✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Martin expected for 4th Coldplay album

Ondes Martenot

Yay, good news!!

I love that they make out as if Jonny, Guy and Will are just going to be sitting around for the rest of the year waiting on Chris saying he's ready to do the new album :dozey: :rolleyes: As if they have nothing better to do and that HE is the band.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Guy didn't say he wants the album to be finished by January, he just wants to "have something together", like bedofroses has already pointed out. But I don't think it will take "a couple of years" till the fourth album - it's a great ambition by the guys and it shows that they at least WANT and plan to do something soon, so that's good enough for now, isn't it? :)

Probably the guys will be back in the studio on october-november to manage to publish the album for jenuary or february...the song are already written and performed (even if in a 'try' version)...so the guys would publish the album very soon...

I've readed the news and i think that 'have something together by january" in means that by january they'll have the material to launch the new album...

Someone is agree with me?

i, too am very excited, who isnt, new coldplay material is very exciting...i for one though would like to see the other memebers of the band mentioned more in new articles, and, on the next album, i think johnny should have a huge part in the music...hes a great guitar player, and should have some major parts in some songs, if not most of them

Jesus, Chris(t)!

First you say you're gonna be gone for a couple of years, then now you'll have something together by next year :bigcry:

make up your mmiiiinnndddddd

haha I feel the same way. But atleast they're keeping us on out toes. I was going to start getting into my DMB cycle to try and forget about how long it will be until Coldplay is in the studio....:cool:

"why Coldplay are one of the best bands in the world."

Yikes! More fuel for the Coldplay haters! That quote should turn up about a billion times now in the "why I hate them" forums. :(

"why Coldplay are one of the best bands in the world."

Yikes! More fuel for the Coldplay haters! That quote should turn up about a billion times now in the "why I hate them" forums. :(

:c I was just thinking that.

I'm horribly excited for the new album, but I heard a rumor through the grapevine (the grapevine being a few friends of mine) that Chris Martin said there was a possibility of no pianos in the new album. Can someone shed some light on this? The source was not able to be reached and as for me, if it's the truth I'm more than a little angry about it. Pianos are the groundwork for Coldplay, am I right?

ANYWAY, pointless rambling aside, if someone a little more well informed could maybe confirm the rumor true or false, it would be great. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any information I find. 8D

Thanks guys! :D

:c I was just thinking that.

I'm horribly excited for the new album, but I heard a rumor through the grapevine (the grapevine being a few friends of mine) that Chris Martin said there was a possibility of no pianos in the new album. Can someone shed some light on this? The source was not able to be reached and as for me, if it's the truth I'm more than a little angry about it. Pianos are the groundwork for Coldplay, am I right?

ANYWAY, pointless rambling aside, if someone a little more well informed could maybe confirm the rumor true or false, it would be great. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any information I find. 8D

Thanks guys! :D

I believe I've heard that as well. I wouldnt believe they would actually do that. I mean, they are so far away from recording, their minds could change a million times on how the album will sound. I'm excited though. I cant believe its almost been a year since X&Y came out.