🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Official Red Hot Chili Peppers thread

jewl*

I talked to a friend who went to this. He said they sucked. But he said it had nothing to do with Josh, it had more to do with Anthony trying to sound like Neil Young, which I would never recommend.

Josh is a talented musician and I have no doubt he can fill in on live shows brilliantly but I am sort of questioning what sort of music they will be able to write without John who in my opinion was a driving force in their sound.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecaWttSrfZY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Red Hot Chili Peppers at MusiCares with Josh Klinghoffer perform Man needs a Maid by Neil Young[/ame]

Yes Yes YES!

They're BACK. Thank you god for Josh.

i don't know, it's not weird for me, and it doesnt sound bad at all...

You don't think that sounds bad? The Chili Peppers should never do another cover because, basically, Anthony's vocals suck! I mean, they work for RHCP songs, but that's about it.

It was always John who did the covers because he has vocal range. Anthony's voice is limited.

I don't think you will notice much of a difference once the Chili Peppers start playing their own songs live. To me, it's more when they go back into the studio. John, more than any other member, brought a sense of melody to the band, especially from Californication forward.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Other people in a band can do their own stuff (outside the band) and can be productive in their band at the same time. Why can't John do that

Because:

"To put it simply, my musical interests have led me in a different direction. Upon rejoining, and throughout my time in the band, I was very excited about exploring the musical possibilities inherent in a rock band, and doing so with those people in particular. A couple of years ago, I began to feel that same excitement again, but this time it was about making a different kind of music, alone, and being my own engineer." JF

;)

^ I have never bought that arguement. You travel the world essentially asking people to listen to your music, support your vision, travel long distances to see your shows, and then, all of a sudden, you decide "I don't like this anymore". As if playing rhcp songs all of a sudden became like sweat shop labor.

That's what i was thinking at first too, but i totally understand and support him. He dissapointed a lot of fans. but he has to do what he feels like like doing, because thats the way he makes music. you cannot force it. and there is nothing really to argue about.

This is the 2nd time he's flaked on this band. I support him wanting to do his own music. I get that. But there is no reason he can't do both. And by not doing both, because he no longer feels like it, he is letting down a bunch of fans.

first time when he left there was different reason. he is a complicated boy indeed

somewhere i read chad's interview where he said that john will always be with band, but now he's a very busy man. so this might mean that they will play together again sometime. but i think that josh will be great.

first time when he left there was different reason. he is a complicated boy indeed

somewhere i read chad's interview where he said that john will always be with band, but now he's a very busy man. so this might mean that they will play together again sometime. but i think that josh will be great.

Not entirely different. John doesn't feel he needs to be in a big rock n' roll band; he likes doing music for the sake of artistry. It's the same reason both times.

the first time he hated being a rock star and i dont really think that he continued making music. he made some solo albums at first (which he is ashamed of) but then he really got into drugs, started painting and didn't play with guitar for a quite long time.

and this time he's just heading different music direction. well atleast he says so. but who knows.

This is the 2nd time he's flaked on this band. I support him wanting to do his own music. I get that. But there is no reason he can't do both. And by not doing both, because he no longer feels like it, he is letting down a bunch of fans.

My impression is he doesn't feel keen on RHCPs style of writing and style of music anymore, I'm quite pleased hes left as I like his solo work more than RHCP anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

here are some videos from live in Chorzow which for some reason were not included in the DVD, so it's probably useen:

Ending jam:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBT5OB-6AjA&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Final Jam Part 1, Live Chorzów, Poland 2007 - Proshot, Not From TV[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2op4142irWw&feature=related]YouTube- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Final Jam Part 2, Live Chorzów, Poland 2007 - Proshot, Not From TV[/ame]

Soul to squeeze <3:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dq9qNXgTyY&feature=channel]YouTube- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Soul To Squeeze, Live Chorzów, Poland 2007 - Proshot, Not From TV[/ame]

Power of Equality:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnQQUm3pgeE&feature=channel]YouTube- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Power Of Equality, Live Chorzów, Poland 2007 - Proshot, Not From TV[/ame]

Enjoy ;)

He was confirmed by Flea himself in some interview, but nothing more.

I find it very odd how there hasn't been an official statement from the band, as a guitarist change is a pretty major thing, I can't help getting the feeling that their hoping John will reconsider, I don't think he will but you never know with him.I'm one of Johns biggest fans but I've got to say he has a very out there mindset.