✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Eurovision.........

fudge

And the winner of the evening is... Italy! :lol:

... because they didn't take part of it! It's always the same with these political votes! Maybe next year we'll get another country from the Balkan, if Montenegro will become independent tomorrow! :rolleyes: Germany should be devided into Germany and Bavaria to get 12 points... :P Well, place 15... a bit disappointed... :(

But Finland was the best! I really liked this song and they deserve it! :)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides Germany I liked Finland and Sweden! ;) That Swedish woman was so nice and had a good voice.

But how shitty was UK? :shocked2: You have so many great bands and artists on your island and what did you do? You sent a school-rap-song to the contest. :P

Sorry UK but what was that :stunned: the hole school thing.. there was something too much :confused: I didn't like Sweden.. the woman had some troubles with her jaws :thinking: But i actually liked Russia even though the guy had a terrible mullet :laugh3:

Congratz Finland! your act was good enough. :D

My fav was actually Bosnia&Herzegovina, got 3rd so its okay I think. ;)

I pretty laughed whit things like Andorra giving 12 to Spain or Moldova giving 12 to Romania, which were pretty bad in my opinion, they're neighbors so that explains it... lol.

Besides Germany I liked Finland and Sweden! ;) That Swedish woman was so nice and had a good voice.

But how shitty was UK? :shocked2: You have so many great bands and artists on your island and what did you do? You sent a school-rap-song to the contest. :P

You're forgetting:

The whole competition is sh*t, so it follows that all the songs will be sh*t, including the UK's.

The Finnish entry was too, but it was at least original and funny, unlike most of the other entries, which were just plain dreadful.

Germany cheated by using an Aussie, anyway, and so should have been disqualified.

I think that shows you don't have enough decent singers of your own!!:laugh3:

As it happens, the German entry was just about the only one that didn't make me cover my ears. :P

You're forgetting:

Germany cheated by using an Aussie, anyway, and so should have been disqualified.

As it happens, the German entry was just about the only one that didn't make me cover my ears. :P

It doesn't matter! :P In 1988 Céline Dion sang for Switzerland and won... ;) (and she's not really Swiss :D)

But you're right! The whole competition is sh**, not only the songs, also the voting! I really hope the 4 big nations will stop paying for it.

But the funny thing is that when Lordi were selected to represent Finland most of the Finns said how embarrissing it is and how Finland wouldn't win because of Lordi :P But when Lordi won it's totally different case!Suddenly all Finns are excited and proud of Lordi :D

Finnish monsters rock Eurovision

o.gif_41667998_lordiap_203.jpg

inline_dashed_line.gif

A Finnish "horror rock" group who dress in monster costumes have pulled off a surprise win at the 51st Eurovision Song Contest in Athens.

European viewers voted for Lordi's song Hard Rock Hallelujah in a show that is normally associated with catchy pop and big ballads.

Russia was second with Dima Bilan's Never Let You Go.

But UK rapper Daz Sampson could only manage to come 19th out of 24 countries with his song Teenage Life.

Lordi's masks, armour and jets of flame attracted widespread attention before the contest - but many thought they were too outlandish to win.

o.gifEUROVISION RESULTS

1. Finland - 292 points

2. Russia - 248

3. Bosnia and Herzegovina - 229

4. Romania - 172

5. Sweden - 170

6. Lithuania - 162

"We are a rock band and we just won Eurovision - that's weird," their lead singer, also called Lordi said.

"This was a victory for rock music and also a victory for open-mindedness," he said.

The result would open the doors for a wider range of musical styles at Eurovision in the future, he predicted.

"This is proof that from now on there will be more rock bands who will have the courage to join in," he said.

"This is proof that there are rock fans who watch Eurovision."

_41667972_dazap_203.jpg UK rapper Daz Sampson was not a hit with Eurovision viewers

The band had been accused by some conservative Greek organisations of promoting Satanism but said they had no connection with the occult.

"We have nothing to do with satan worshipping or anything like that - this is entertainment," Lordi said.

Lordi amassed 292 points after a public vote - 44 ahead of Russia, whose performance featured a ballerina emerging from a grand piano.

Bosnia and Herzegovina's entrant Hari Mata Hari was in third place, followed by Romania's Mihai Traistariu.

o.gifHAVE YOUR SAY

start_quote_rb.gif It was the best Eurovision in years end_quote_rb.gif

Jason Ranford, Woolwich

inline_dashed_line.gif

Carola, from Sweden, who was the bookmakers' favourite before the contest and won in 1991, came fifth.

Sixth place went to Lithuania's LT United, six men in suits singing: "We are the winners of Eurovision."

_41667540_carolaafp_203.jpg Swedish entrant Carola had been favourite before the contest

Hosts Greece came ninth with Anna Vissi, who had also been hotly tipped.

She was followed by Ireland's Brian Kennedy, who rounded off the top 10 with Every Song Is A Cry For Love.

Daz Sampson - one half of dance duo Uniting Nations - only gathered 25 points from the 35 countries that took part in the vote.

No country failed to get off the mark - Malta's Fabrizio Faniello came last with one point.

The other contenders included a German country and western singer, Israeli gospel and a Latvian a capella group.

Some 18,500 fans packed the arena in the Olympic stadium complex, with 2,000 journalists and 3,000 police officers on duty. The result means Finland will host the competition next year.

we, israel, got one place before last...

i hate it when they pick an artist that even no one here knows- i mean, if he cant suceed here, why would he suceed there??

Well, i heard the song and it's horrible (but so are most eurovision songs...)

and last year we got 4th place... such a huge fall in one year

I voted for Bosnia and i still listen the song. It 's really so good for a contest like eurovision. I'm glad that Turkey voted 12 for Bosnia. Other songs were awful.

Eurovision is the contest of "which country has more good neighbours?"...

Haha, so true Andorra-Spain, Russia-Ukraine, Moldvoda-Romania, Russia-Bielorussia

But I actually think its more cause many people from those countries live in those other countries, I mean Andorra has many Spaniards, in Ukraine live many Russian...etc.

yeah that's true.. germany, netherlands , france , belgium are not the neighbours of Turkey but they always vote for us becase of the Turks live in there:)

So you cant expect fair voting with these relationships.. :)