✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Like 2 people confronted me at play practice today complimenting my bag and saying they love Coldplay.

:dance:

I would love to bring mine to work but I'm worried it wouldn't look 'professional' or something. :\

So I just called my local DJ to request another Coldplay song...

and he told me all the Coldplay songs they have and I said "PLAY LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR II! I'M WEARING THAT SHIRT RIGHT NOW!" And he's like "You're a big Coldplay fan, aren't you?" And I was like "OH MY GOSH YES! I saw them in concert over the summer, I have 115 of their songs, blah blah blah" And he asked "Are you jealous of Gwyenth Paltrow?" And I said "Well, I'm more of a Berrygirl..." And he goes "Oh I get it"

:laugh3: :lol:

So I just called my local DJ to request another Coldplay song...

and he told me all the Coldplay songs they have and I said "PLAY LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR II! I'M WEARING THAT SHIRT RIGHT NOW!" And he's like "You're a big Coldplay fan, aren't you?" And I was like "OH MY GOSH YES! I saw them in concert over the summer, I have 115 of their songs, blah blah blah" And he asked "Are you jealous of Gwyenth Paltrow?" And I said "Well, I'm more of a Berrygirl..." And he goes "Oh I get it"

:laugh3: :lol:

did he play it? or anything else Coldplay?

Thats what I have also been worying about... but now use it as a bag to put my art stuff for school...... I haven't heared anybody insult it yet. :)

thats what i use my bag for too! this girl in my art class once asked me "have you heard of a band called coldplay?"

:laugh3:

pppfff have I heard of coldplay:laugh3:seriously??

apparently she hadnt seen my bag.lol

so i told her "you are talking to a coldplay obsessed girl here!"

she said"oh so have you heard the song "clocks"?"

-"i am listening to it right now on my ipod and it is my ringback tone!"

anyways i go on to describe how obsessed i am and talk about my wonderful experience of my first Coldplay concert. then she finally sees my bag.:laugh3:

she told me"i dont usually come across other coldplay fans everytime i ask someone they dont know who i am talking about"

so now i am happy to have a coldplay fan friend in my art class:D

sorry this was so long.

So, my professor assigned us an essay.

We have to describe "the best day ever". I know it sounds stupid and not like an assignment for college students.

But my professor just came from teaching fifth graders, so, this has been what all our assignments have been like. :P

So obviously, I'm doing my May 26th Coldplay concert.

And I thought I'd post it here for everyone to see. :wacko:

MY BEST DAY EVER

The best day of my life was my fourth Coldplay concert or May 26th of this year. I'm what you could say the biggest Coldplay fan you've ever met. I first heard them in 2005 and immediately fell in love. Everything I do is now Coldplay related, and I never stop listening to them. Coldplay's helped me through so many bad things in my life, and for that, I'm forever in their debt.

I saw Coldplay for the first time on July 25th, 2008. Then for the second time on November 1st, 2008. You won't believe this, but the third time I saw Coldplay was actually two days before my fourth concert on May 24th, 2008.

Don't get me wrong, those three concerts were absolutely life changing. I had decent

seats, I was with my sister, and the music was absolutely phenominal. But this concert on May 26th changed everything. This concert was the best day of my life.

I didn't get any sleep the night before. I was on my favorite Coldplay fan site, Coldplaying.com talking to all my friend about how excited I was. I was also blasting Coldplay on my ipod, dancing around my living room like a mad woman. And to think, I'd just seen them two days before. My best friend Jim went with me to the show and I honestly don't think he knew what he was getting into. He likes Coldplay, and he knows I'm obsessed, but I think he realized just how obsessed I was that night. My stomach was dancing all day, and I was practically crying as we waited outside the Susquehanna Bank Center, dressed in my Coldplay like “Viva La Vida” jacket. Even the staff knew I was the craziest one there.

Our seats weren't right in front, but we weren't far at all. We were in about the twentieth row on the far left side, right next to the aisle. I went to get a Coldplay “Viva” jacket at the merchandise shop and didn't take it off until about a week after the show. It was exciting, it was mind blowing, and it didn't even begin yet.

Coldplay's roadies have three songs that they use right before the band's going to go on stage. The first one is by Jay-Z, and I honestly don't know the name. The second one is “Magnificent”, by U2. Probably one of the best songs ever written. And the third one, which completes the cycle, is “The Blue Danube”. A very famous song used in lots of movies and events, but honestly, I'll never be able to listen to that song again without thinking my favorite band in the entire world is going to pop out somewhere. So, when “The Blue Danube” came on, I stood up jumping up and down and screaming “They're coming! They're coming! Everyone stand up, they're coming on after this!”

