glamorous social schedule, would seem to have taken her attention away from Goop.

One could probably get hints about finding "balance" between work and family in an old issue of Goop. But finding the hours in a day to work on everything requires serious planning for Gwyneth. "When I'm at home in London, I have a regimented day," she said. "I get up with the kids, I take them to school, then I have an hour to catch up on emails from LA, then I exercise. Then until I pick them up at 3 p.m., I work on Goop. I have a good three hours to just focus on it, to write, to research, to brainstorm, to have meetings, talk about products and collaborations. It's my day job."

Her 10 years in London have rubbed off in other ways, too. "I am a royal fan!" she said. "I like that in the English culture that they have figures, cultural figures that aren't elected and that they've been there for a long time and it's this sort of, it's a specific cultural thing, and having lived there for so long, I understand it a lot better now. I love the royal family. I think it's a really nice part of the culture."

Gwyneth shared even more of her travel tips during her Meet the Developer chat, which was moderated by her friend Jessica Seinfeld. Gwyneth's Goop City Guide is available now in the iTunes store for $4.

Plus, find out more about Gwyneth's online shopping habits at POPSUGAR Fashion!

link

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More pal support from Simon Pegg... who calls sour grapes on Gwyn haters!

Towards the end, around 7:45 he talks about his godfather responsibilities towards Apple (and another celeb kid)

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/shows/hot-breakfast-eddie-mcguire/blog/simon-pegg-on-playing-scotty-and-being-a-godfather/

p.s. he also calls Chris a "godfather generally in the mafiosi sense" :laugh3:

:laugh4:Chris/Godfather..could use you right now in a situation am currently experiencing. Call me!! Please bring plenty of angst with you. :blank: Chris could kick ass big time, Simon is right. Beam me up Scotty!

Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin seek PSY snap

10 May 2013

Gwyneth Paltrow admits she and husband Chris Martin were starstruck meeting PSY at the Met Ball and cornered him for a picture so they could show their kids.

Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin were determined to get a picture with Psy at the Met Ball.

The 'Iron Man 3' actress and her Coldplay singer husband were surprisingly starstruck when they spotted the 'Gangnam Style' hitmaker at the Costume Institute Gala in New York City on Monday (06.05.13), and asked him for a snap so they could show their children, Apple, eight, and seven-year-old Moses.

In an interview with Australian radio station 2DayFM's 'Kyle and Jackie O Show', Gwyneth recalled: ''Our son is obsessed with him. So Chris sees him and says, 'Oh my God, there's PSY.' I thought it was P-S-Y, so I was like, 'Who's PSY?'

''So we went up and Chris was like, 'Hello, I'm from the band Coldplay'. PSY didn't seem to know who he was, but then he put it together and he was really happy to meet Chris. We said, 'We're so sorry to bother you but can we have a picture for our children?' And we sent it to the kids, like, 'Yeah, check it!' ''

Meeting the South Korean star was the highlight of an otherwise dull evening for Gwyneth, however, as she thought the star-studded Met Ball - which was also attended by the likes of Madonna, Beyonce and Jennifer Lawrence - ''sucked''.

She said: ''Do you want me to be honest? It sucked. It seems like the best thing in the world. You always think this is going to be so glamorous and amazing and you'll see all these people. But you get there, it's so hot, it's so crowded, everyone is pushing you... This year it was so intense, it wasn't fun.''

The 40-year-old actress isn't the only celebrity who was in a bad mood; Gwyneth claims rapper Kanye West, one of the musical performers on the night, was ''furious'' for unknown reasons.

She said: ''Kanye West was playing, he was furious. He threw his microphone down - I don't know why. It was all drama.''

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/gwyneth-paltrow-and-chris-martin-seek-psy-snap_3655411

''So we went up and Chris was like, 'Hello, I'm from the band Coldplay'. PSY didn't seem to know who he was, but then he put it together and he was really happy to meet Chris. We said, 'We're so sorry to bother you but can we have a picture for our children?' And we sent it to the kids, like, 'Yeah, check it!' ''

what :wtf: :wtf: :sick:

now i can see why did whe write ....and her husband chris instead of the lead singer from coldplay

PSY ‏@psy_oppa 7 May

making new friends at #MetGala @GwynethPaltrow pic.twitter.com/DvET6jYOQD

PSY ‏@psy_oppa 7 May

...and her husband chris martin #MetGala pic.twitter.com/FsFlu06Xdx

omg gwyneth she is so funny :lol: :lol: and that story about psy is amazing, they're the cutest couple ever :lol: I'd like to see chris' face while he was asking to psy :lol:

and that story about shaving :lol: oh i'm still laughing... :lol: :lol:

