✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CCC [Project]: Sponsor a Child - Meet Zali from Mali!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still cant believe we did this! Its great! I hope we really make a difference in the kids life.
I think we are off to a great start. :)

If it can be worked out, sharing the music with Zali would be lovely.

Our Sponsored Child is Zali from Mali!!!

All money rasied from The $1.36 Campaign will go to Zali and his community! Watch this thread for updates about Coldplaying's very own child! Click here to learn a little about Mali. :)

zalifrommali8ee.png

Awwwwwwwwww :heart:

This sort of reminds me of 'About Schmidt'. Anyone seen that film?

Oh, that was a good movie, this guy Schmidt wrote and received letters from a child he sponsored, which he was a lonely man but he had this child who brought happiness in his life....if I remember correctly, it was a while ago! :)

*Drum roll*

Ok guys, it finally arrived! I received our "Sponsor a Child" welcome packet today!! I've scanned all the important information into a pdf file. Click here. Included is a photo of Zali, a letter of thanks from Save the Children, a short personal history of Zali, information on his country of Mali, and an address to which we can send mail to Zali!

I won't say anything further about Zali here, so that it is all a surprise when you read the enclosed letters in the pdf. If anyone has problems opening the file, let me know.

Akldhfa;udfh. So exciting. :D

• Like 2

OH MY GOSH, NADIA!!!!! That is amazing, and faster than I even expected it!!!!!

Wow. He's even more adorable than the little picture we had!!!! :nice: What a sweet child. I wonder what sports he likes, maybe we can mail him baseball/football cards. He might find our American sports interesting!!! :nice: <-- that smiley is the only thing to describe how I feel and look right now!!!

Wow wow wow. I feel sooo good about myself, and I'm so proud of everyone here for being so involved! Incredible.

I need to go read it again!

I'm hoping the addition of Zali's picture in my profile is enough to get people to keep checking back here. I'm tempted to send out PM notifications of the update on Zali to people who have shown interest, but I really don't want to do that again... Sending PMs to 67 people was enough PMing for me for AWHILE. lol!

This is so amazing. I don't want to be a broken record, so just see Danielle's last two posts.

The response and the results has been overwhelming everyone. This is truly, incrediably amazing. Thank you so much for everyone; not only for donations but support, interest and involvement. This would not have been possible without the selflessness of the gracious members here.

Thanks so much again. Tomorrow night will be another meeting time for us mods, and we have many things to discuss!

Once again, thank you so much. This will all be worth it. :wacky: = me right now.

• Like 1

*Drum roll*

Ok guys, it finally arrived! I received our "Sponsor a Child" welcome packet today!! I've scanned all the important information into a pdf file. Click here. Included is a photo of Zali, a letter of thanks from Save the Children, a short personal history of Zali, information on his country of Mali, and an address to which we can send mail to Zali!

I won't say anything further about Zali here, so that it is all a surprise when you read the enclosed letters in the pdf. If anyone has problems opening the file, let me know.

Akldhfa;udfh. So exciting. :D

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! :nice:

Thankyou so much Nadia for taking the time to scan those, it was great to read and get more information on little Zali!

:wacky:

An idea that I had was to have an open thread where people could leave their messages to Zali. One of us mods would copy each of the messages (along with the names of the posters who left the messages, and real first names or nick names would be appreciated so we can stay away from him reading confusing usernames ;) ). We'd then print it out and that could be one of the letters sent to him! That way you guys don't have to spend a ton of money to mail your letters, and possibly get the address or information wrong.

Does something like that seem like something you guys would participate in?

• Like 1

An idea that I had was to have an open thread where people could leave their messages to Zali. One of us mods would copy each of the messages (along with the names of the posters who left the messages, and real first names or nick names would be appreciated so we can stay away from him reading confusing usernames ;) ). We'd then print it out and that could be one of the letters sent to him! That way you guys don't have to spend a ton of money to mail your letters, and possibly get the address or information wrong.

Does something like that seem like something you guys would participate in?

Wonderful idea. :)

I think corresponding with Zali will be very rewarding indeed. :D Included in the 'welcome package' is a booklet on sponsorship (which I haven't have time to scan in yet). A few pages of this booklet discuss letter writing and the letter delivery process. I will type this up for you all soon. It will of course be wonderful for us all to have the chance to send Zali a few words. In the Sponsor A Child booklet, it says that the children love to receive photographs of their sponsors, so if you all wanted, you could send your pics to [email protected], and we can include them in the letter we send to the Mali Field Office. :nice:

But remember there is nothing like recieving a hand written letter, so do consider that option as well.