And surely enough, as soon as the song was over the lights dropped. I screamed at the top of my lungs, holding onto Jim's arm as I jumped as high as I could as tears formed in my eyes. Coldplay's intro song “Life In Technicolor” starts to play softly in the background as soft back lights come on, so you can't really see the guys, but you can see their shadows. Four shadows suddenly appear on stage and the crowd goes wild, especially me. The boys were carrying sparklers for a fun effect as the crowd cheered and danced and I cried my eyes out. “Life In Technicolor” starts to pick up. Chris Martin, the lead singer, starts playing his acoustic guitar. Guy Berryman, the bassist, chimes in. Jonny Buckland, one of the best guitarists on this planet, starts to play. Then Will Champion on the drums as the heart and soul of the band, starts banging his drums. The rhythm is created and I'm already dripping with sweat, jumping, dancing, feeling the music vibrate all the way down to my bones. “What a perfect night.” I thought to myself. And little did I know, it was only going to get better and better.

Will comes in on the drums for “In My Place”, a very popular Coldplay song from their album “A Rush Of Blood To The Head”. I decide to take my camera out to get a few shots, even though it's a point and shoot camera, so the back lighting made it impossible to see their faces. Chris is dancing around the stage, singing beautifully when he comes over to our side. I hold my camera up, ready to get the shot when I notice something. He's looking at me. I froze. I didn't know what to do, so, I just decided to wave. So I waved frantically, almost shaking my hand off. Chris smiled, waved back, and continued singing.

That, right there, would've been enough to make May 26th the best night of my life. But it only got better and better.

Coldplay does a few things where they get to run into the audience to what's called “B Stage” and “C Stage”. “B” is stage left, and “C” is stage right (where I'm sitting). We'll get to the miracles of “C Stage” later, but right now, we'll talk about “B”.

B stage was pretty far away from where I was sitting, but the guys still did a fantastic job. I actually have a good friend, from Coldplaying.com, who was sitting right behind B stage. It practically made her entire life, so I couldn't be happier for her. The guys played an amazing techo version of “God Put A Smile Upon Your Face” and “Talk”, and then got to one of my favorites ever “The Hardest Part”. Chris sat down, by himself on B stage as the others ran back to the big stage to get ready for the next song. He was on his piano, playing beautifully in front of 15,000 loving fans. It was so intimate that I felt like he was sitting right in front of me, singing just to me. I nearly fainted from all the love I felt.

Suddenly, Chris ends “The Hardest Part” and the beginning of “Viva La Vida” starts to play. Knowing that more than half the audience there only got tickets to see this song, since it's the most popular song of the year, I knew that the crowd would go wild when it started to play. And boy, I was right. For this one song, I didn't look crazy. People were screaming at the top of their lungs, jumping, singing, dancing, and for that one song the audience's energy was absolutely incredible. By that time, my calves were aching from all the jumping and dancing I'd done in the past three days, but I didn't care, I went on.

At this time, I'd completely forgotten about C stage and how they usually come to the stage right part of the arena. When the boys finished the wonderful song called “Strawberry Swing”, the all started to file off the stage, heading in my direction. I honestly can't describe what my heart was doing because I'd never felt it before. It almost stopped if I'm completely honest.

I got as close as the security guards would let me to the aisle and honestly started to freak out. Tears were streaming down my face, I was sweating and jumping up and down and reaching my arms between the muscular men trying to protect my favorite band from fans like me. Jonny was the first one to walk up the aisle and I swear, he looked right at me. About three feet away from my face, a look of worry quickly crossed his face, since I think he thought I was going to pass out. Jonny suddenly smiled brightly, then looked back at Chris, who was right behind him. Chris glanced at me, then at Jon and laughed, continuing onto their destination of C stage. I swear, my fingers got about two inches away from Chris's sleeve. Guy and Will followed, smiling at the crazed fan who almost had a heart attack right in front of him.

I'll never forget that moment. My favorite band, less than a yard away from me. I honestly still can't comprehend it to this very day. Their eyes, their hair, their smiles, their face, so close to mine. It was honestly the greatest moment of my life along with Chris looking at me during “In My Place”, and again during “Green Eyes” on C stage. Truly unforgettable.

“Lovers In Japan” is a song where Coldplay throws butterfly-shaped confetti onto their audience. Lots and lots of confetti. It's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen. During the chorus of the song, thousands of confetti come exploding down onto your head. The boys keep on playing and honestly, you barely notice them anymore. You just notice this shower of rainbow confetti falling down everywhere you can see. It's really beautiful, but it gets even better.

At the chorus of “Lovers In Japan”, the confetti turns neon. A blue back light turns on and the confetti suddenly looks glow in the dark. As I said before, Coldplay are playing the rest of the song but you really couldn't care less. You're trying to pick up as many confetti as you can.

I have collected confetti from all four of my Coldplay concerts, and they are now framed, and hanging on my wall.

The night was absolutely wonderful. It ended with the wonderful song called “Life In Technicolor II”, and the boys thanked us all for coming out, and said they'd “see us in a couple years”. I was a wreck at that point. So many wonderful things had happened to me that night that I never stopped dancing, never stopped screaming, and never stopped crying. I didn't want them to leave, but also couldn't wait until they came back. They waved, bowed, and were about to exit the stage when Guy walked over towards our side of the stage, I screamed his name, and waved as much as I could. He caught my eye, smiled, and waved back.

I almost collapsed on top of Jim in a pile of sweat and tears at that point. Words cannot describe what a wonderful night it had been.

I know I rambled, but I don't care! :wacko:!