How Kids Can Help Cook for Mother's Day: Ages 7 to 10

In the run-up to Mother's Day, we're looking at how kids of different ages can give Mom the day off by helping to prepare some fun brunch recipes. Yesterday, we looked at the 4-to-6-year-old set; today, for the 7-to-10 bracket, we turned for advice to our friends at goop, the weekly newsletter/website about food, travel, fashion, and wellness.

gwyneth-paltrow-son-moses-cook.jpg

At goop, we are often thinking of what grown-ups can make for kids, but rarely what they can make for us. So when Bon Appetit asked us to contribute some ideas around what 7-10 year olds might whip up their mom's for Mother's Day, we couldn't think of anyone better to consult than our editor in chief, Gwyneth Paltrow, mother of Apple, 8, and Moses, 7. So, we spent a day in the goop test kitchen (which at the moment is actually just Gwyneth's kitchen), with Apple and Moses as they prepared an early Mother's Day brunch for their mom.

What struck us immediately was the sense of autonomy Gwyneth allows her kids in the kitchen. From little things like deciding which plate to use for the toast to leaving out the blueberries in the parfait--these were their choices to make, and the more they were allowed to make them, the more invested they seemed to become in the task and the more empowered they were to do more. For example, we almost panicked when Apple picked up the bread knife to slice the baguette, but Gwyneth calmly assured: "It's okay, she can do it." And she did. Under her mom's supervision, she sliced slowly and carefully until she had the right amount of thin pieces of bread to toast. From there, she completed the dish on her own--toasting the bread in batches, finding the right bowl for the olive oil, arranging everything on a larger plate--without asking for help from the grown-ups.

As Gwyneth explains: "I always feel like the kitchen is fertile ground for my kids to expand in all ways. It's so practical and essential for life and they really grow into their bigger versions of themselves when they are in the kitchen. I always have a lot of fun cooking with them."

Some tasks, of course, require a little more adult involvement. Moses made a breakfast smoothie with rice milk and fruit, but as with anything involving a battery-powered blade, Mom was there to help and supervise.

But as we in the goop test kitchen have learned, much of cooking is confidence. And giving your kids the confidence to make their own choices in the kitchen by backing off at times when it's not necessary to intervene (they'll eventually learn how much maple syrup is too much) can be invaluable gift to them in the long run. Apple and Moses are two budding young chefs who are returning the favor, in the form of brunch, this Mother's Day.

What 7-to-10-year-olds CAN do in the kitchen:

cut-fruit-gwyneth.jpg

Cut soft fruits with a butter knife.

assemble-gwyneth.jpg

Assemble

cut-bread-gwyneth.jpg

Cut bread with bread knife (with supervision). It helps to use a long baguette like the one pictured to make sure those little fingers are nowhere near the blade, but they should still be watched over at all times when slicing bread.

toast_bread-gwyneth.jpg

Toast

pour-gwyneth.jpg

Pour

blend-gwyneth.jpg

Blend (with supervision). Moses was great at pouring the ingredients in and turning the dial when it was time, but grown-ups should close the top, and make sure their hands are no where near that blade at anytime

sprinkle-gwyneth.jpg

Sprinkle

mix-gwyenth.jpg

Mix

What they CAN'T quite do yet: Chop, grate, boil water, fry, handle raw meat, remove things from oven.

Gwyneth's Mother's Day Brunch Menu

Toasted Baguette with Olive Oil to Dip

Granola and Yogurt Parfait

Breakfast Smoothie

Apple's Famous Fruit Salad (that's what she calls it)

gwyneth-paltrow-fruit-salad.jpg

Apple's Famous Fruit Salad

Serves 1

INGREDIENTS

1 handful of mango, cubed

1 handful of blueberries

1 handful of raspberries

5-6 strawberries

1/2 banana

Scoop of yogurt

PREPARATION

Place mango, blueberries and raspberries in a bowl.

Using a butter knife, slice tops off of strawberries, then slice strawberries in quarters. Add to bowl.

Next, cut in bananas into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Add to bowl.

Drizzle yogurt on top. Eat!

She was so drunk. :lol:

I'm happy for Jackie O, she seems to have a genuine crash on Gwyneth. I believe her office got Gwyneth to call her for her birthday in 2011. She also giggled a lot at Chris' jokes when he stopped by for an interview last November. Many didn't like it, but I found it very enduring.

