✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay songs - Minus and Plus (Game)

Guest REManic

Up&Up

+ not poppy/dancey in the 2010s style of pop, good emotional ending with the drawn-out vocals

- melody and verses are VERY Britpop (which I don't like), the whole song and especially the chorus (just how often does it say "get it together?) are too repetitive for my liking

Lost!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+ Beautiful nice little acoustiic song :D Overall feel is very nice, I like it. one of Coldplay's very underrated and hidden gems

- Too short (that's literally only bad thing about it, best I could do :D Just like U.F.O, very beautiful acoustic song but its just so shortttt :()

Always in my Head

Hmm I couldn't think of any xD

AROBTTH

+Perfect title track, love the edgy nervous feel to it and live it's amazing especially Jonny's guitar work.

-The studio version lacks the punch and definition of the live one and lacks the soloish thing J does live.

Up With The Birds

I Bloom Blaum

Not gonna lie I've only listened to it twice :p But from what I heard...

+Beautiful delicate song love how sparse it is

-Terrible title IMO The Blue People in Icelandic xD

Always In My Head

Really xD I love the studio version :3

Yellow

+Beautiful instrumentation all around (fits the song mood well) love how they always manage to breathe life into each tour and very simple yet pretty music video.

-Okay lyrics, the two stories for how it got its title and its way way too overplayed.

X&Y

• 2 weeks later...
I thought there was more reasons for the hate for it?

Major Minus

+ (probably) the best songs on MX, sounds great live, good guitar work

- studio version is absolute crap

+: You've GOT to be kidding me. This is by far the worst song on MX. (IMO)

-: I agree.

The live version is actually pretty good though.

BTW, please don't take my "worst songs on MX" view as me saying this song sucks. Because it doesn't. I actually think this song is decent (and it gets better as it goes on too). But because all that's left is AMAZING songs (take away Princess of China, that's good, not amazing) the one decent song is the worst. Again, Major Minus is decent. Bot not amazing like everything else except PoC on MX.

-

X&Y

+: The intro is beautiful. I love how it builds up. The part where it goes "You and me are floating on a tidal wave"... is also really nice. As a whole, really strong rock track.

-: Not the strongest of songs on the album. It feels a little "cut off". There should have been more material, for example the guitar part that hits at around 2:05 is awesome but it should be placed much later in the song. At 2:30 the "You and me are floating on a tidal wave..." hits again, but that part literally just played before the guitar part. Again, there should be more material. Because of the placements of all the parts this song feels really short, and cut off, as I explained before, and therefore the song just feels weirder than it should be. Not only because of the placement of the parts of the song but it's just a "weirder" song. I don't know. I shouldn't be going on and on trying to explain something I know I can't explain :p

Mylo Xyloto/Hurts like Heaven

BTW, please don't take my "worst songs on MX" view as me saying this song sucks. Because it doesn't. I actually think this song is decent (and it gets better as it goes on too). But because all that's left is AMAZING songs (take away Princess of China, that's good, not amazing) the one decent song is the worst. Again, Major Minus is decent. Bot not amazing like everything else except PoC on MX.

-

X&Y

+: The intro is beautiful. I love how it builds up. The part where it goes "You and me are floating on a tidal wave"... is also really nice. As a whole, really strong rock track.

-: Not the strongest of songs on the album. It feels a little "cut off". There should have been more material, for example the guitar part that hits at around 2:05 is awesome but it should be placed much later in the song. At 2:30 the "You and me are floating on a tidal wave..." hits again, but that part literally just played before the guitar part. Again, there should be more material. Because of the placements of all the parts this song feels really short, and cut off, as I explained before, and therefore the song just feels weirder than it should be. Not only because of the placement of the parts of the song but it's just a "weirder" song. I don't know. I shouldn't be going on and on trying to explain something I know I can't explain :p

I love X&Y

-

Mylo/HLH

+ Jonny's guitar solos are great and on par with the Up&Up solos. Great bass coming through without washing the sound it supports the song very well.

-I don't know...they couldve taken out the sequencers in the background and made it a tad more powerful oh and the lyrics aren't the best

Low

X&Y is my favorite song! :D

Low

+Its a real rhythmic track, show cases Wills X&Y era metronomic drumming well, the switch up is awesome and perfectly describes what its like to constantly cheer someone up who doesn't respond.

-Lyrics are really cheesy (still love them), guitar is not as good as it could be and the sudden fade in is a bit jarring after A Message.

-

X&Y

Well lyrically MM ties into the concept strongly and is one hell of a rocker.

Also I believe X&Y describes new found love/true love perfectly :D The two of you feel lost amongst a sea of emotions or drifting away together into bliss. And the music reflects that very well IMO.

Hey you need to give a new track to review :D

And I think Major Minus is one of the best, if not the best song on MX.

That other comment saying MM tied the concept strongly, that's why I do like it in that way. Very important song on the album. Even though Coldplay can do better I need to admit it's a very strong rock track. :D But it's just that Coldplay have so much good songs, and one of them has to be last :D Major Minus is still way better than radio mainstream "stuff" of today.

Wait, technically I just did a +/- of MM when I'm supposed to be doing I Ran Away :lol: (that doesn't work anymore :()

Now, on to the song I am supposed to do a review... I Ran Away! The one who I replied to above! :D

+: Awesome rocky drum intro, coldplay don't have a lot of songs beginning with just the drums. The guitar has the pecfect sound and the piano goes right along with it. The song ties together very nicely as a whole, has a great melody, is strong instrumentally, and as a whole is a great track. :D

-: Honestly, nothing!

I hope your pleased with this review @I ran away:D

EDIT: Whoopsies! Almost forgot a song to recommend!

Life in Technicolor ii

Life in Technicolor II

+ fantastic and creative use of that internment that I may or may not have forgotten the name of (something hammer chord?) to create a really cool riff- it's just so infectious!

- only a b side :( cheesy ish lyrics depending on your mood

Everglow

• Like 1

^Umm, that wasn't a b-side. It was released as a single so...

+ What a great throwback to the oldplay days. It's the "The Scientist/Fix You" song of the album.

- I think a little more practice time with the vocals would have made it alot better. The electronic drum beats bother me too. I replaced this song on the album with the live version.

Army Of One

• Like 1