✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CCC [Project]: Sponsor a Child - Meet Zali from Mali!!

Our Sponsored Child is Zali from Mali!!!

zali1byd0.th.png

All money rasied from The $1.36 Campaign will go to Zali and his community! Watch this thread for updates about Coldplaying's very own child!

Click here to learn a little about his country, Mali. :)

Information about Zali and the region where he lives:

• Zali is 7 years old.
  • He lives with his father, mother and brother in a thatched roofed home in Gouaran, a small town in southeast Mali.
  • He is in primary school and loves sports.
  • The average Malian earns on average only $240 a year.
  • 30% of children under 5 are malnourished.
  • For more information, please view the STC Welcome Packet (pdf)

If you are interested in writing a letter to Zali, visit this thread for more information.

Scanned in mailings from Save the Children (STC):

• Click here to download (as a pdf) our "Sponsor a Child" welcome packet! Included is a photo of Zali, a letter of thanks from Save the Children, a short personal history of Zali, information on his country of Mali, and mailing address to send mail to Zali.

• UPDATES:

• September 13th, 2007: STC mailing from Mali Field Office. Includes new photo of Zali plus Annual Status Report 2007. Click.
  • July 6th, 2006: Click here for a letter of thanks from the Mali field office, a description of STC's work in the Sahel region of Africa, a correspondence information sheet & a little special something from Zali himself! :nice:

zalifrommali23py.png

• Like 6

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight was the most exhilerating and nerve wracking night of my life. Wow. SO WORTH IT!!!!

I'm very attached to Zali, I'm going to do all I can to spoil him and his friends rotten :nice:

• Like 3

This so exciting!!!! As CP music makes me feel good everyday, so does this amazing accomplishment of helping a child in need. I know that everyone in that region of Africa is struggling to survive, so much that it is hard to imagine what everyday life is like there...This is what makes me proud to be a part CCC!!! Cheers to us! :2thumbsup:

• Like 1

I put this in the other thread, but here goes again...

someone mentioned about how beautiful the ending on Politik was and I was thinking about that. "Oh give me love over this"

So when we get the address, maybe we can send him a music player with Coldplay music, (with a years supply of batteries, of course). Even if he doesn't speak English, I think they speak French, so anyway he can listen to the beautiful music. Can you see him playing Coldplay music with his friends? Oh, and some Coldplaying Charity Club T-shirts too! :)

Wow, you read our minds! Nadia, Allie, Vic and I actually discussed this in one of our chats, right after we adopted him! We said the same thing, that maybe we could try sending all our CDs and a battery powered CD player to him. :) As we get more involved in this I'm sure we'll come to realize what we can and can't do realistically, but hopefully that's one of the options we CAN do!!