Goop is oozing all over Gwyneth Paltrow's life

Donna Freydkin, USA TODAY8:54 p.m. EDT May 12, 2013

Running the lifestyle brand — along with parenting — is her 'main job,' the actress says.

inside-gwyneth-3_4_r537_c0-0-534-712.jpg?ce8801b31498d8a76973562e156bf57fd6c91c44

NEW YORK — Fresh from a very fashionable few days in her native Manhattan, Gwyneth Paltrow is prepping for a flight across the pond to deal with much more pressing family issues involving her daughter.

"It's Apple's birthday weekend. We're having a disco party in the house. I have to get her food organized. She's so specific," Paltrow says with a smile after a full afternoon of interviews.

Like mother, like daughter. Paltrow is nothing if not particular about her attire, her food choices, her workouts, and just about everything else in her seemingly endlessly chic life. It's what spawned Goop, her newsletter-turned-lifestyle website, and it's offspring, the Goop city-guide series of apps. And Paltrow, who launched Goop five years ago this October, never saw any of this coming. "I never know where I'm going. I never know what I'm doing. I'm on this weird journey."

That isn't the first word that comes to mind when you think of Paltrow, who's endlessly polished and toned and stylish. But spend a few minutes with her, and what resonates isn't her beauty — which is dewy and glowing the day after a very late night — but her bawdy, biting sense of humor and her candor. Unlike so many trim celebs, she doesn't pretend that she comes by her physique through a freakish metabolism or by chasing after her kids. She works. Hard.

"Right now I'm just so (expletive) tired," she says. "After my Iron Man and cookbook press tour and this, I'm done. I think I've answered every conceivable question. Your brain freezes."

But seriously, how can she look so fresh the day after partying until near-sunrise for the Met Gala? "Are you crazy? I'm like RuPaul! I have so much makeup on. Foundation! Last night, I was literally a transvestite," she quips.

Paltrow just finished promoting Iron Man 3, the film behemoth of the summer, and her second best-selling cookbook, It's All Good. The last stop for her, before she heads to London, where she lives with husband Chris Martin and their kids, Apple, 9, and Moses, 7, is talking up the city-guide component of Goop. Right now, the apps cover London, New York and Los Angeles, but next up, she's launching one for Paris.

(Full disclosure: This reporter independently downloaded the London city guide during a recent trip there, and Paltrow's recommendations are spot on.)

"I really pound the pavement. But I love it. It's so much fun. It's about curation and connection. I did the app for myself because it's so helpful and it's so practical. The website I do for other people," Paltrow says, adding that she loves "the idea that you could share something that could positively impact someone's life."

Running Goop takes up most of her non-family time. "Sometimes I go to the office. We have a growing team now. My buyer will come over and go through stuff and ideas and drawings," she says.

On a typical day, "I wake up with the kids. Breakfast. School run. I have an hour to work. I work out, and then I do Goop until it's time to pick up the kids. It's kind of my real main job. I can only do one movie a year. It's too hard on the family. It's great to have a few jobs! I work hard to keep it good."

It's especially crucial for her because for the most part, Paltrow has put acting on the back burner to focus on her Goop brand. She's hoping to do a film about Pablo Picasso, if the financing comes together, but otherwise isn't heading to a soundstage anytime soon.

"I say no to everything pretty much. When I have an interesting part or really interesting people to work with, I love acting. It's just a lot of time away when the kids are so little. You're gone. So it's hard. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next. Something really worth my time."

She says she's happiest at home in London, where she cooks something every day for her kids — skewers and vegetarian chili are favorites — and tries to live as quiet a life as possible. But then there's the other Gwyneth, the one who was just dubbed the world's most beautiful woman by People magazine.

Her husband, she says, "was really proud. It was very sweet. I got so many e-mails about that. I loved it, because I feel like I'm a mother and I'm a woman. I was very, very honored. It's a huge title, even though it's not true. I always see what's wrong with me. I've got crow's feet, and one boob is sagging more than the other."

She says she feels prettiest when she's home and loved and confident. "I have good kids. I'm doing a good job. I'm OK — when I'm not putting pressure on myself or criticizing myself."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2013/05/12/gwyneth-paltrow-goop-city-guides/2150157/

They updated the article slightly to include this part:

NEW YORK — For those who have never met her, it seems woefully easy to disparage Gwyneth Paltrow.

