🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Official Red Hot Chili Peppers thread

jewl*

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm not terribly happy with John, either. He's gotta do what he's gotta do, but he single handedly derailed one of my favorite bands.

I think the main reason no one cares about the Chili Peppers right now is because they haven't released anything for some time. Will people care once they release a new album? I don't know, we'll have to wait and see.

I haven't pre-determined that the next album will be bad. I am going to reserve judgment until I hear it. I just know that it won't be the same without John.

And someone tell Anthony to shave that stupid mustache.

As much as I love John I'm also a bit dissapointed that he left to do his solo work and hasn't released anything, I have a strange feeling that the world won't really hear much from him again which is such a shame as he's one of the best guitarists of our times and a beautiful song writer, RHCPs new album I'm sure will be ok but it won't be as good without John.

• 3 weeks later...

From the band twitter account:

RHCP_Official

Reinvented... Red Hot Chili Peppers = Anthony, Flea, Chad and Josh. New Album - Day 28.

So does this mean the new album in 28 days??? :inquisitive: or 28 days before a release date? Or 28 days before they finish it?

I'm going to some in-store event that they are doing on November 4th. No, it's not for an album, it's for a new book. Go figure.

Anyhow, here's the link to the new book:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0061351911?ie=UTF8&tag=upccelboosige-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0061351911]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0061351911?ie=UTF8&tag=upccelboosige-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0061351911[/ame]

I'm going to some in-store event that they are doing on November 4th. No, it's not for an album, it's for a new book. Go figure.

Anyhow, here's the link to the new book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0061351911?ie=UTF8&tag=upccelboosige-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0061351911

Humm...interesting! It's cool it's done by them. I loved U2's bio 'U2 by U2', it was full of little anecdotes and unseen pics. Hope this one is in the same vein! But I'll wait before buying this, I want to know what's inside...

Are they playing or just doing a book signing?

Who knows??? It's the Chili Peppers - one never knows what to expect. I'm just hoping they show up. It's at a Barnes & Noble, so I doubt they will play. I want the book anyhow, so I really can't lose.

Who knows??? It's the Chili Peppers - one never knows what to expect. I'm just hoping they show up. It's at a Barnes & Noble, so I doubt they will play. I want the book anyhow, so I really can't lose.

Out of interest if you go could you let me know if John shows up, I know he's not involved with the band anymore but it looks as though he was involved in the book so I would be curious to know.

Out of interest if you go could you let me know if John shows up, I know he's not involved with the band anymore but it looks as though he was involved in the book so I would be curious to know.

Ok, but I doubt he will show. He has kind of slid off the face of the earth. He used to pop up doing solo shows on occasion, but I've seen or heard nothing from him since he left the band.

If you could tell us is the book is anygood, that would be very nice :)

Certainly. I'm sure it will be. They are an interesting bunch. Ever read Anthony Keidis' book "Scar Tissue?" Dude's lived a crazy life!

No I haven't but I've red bits of it at the book store countless times :lol: btw, there were supposed to do a TV serie for HBO with that book with Anthony supervising the project... WOnder what happened to that :thinking:

Ok, but I doubt he will show. He has kind of slid off the face of the earth. He used to pop up doing solo shows on occasion, but I've seen or heard nothing from him since he left the band.

I doubt he will either,I'm sort of wondering if hes gone back to doing drugs, although from what he has said hes had enough of the limelight and wants to create his own music but in the past he was quite prolific with his solo work even while working and touring with RHCP.