🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Official Red Hot Chili Peppers thread

jewl*

Ooh...I don't think I could rate them like that because By The Way is my favorite album. I love almost all the songs on that one minus "Mercury".

I'm going back and forth on what my favorite is on I'm With You. Today it's "Did I Let You Know" or "Factory Of Faith".

My top 5 RHCP songs would be...

1. Under The Bridge

2. The Zephyr Song (I think if I could bottle happiness, it would sound like this)

3. Don't Forget Me

4. This Velvet Glove

5. Breaking The Girl

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to think of my fav songs of theirs, there's so many to pick from but I guess in no order:

Blood Sugar Sex Magik

Turn It Again

Otherside

Venice Queen

Throw Away Your Television(only the live version though)

Sexy Mexican Maid

Don't Forget Me

Yertle The Turtle

Sir Psycho Sexy

The Righteous And The Wicked

I had assumed Dot Hacker would be on hold for the moment but if he's releasing a cd I look forward to hearing it.

He was on Bob Forrest's radio show this past June and said hopefully it would come out soon. I didn't quite understand the whole conversation, but it sounded like he had just gotten the ok from the RHCP, or more likely an ok from their label or management to release it. I don't know if they were kidding or not, but Josh said they (Dot Hacker) were going to play Bonnaroo next year. If they do, I will definitely go. I only live about 40 mins away.

I kind of thought that was strange, because I assumed RHCP would still be touring next summer. IDK??

I'm not sure, I would have assumed they would be touring too but who knows how their schedules will work out:confused:, I don't think I''m going to see RHCP live on this tour although maybe I will change my mind later, still I've seen them a good few times from the Californication tour onwards including Hyde Park and thankfully I've seen John doing his solo stuff live too so I hope the concerts are good and the new fans enjoy them loads but I'm going to sit them out.

Here's my review of "I’m With You” and how the "Red Hot Chili Peppers" have managed to hit an all-time low without John.

The writing on the wall is clear: Perhaps it is the right time for them to call it a day.

Album Rating: **1/2 (2.5/5)

Link:

http://the-secret-chords.blogspot.com/2011/09/im-with-you-by-red-hot-chili-peppers.html

Do read all other reviews as well and tell me how you find them. Thanks.

"death of a drummer"

FAIL

Not just Fail, EPIC FAIL. I admit it. Was really fatigued out while writing it and sorry for the mistake. I usually make it a rigid point to avoid a factual error as that.. I know Slovak was the founding member and a guitarist, I think my head was somewhere else. Thanks for pointing out the mistake, corrected it.

As far as the other points go, I certainly disagree with what you said. But opinions differs and I respect that. By the way, I am fan of RHCP too and loved what they have done in their previous records.

RHCP gave a mini concert (approx. 28 min.) in a French tv show called "Le Grand Journal", september 1st. They played:

- Can't Stop

- Meet Me at the Corner

- jam

- The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie

- Californication

- Monarchy of Roses

To see the concert, click this link, it will take you to the site of this tv show ;)

I enjoyed watching this concert and I appreciate the news songs I've heard so far (I have not listened to the entire new album yet!) :pleased:

Here's my review of "I’m With You” and how the "Red Hot Chili Peppers" have managed to hit an all-time low without John.

The writing on the wall is clear: Perhaps it is the right time for them to call it a day.

Album Rating: **1/2 (2.5/5)

Link:

http://the-secret-chords.blogspot.com/2011/09/im-with-you-by-red-hot-chili-peppers.html

Do read all other reviews as well and tell me how you find them. Thanks.

I've just read your review and you know what?, honestly I can't really fault it, I do think Josh is a decent musician though just what these 4 people have come together to create isn't very good.

Yes I'm a fellow RHCP fan but I think people are deluding themselves if they think "I'm with You" is up to the standard of their previous work.

I've just read your review and you know what?, honestly I can't really fault it, I do think Josh is a decent musician though just what these 4 people have come together to create isn't very good.

Yes I'm a fellow RHCP fan but I think people are deluding themselves if they think "I'm with You" is up to the standard of their previous work.

Exactly. And thanks for going through the review.. At least someone is.

I don't mind Josh. Obviously they have a different sound, but to be honest I like I'm With You a lot more than Stadium Arcadium. It's more concise and diverse.

I did like Stadium Arcadium, but honestly I skip over more songs on that one than any of the previous records or I'm With You. There are a few that sound very repetitive to my ears. On the other hand, the ones I love I still haven't tired of. Kind of a mixed bag for me.

I agree with you about I'm With You being more diverse. I know some people don't like the new sound, but I find myself listening to it without skipping over any tracks. That is usually something I only do with Coldplay.

There are a good 7 or 8 tracks I'm not that fond of on SA but then it is a 28 track double album so that's not surprising, to me it's the opposite, I find the songs on SA better written but then I'm a guitarist and some of the guitar parts on SA were just :heart:.

John hasn't always done the most technical work so that's not what I prefer about him, but just how the 4 of them made music was so much better than the new formula, look at Californication that was a beautiful album, I'm not laying the blame (if you can call it that) for me not liking the album with Josh, it could be the different perspectives of Anthony or any number of reasons but I think SA was definatly a far superior album to I'm With You.

There are a good 7 or 8 tracks I'm not that fond of on SA but then it is a 28 track double album so that's not surprising, to me it's the opposite, I find the songs on SA better written but then I'm a guitarist and some of the guitar parts on SA were just :heart:.

John hasn't always done the most technical work so that's not what I prefer about him, but just how the 4 of them made music was so much better than the new formula, look at Californication that was a beautiful album, I'm not laying the blame (if you can call it that) for me not liking the album with Josh, it could be the different perspectives of Anthony or any number of reasons but I think SA was definatly a far superior album to I'm With You.

It was definitely a great album. I'm pretty sure it won several Grammy's too. Maybe I just burned myself out on it bc I played it too much??

RHCP records are like flavors of ice cream for me. Just depends on what I'm in the mood for.

Guitar rock....definitely SA.

Melodies....BTW

I think I'm With You is my flavor of the month. I don't think it's better than any of the others, but I like the different taste!

It was definitely a great album. I'm pretty sure it won several Grammy's too. Maybe I just burned myself out on it bc I played it too much??

RHCP records are like flavors of ice cream for me. Just depends on what I'm in the mood for.

Guitar rock....definitely SA.

Melodies....BTW

I think I'm With You is my flavor of the month. I don't think it's better than any of the others, but I like the different taste!

BTW is a great album too,in fact the only song I'm not keen on,on the whole album is Cabron, On Mercury or Venice Queen would probably be my favourites if I had to pick but it's hard to really:).

I'm going to try to give I'm with you one more try to see if I can get into it today, I have an hour eliciptal workout to do so it should time out nicely.