She's a stunning blonde with a famous musician husband (Coldplay's Chris Martin) and two kids. She has homes on two continents. She's BFFs with Beyoncé and Stella McCartney. Her life seems charmed, so yes, she gets why she can be polarizing.

"I'm a real lightning rod. People project a lot of stuff onto me. It's nothing to do with me. I don't read stuff about myself. I feel like it's none of my business," says Paltrow, 40. "People perceive that I have too much. I understand that, but I also feel like I've suffered so much. It's not something I talk about. I don't have a perfect life. I don't have a perfect anything. I have incredible struggles, and I'm far from perfect. I struggle like every other woman, every other mother. I understand that things look a certain way."

Mostly, Paltrow says, she focuses on her many work endeavors, none

of which were strategically planned: "I have to wait until something is brewing."

Happy birthday Apple :)

I can't embed the video but check it out on the link:

Watch Gwyneth Paltrow, Julia Roberts, and More in 'Who Do You Chime For?'

elle-gwyneth-paltrow-chime-de.jpg

It's to be expected that Chime for Change will continue to feature the hottest names in Hollywood for its upcoming campaigns—as Beyoncé Knowles and Jennifer Lopez are headlining the upcoming Sound of Change concert in London, and Knowles as well as Salma Hayek, Frida Giannini, and Hearst are all partners for the overall campaign (which aimed to support women's empowerment). The latest promo video from the cause continues on this A-list streak with cameos from Gwyneth Paltrow, Julia Roberts, Katy Perry, Cameron Diaz, Freida Pinto, Jada Pinkett Smith, and others revealing the women in their lives who inspire them most. (Cuteness alert: Paltrow says it's her daughter, Apple). Watch the exclusive video below, and and then get involved by posting a photo of who you "chime" for on facebook.com/ChimeForChange, and it could be featured during the Sound of Change live performance on June 1. Then, check out the last Chime for Change video we loved, pegged to Mother's Day.

Wow, this is a real thing? Groupon? $2000?

EPIC Trip for Two with Private goop Event and Meet n' Greet – New York City

Two-Night Trip for Two with Gwyneth Paltrow Meet n’ Greet at goop Event, Round-Trip Airfare, and 4-Star Hotel Stay

Gwyneth Paltrow Meet n’ Greet at Private goop Event, Spa Pampering, and Swanky Dinner in NYC on June 14-16

Included in trip package:

Round-trip airfare from anywhere in the US or Canada to New York LaGuardia Airport (LGA)

Two-night stay in a junior suite at 4-star DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan New York, valid for check-in 6/14/13

Tickets to a private event with goop including a meet and greet with Gwyneth Paltrow

Spa treatments for two including hair conditioning, styling, spa manicures and pedicures

One dinner for two at Bistro La Promenade

Round-trip airport transfers to hotel

In the fall of 2008, Academy Award-winning actress Gwyneth Paltrow launched a lifestyle web site called goop to chat about recipes, travel, food, and fashion. Fresh off being named the “World’s Most Beautiful Woman” by People Magazine, the star is hosting a private goop event in New York City for 60 attendees on June 14, where she’ll give a cooking demonstration and greet her fans. Not only will you meet Gwyneth, you’ll also dine at the Bistro La Promenade restaurant, get the star treatment at Great Jones Spa, and catch 40 winks stay at the 4-star DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan New York.

Private goop Event and Gwyneth Paltrow Meet n’ Greet

You and a friend are invited to the private goop event, which begins at 6 p.m. on Friday, June 14. You can munch on appetizers and sip cocktails before goop editor-in-chief Gwyneth Paltrow gives a cooking demonstration. You’ll leave with a signed cookbook.

Spa Treatments

The next day, you’ll visit Great Jones Spa for beautifying treatments including hair conditioning, styling, and a spa mani-pedi.

Dinner for Two

Later that evening, you’ll head to Chelsea’s London Terrace for dinner at Bistro La Promenade, helmed by Executive Chef Alain Allegretti. Known for its casual French cuisine, the restaurant has received praise from several media outlets including Eater, Zagat, and CBS. The New York Times relished Allegretti’s “harmonious and sophisticated plates on which each ingredient has been treated in a way calculated to coax forth the most flavor.”

Upscale Hotel Accommodations

On Friday and Saturday night, you’ll stay in a junior suite at the 4-star DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan New York, located in Midtown Manhattan, within walking distance of the Theater District and Times Square. The hotel’s recently renovated guest room feature flat-screen TVs and pillow-top mattresses.