✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay songs - Minus and Plus (Game)

Guest REManic

^ Thanks! :D

+: It's a very beautiful song.. I absolutely love the way it builds up. It's a gorgeous song, and would be a great replacement for Major Minus or PoC. The lyrics are great as well... the intro is something special, however:

-: The intro is a little slow for my liking. Although it is gorgeous... I almost want to call the first 10 seconds bland but I just can't, The intro is just something else that is actually quite amazing.

But the rest of the song is MUCH better... holy! It's gorgeous! Just imagine MX with Moving to Mars replacing Major Minus or PoC... :) Also, it's not included in the album... :(

I did my best on the -'s... couldn't find much other than that :\

Cemeteries of London

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pour Me

+: It's a great rock track, it's not your typical rock track either... it has a creative melody+drumbeat combination IMO. Great guitar work as well... :D It has this certain feel to it generated by the vocals in my opinion... and one part of the song (3:01-3:26) does the same thing.. that's my favorite part of the song IMO.

-: Only recording I can find of it is poor-quality... :( Also, it isn't really Coldplay's best track, I mean there is a reason it got eliminated so early in the X&Y elimination. The vocals could be a bit better, but they still are pretty nice. :)

And yes, I'm not too good at making my reviews short and concise like yours. :P I'm probably the only one who makes there +/-'s more than a line or two each. :lol:

No More Keeping My Feet On The Ground (I already have a minus for it, just sayin, in case you do have a hard time coming up with one:P)

My negative would have been that the song title is so long LOL:P

+: It has a nice little melody to it... it has REAL DRUMS :D and really it's a great all-around song. I love the "ohhh ohhhh ohhh ohhh" part... that's very memorable to me.

-: It's a little cheesy (oh well, we need some cheese sometimes:D), it isn't the most original thing in the world, therefore there's not a lot to remember it by, minus the "ohhh ohh ohh ohhhh" which is in itself a little bland and cheesy, and not as powerful as some of the other Coldplay songs. The song is a little bland as well... there's not much to remember it by as I said before, it kind of seems like a song you've heard before. There's nothing in the song that makes you want to go back and listen to it, for that exact reason. Also, the song title, SUCKS. "Amazing Day" Like, give me a break. And the part when he says that is quite cringeworthy... :D

Despite the 6 lines of negatives, it's still an amazing song, so don't be discouraged by that. :)

A Rush Of Blood To The Head (song)

Aww thanks ! :D

+ the best guitar instrumental ever, I can't really describe it, for me the sound is a mixture of melancholy, nostalgia, sadness, departure, new beginnings. Chris's soft voice and falsetto, the cryptic lyrics in the second verse, and that sound when all instruments re-enter after the piano/bass solo (around 3:40, I think)

- Someone grabbed the title of this beautiful song as username in Coldplaying.com, and the contents of the posts may not always live up to this song :P

A Message

• 2 weeks later...

+ nice effort to write a song for Spanish-speaking crowd

- don't like the melody; the song should rather have gone by the name Spanish Rain (you can hear the Spanish crowd stop cheering when Chris announces the title, for it is so cliched); the Ole Ole Ole section is rather uncreative

Rainy Day

Parachutes:

+The shortest somg by any band that can still make someone fall in love with that band. Represents the unconditional love theme of the Parachutes album. Nice guitar work.

-Could it be a little longer?!

Careful Where You Stand

Edit: Choose which song to review, this one or Postcards From Far Away

• 3 weeks later...

I'll revive this thread again. :)

+ beautiful song, needs more recognition, creative melody, nice all around

- should have been released, isn't known very well, to quiet at the beginning (in the recording I know), and there's something else I don't like about it that I kind of forgot...

A Head Full Of Dreams (title Track)