✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

This week in Denmark's album chart, Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto is back on top 10 as no. 10 up from 34 - I think that it is because of Princess of China.

And Princess of China is new entry in VH1's download chart at no. 5.

4 years ago today - on 22.6.08 - I became a Coldplay fan after having heard VIVA LA VIDA for the first time and instantly falling in love with both that song and Coldplay for good - that was when VIVA LA VIDA debuted at no. 1 on UK single chart. :vuvuzela:

^oh that's awesome Nancy! :awesome:

I'm painting my toenails in a hotel room in Dallas. I bet Jonny and Chrissy are doing the same in a much nicer hotel on the other side of town? :thinking:

That is very likely, yes :nod:

4 years ago today - on 22.6.08 - I became a Coldplay fan after having heard VIVA LA VIDA for the first time and instantly falling in love with both that song and Coldplay for good - that was when VIVA LA VIDA debuted at no. 1 on UK single chart. :vuvuzela:

That sounds good. :awesome:

Congrats. :awesome: :escaping:

I saw this on tumblr :blush:

Strawberry Swing Pop-Up Book

As a second year GCM student at Ryerson we had to create either a slip case, book or box for my Binding and Finishing II class. I decided to make a pop-up book based on my favourite song as well my favourite music video, “Strawberry Swing” by Coldplay.

I chose six scenes from the video and drew out my own interpretation of the characters and setting. Once all my sketches were complete I had to take pictures of my drawings instead of scanning them because something was wrong with my printer. The images were placed in Illustrator, live traced, coloured and placed on a background. I originally wanted to have the pop-ups pop at 180 degrees, however, I didn’t have enough time (or patience) to create mock ups so I opted for 90 degree pop-ups.

Once all of my spreads were completed I printed them on 12pt gloss card stock; the parts that were going to “pop” were printed on separate sheets of card stock. The spreads were trimmed and then the pop-ups were assembled onto the appropriate pages with (cheap) double-sided tape. After the pop-ups were taped into place I glued a sheet of 10pt 2S gloss card stock on the backs of the spreads to provide stability and to also cover the portions of the spine that I cut out to create some of the 90 degree pop-ups.

The signatures were glued back to back and then cased into the cover that was made out of binders board and a laminated bond cover. Unfortunately, since I am horrible dealing with glue, it is covered in it and I did not jog the block correctly resulting in the spine being a tad crooked.

Overall, for my first attempt at a pop-up book I am pretty pleased with the outcome of “Strawberry Swing”.

PS I love you Coldplay!

tumblr_m1q8993URN1qgxfz2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m1q8993URN1qgxfz2o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m1q8993URN1qgxfz2o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_m1q8993URN1qgxfz2o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_m1q8993URN1qgxfz2o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_m1q8993URN1qgxfz2o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_m1q8993URN1qgxfz2o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_m1q8993URN1qgxfz2o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_m1q8993URN1qgxfz2o9_1280.jpg

tumblr_m1q8993URN1qgxfz2o10_1280.jpg

It's such a creative design, i really like it :awesome:

link

I'm painting my toenails in a hotel room in Dallas. I bet Jonny and Chrissy are doing the same in a much nicer hotel on the other side of town? :thinking:

:lol::dazzled:

That pop-up book is beyone amazing! And Ryerson is in CANADA! We're such a telented country. :D

Happy Coldplayversary, Nancy!:)

Permission granted

This week in Denmark's album chart, Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto is back on top 10 as no. 10 up from 34 - I think that it is because of Princess of China.

And Princess of China is new entry in VH1's download chart at no. 5.

I still LOVE you avatar. Reading Chris. SIGH. Where was I? Oh yes, cool about Denmark's chart, and congrats on your wonderful CP conversion in 2008!! thumbsupv.gif

"We have one song that we wrote for Alicia Keys that I don't think we could ever do because it's all about being a girl and that kind of thing. I sing like a girl I admit, but you know …'' ''That particular song has the word 'superfly' in it and it's very hard for an English person to sing that word without looking like an idiot.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/coldplay-redux-20120621-20p02.html#ixzz1yYdkNkPC

I've never heard about Alicia Keys collaboration before:embarrassed:

^haha I noticed that too last time I watched the video! :lol:

Did you notice that at Glastonbury 2011, during IMP, the crowd actually sings Jonny's riff ?! :awesome:

The crowd was EPIC that night!

the crowd was really amazing, i got goosebups everytime while i'm watching yellow or imp or the scients or the whole show :laugh3:

I looked at today's tv-programme (23.6.12).

For BBC Ent (Entertainment) it says: 21:50 - 22:40 central European time: Coldplay: Then and now.

The programme will be re-broadcast from 2:30 to 3:20 (central European time).