✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay songs - Minus and Plus (Game)

Guest REManic

^Umm, that wasn't a b-side. It was released as a single so...

+ What a great throwback to the oldplay days. It's the "The Scientist/Fix You" song of the album.

- I think a little more practice time with the vocals would have made it alot better. The electronic drum beats bother me too. I replaced this song on the album with the live version.

Army Of One

Oh oops I meant not on Viva I don't know why the hell I said b side.

+ they brought back the organ sorta, good guitar throughout. Nice concept of 'Army of One', good medley

- slightly forgettable, a lot of 'goods' but a not a lot of 'greats'

Talk

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+ I like existential crisis Chris lyrics: 'when you feel like a puzzle but you can't find your missing piece' I get you Chris

- takes too long to get to Jonny's crazy solo

Wish they'd play it live again! I loved the techno Talk/GPASUYF they used to do on the B Stage

Birds

• 2 weeks later...

The Hardest Part:

+ Gorgeous melody, everything flows very nicely together, piano sounds amazing, great guitar work by Jonny. overall just a really beautiful and nice track. Top 5 in X&Y for me.

- As beautiful as it is, I find it hard to remember anything about the song except the first minute or so, so I have to listen to it again. Most of the lyrics are very good, however, some could be better. Now that I've listened to it again, it kind of sounds weak for some reason. I don't know what it is... however it has a strong enough melody and guitar work in the second half of the song to still be in my Top 5 for X&Y. It's also really repetitive.

Life In Technicolor ii

+like the line "For you I waited all these years"

- the melody really sounds as if I've heard it on more then one folk song before; don't like the instrumental sound too much; I also would have preferred Twisted Logic to be the album closer

Murder

Hmm now I know your opinion on Til Kingdom Come.... although I think I know now, have you lsitened to a lot of folk tracks? Maybe that's why I love Til Kingdom Come and it's melody, I haven't heard it a lot and love the so relaxing. But if maybe I heard more folk tracks I'd not like it as much but I want to like TKC XD

Hmm now I know your opinion on Til Kingdom Come.... although I think I know now, have you lsitened to a lot of folk tracks? Maybe that's why I love Til Kingdom Come and it's melody, I haven't heard it a lot and love the so relaxing. But if maybe I heard more folk tracks I'd not like it as much but I want to like TKC XD

I don't specially listen to a lot of folk, except for dream folk such as songs by Vashti Bunyan. Maybe folk was the right word, but I really feel I've heard the melody previously in "traditional" songs here. Also, I'm really angry at it preventing Twisted Logic from being the closer, becauseTwisted Logic for me is the perfect closer and fits better to the mood of the album. (Same with Amsterdam and AROBTTH, by the way.)

OK, then:

Amsterdam

I don't specially listen to a lot of folk, except for dream folk such as songs by Vashti Bunyan. Maybe folk was the right word, but I really feel I've heard the melody previously in "traditional" songs here. Also, I'm really angry at it preventing Twisted Logic from being the closer, becauseTwisted Logic for me is the perfect closer and fits better to the mood of the album. (Same with Amsterdam and AROBTTH, by the way.)

OK, then:

Amsterdam

Interestingly enough Twisted Logic is the perfect lead-up to the closer in my personal opinion... it's the best job that Coldplay ever did to lead up to a closer, besides DLIBYH. But yes everyone has their own opinions :D Also I don't really feel like that with Til Kingdom Come, I think the melody is nice and relaxing and original (although Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground is essentially a rehash of Til Kingdom Come so maybe that's why you feel like you've heard it one to many times) but for me the instrumentation is very relaxing and suits the song perfectly. However one song where I feel like I've heard the melody before is Amazing Day. I really adore the song and is the second best of AHFOD IMO but it just sounds so unoriginal and a little bland to be honest... the melody throughout the song I feel like I've heard so so many times before and it's a little bland up until the "ohhhh ohhhhh ohhhhh ohhhhh" part (that part and after that is so freaking powerful, and that's why it's the runner up to my favorite song IMO).

Swallowed In The Sea

+ Has a lot of emotional meaning to my life and how it applied to people in my past.

+ Vocals are sung simply yet sweetly, the instrumental, I feel, comfortably coincides with the vocals nicely.

- One of my favorites of theirs, so really my complaint is that it ends lol

O (Fly On)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

+

Vocals are great, sound very different from today, definetely a very different song from what you'd expect today, great tune to rock out to

-

Don't know, except that it'd probably be my least favorite out of the "early days" era (pre-Parachutes)

Life in Technicolor

• 1 year later...
+

Vocals are great, sound very different from today, definetely a very different song from what you'd expect today, great tune to rock out to

-

Don't know, except that it'd probably be my least favorite out of the "early days" era (pre-Parachutes)

Life in Technicolor

Life In Technicolor

+ Great opener one of their best, love the Indian and Indie vibes, the Drumming is some of Will's most rocking and how the final chord rings into Cemeteries of London is great ^^

-It's too short luckily Life In Technicolor ii exists :D

XMarksTheSpot [emoji23]

Those Who Are Dead Are Drifting Through Outer Space~

X Marks The Spot

+ It is definitely Coldplay experimenting with a new genre, and the production isn't all that bad. Jonny's hip-hop guitar is a nice touch and Will's (So I Race for it.....) is the most prominent Will part on the album. Decent beats, nice glitches. If you hate this song, the instrumental isn't that bad.

-Lyrics....are.....:mask:..... I can't help that "I got a rocket, eyes on the prize." is incredibly immature. Also, the bass lines are a clear rip-off of Kendrick Lamar's Swimming Pools.... Chris Martin is not a rapper.....Also, this is the song before Amazing Day??? Talk about a song that does not fit into an album.

Spies

• Like 1

Wait, the "So I race for it" part is from Will ? I always thought that was Chris's voice heavily modified ?

Yes, it is Will singing[emoji3]

Wait, the "So I race for it" part is from Will ? I always thought that was Chris's voice heavily modified ?