🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Official Red Hot Chili Peppers thread

jewl*

Just putting this news in here too...

I guess Flea, Damon Albarn and Tony Allen are all 2/3rds of the way done with an album of their own. So the 3 of them have formed a little band along with some other African musicians.

http://www.spin.com/articles/qa-damon-albarn-forms-new-band-flea

I'm SUPER exited... Flea from the Peppers AND Damon together... dream come true :wacky::wacky:

although not as awesome as flea with thom. flea with damon is going to sound pretty wicked. flea seems to be interested in working with everyone except the chili peppers. good on him.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although not as awesome as flea with thom. flea with damon is going to sound pretty wicked. flea seems to be interested in working with everyone except the chili peppers. good on him.

I'm of the opinion that John and Flea made that band musically, without both of them and that chemistry I'm not sure that alot of people will be interested in thier work, if they break up the only person that's going to be out of a job is Anthony.

Red Hot Chili Peppers Interview on KROQ Radio, November 4th 2010 in LA

(Anthony Kiedis, Chad Smith & Flea)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x33SIu2Q2Rk&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Red Hot Chili Peppers KROQ Interview Nov 4th 2010 [PART 1] Anthony Kiedis, Flea, Chad Smith![/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt-FmrTD-vs&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Red Hot Chili Peppers KROQ Interview Nov 4th 2010 [PART 2] Anthony Kiedis, Flea, Chad Smith![/ame]

I'm of the opinion that John and Flea made that band musically, without both of them and that chemistry I'm not sure that alot of people will be interested in thier work, if they break up the only person that's going to be out of a job is Anthony.

Anthony has always been the most musically insignificant member of that group IMO. Ill give him credit for his vocal style being unique, but that's all. Chad Smith is a hell of a drummer too.

• 1 month later...

Anthony Kiedis says Red Hot Chili Peppers will play in Peru & Colombia!

Anthony Kiedis has confirmed that the Red Hot Chili Peppers will play in Peru and Colombia at some point during their 2011-2012 tour, due to kick off in Summer 2011! RHCP are already confirmed to play the Rock In Rio Festival in Rio De Janeiro on September 24th! In a recent interview Chad Smith also confirmed that the Red Hot Chili Peppers will play at the Summer Sonic Festival in Japan 2011!

Via Blackie Dammett (Father of Anthony Kiedis) on Facebook:

anthony and everly came up and spent a few days celebrating my birthday. we had a great time and bear got to see santa again like last year. for south americans, ak mentioned that among other concerts in the future are peru, columbia and brazil.

• 2 weeks later...

listened to a RHCP album for the first time today since John left the band :( man i missed these guys. a couple of years ago i was their biggest fanboy, there were periods when i listened nothing but rhcp. yet i spent the entirety of 2010 having not listened to them even once.

after being announced as the headliners for Summer Sonic fest in Japan there are strong rumours going around that they will head to australia in august for some come back shows.

it's incredible to think that by the time they play summer sonic in july, almost 4yrs will have passed since their last proper performance which was Leeds Festival back in august 2007. both chad and flea have been really active during the hiatus but anthony hasnt so ive got the feeling he might be a little rusty.

• 1 month later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_hDLqtmsQ&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - WNAMM 2011 - Chad Smith at Sabian[/ame]

gotta love Chad :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYFM_ZGHW4E&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Flea Red Hot Chili Peppers Radio Interview January 15th 2011 NPR.ORG / All Things Considered Bach[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_q9fhmuxFs&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Flea Edward Norton talk about running LA Marathon KTLA Morning News Red Hot Chili Peppers Jan 31st[/ame]

somehow im very excited about the album now. though im trying to lower my expectations :|

• 4 months later...

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Couldn't find a thread or even a search function to look for one

My favourite band, first band I got into and Californication was the first album I bought. Can't wait for the new album, looking forward to seeing how Josh Klinghoffer works out as the new guitarist and the successor to John Frusciante (who I consider one of the best guitarists ever)

With them being my favourite band I find it hard to name my favourite albums so I'll try my top five songs:

Californication, Soul to Squeeze, Wet Sand, Venice Queen and Under the Bridge, you can tell I'm a Frusciante fanboy :p, but I still love their 80s funk stuff like Freaky Styley and The Uplift Mofo Party Plan. The debut album and One Hot Minute are amazingly underrated as well.

Anyone?

ah , naaah , I love them ! They're like one of those bands , I MUST have seen , they are kinda legendary ,

It's like you should see The Rolling Stones , The Who or U2 , once in your life youkno ? :wacko:

I will go to Roterdam , Netherlands ...

IF I got tickets