✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Martin expected for 4th Coldplay album

Ondes Martenot

I believe I've heard that as well. I wouldnt believe they would actually do that. I mean' date=' they are so far away from recording, their minds could change a million times on how the album will sound. I'm excited though. I cant believe its almost been a year since X&Y came out.[/quote']

From Wikipedia:

In an interview with the Chicago Sun-Times, Chris Martin hinted that Coldplay's next album may be a "fast, dark and heavy" affair "with no pianos."

It sounds like they're aiming for a piano-less Parachutes with more meaning. It sounds so intriguing, but I'll still be upset without pianos. :c Chris Martin is like, the whole reason I play piano anymore.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crap no piano yay new album it evens out nicely :D I wanna know the theme first it was kinda nature than cool looking heads than code what next.....

I heard feb but jans fine with me :D I don't mind it if they take their time. just gives them more time to make it brilliant.

From Wikipedia:

It sounds like they're aiming for a piano-less Parachutes with more meaning. It sounds so intriguing, but I'll still be upset without pianos. :c Chris Martin is like, the whole reason I play piano anymore.

now id like to see that!!! ur description of the album sound pretty nice!!

New father and COLDPLAY frontman CHRIS MARTIN will be back at the studio to record the band's fourth album by the end of this year (06)' date=' according to bandmates.[/b'] The FIX YOU hitmaker announced plans to take time out at the February (06) Brit Awards, but has reassured bandmates he will be back to work sooner than expected, despite the birth of his second child MOSES earlier this month (APR06). Bassist GUY BERRYMAN says, "We hope to have something together by January. "We're going to make sure with our new album that everyone remembers why Coldplay are one of the best bands in the world."

:cool:

source: contactmusic.com

Thats great news !

I think I would be ok if they didnt have piano in the next cd. Some of their best songs dont have piano in it. I think it would be fine.

Yeah, you're right, but it's just that I'm so accostumated to the ''piano coldplay''... :sick. I think I'd miss it if there's no piano anymore...And besides, they wouldn't make another amazing song like clocks again...without the piano part... :sad:

Oh please, as soon as that CD comes out and we hear it, is anyone really gonna sit there and say "oh how I miss that piano"? It's Coldplay people! They could play with maracas and tamberines and it would sound like a million bucks (or Euros...I hope thats alot of Euros).

Oh please' date=' as soon as that CD comes out and we hear it, is anyone really gonna sit there and say "oh how I miss that piano"? It's Coldplay people! They could play with maracas and tamberines and it would sound like a million bucks (or Euros...I hope thats alot of Euros).[/quote']

I'll miss it. I love the piano in songs. It's about half the reason I love Keane so much. Coldplay just amplifies my piano love. I'm not saying I won't love the new album, I'm just saying that I'll be a little upset that they've removed a fundamental instrument. They can do what they like. I'm still a fan.

clearly stating the obvious here :embarassed: but OH WELL:

the guys are wonderful, talented musicians and if they want to grow as artists they must broaden their borders. the piano features have done wonders, but it would be kind of sad if they just stayed with it (the same ol' songs will keep pouring out and then soon it'll get boring as they're starting to run out of ideas and they'll definitely be wasting whatever they had). they need to succeed to greater heights with their work because they definitely have the potential.

besides, it did took some time for the X&Y album to grow on people, and it'll be the same with the next album. did anyone mention the possibility of maybe at least a few more new piano song in the future, just for the fans and good ol' times? a lot of people make it as if they're NEVER gonna use the piano again. :confused:

i love them so much for the continuing aspirations, creativity, genuinity, and so forth. i really don't want them to be stuck, and if they want to be the band that took over the world with their music, then their music needs to reach other styles.

plus, other great bands have reached success w/o any dependence on piano

their new cd will sound good no matter what, with pianoes or w/o. sure i love pianoes just as much as the next person, i mean amsterdam the scientist and clocks and trouble all are some of my fav songs, but songs like gpasoyf and shiver, and spies and etc are just as amazing.... i just dont think that i can wait till jan!!! grrr