✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay songs - Minus and Plus (Game)

Guest REManic

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol I can't believe I brought this thread back :D

+Great melody... it is beautiful. Everything kind of fits together. It's a nice little nighttime tune to listen to.

-Chris vocals do fit with the song, although he could have done a better job... also it doesn't have real drums in it either. It uses the typical electronic drum of pop nowadays...

Viva la Vida

+Great lyrics.

-Straw that broke the camels back.

Square One

At least you were able to come up with a plus for VLV considering how much you despise it :D

+Amazing lyrics... and a fantastic intro. Chris' voice activates at the right points during this song. Awesome drumbeat as well, and a great buildup as the song goes on Amazing guitar... and a great album opener.

-It's not perfect... I don't know why... I'll edit this post after once I've came up with a logical minus. :D

Fix You

I never said I despised it! I actually think it's a good song, just horribly overrated.

Oh... sorry for misunderstanding! :P

(The Man Who Swears)

+It's a beautiful song, it has a beautiful melody. I really like it.

-Chris doing the "dootleditoo da daaa" at the beginning is kinda weird :P

Up With The Birds

+Very creative intro. I really like it. An absolutely beautiful melody as well. It's a magnificent track to close AROBTTH with.

-Chris does seem a bit to quiet when he first speaks.... I consistently have to turn it up to hear him. Other than that I can't find any other minuses. It's near perfect.

U.F.O

^ Exactly my thoughts! I completely agree with the -... if I ever figure out how to make an extended mix someday I'll certainly extend U.F.O for all y'all :D

+: Very creative song. I also really like the melody of it. The music video is so freaking cool, and I LOVE Jonny's angry guitar in the track... it's great to have those songs from Coldplay every once in a while to see what they can come up with. A magnificent rock track all around, and they even managed to fit piano in there! :D

-: This is so small a weakness that it really doesn't matter but the ambient intro is just a bit long. It doesn't take away from the song all that much but this is the best example I could find from Violet Hill to put as a weakness.

Yellow

+Early Chris at his best. Such a beautiful song. Jonny, Will, and Guy all play incredibly, too. It was the song that made Coldplay a big name.

-Well, c'mon, it's Yellow!! Is there anything bad about it?! Well I guess the only thing I don't like is that, in the album version, he doesn't end the song with, "Yeah they were all yellow"

MX/Hurts Like Heaven

I would suggest a small weakness to the song in that the ambient intro is just a tad too long.

Thanks! I honestly was having trouble coming up with one weakness.... it's a very minor weakness that hardly takes away from the song but I can agree that it is a weakness nonetheless... adding it.

(MX/Hurts Like Heaven)

+: The intro is absolutely beautiful. It's a great way to begin the album (and the song) and in my opinion is the richest and best intro of all Coldplay's album openers. They couldn't have done better for an album themed like this. The song following (Hurts like Heaven) is a great way to follow on, opens with a fast drumbeat, and goes on to make a very great-sounding song, with a big sound. It's also quite creative in my opinion, with a very interesting melody and the way that the song progresses is very nice. I really like the fade-out outro. You usually don't see fade-out used in this instance this effectively. I really like as the finishing touches and the final notes finish off the song, they slowly fade out into nothing, which in my opinion you don't see a lot in Coldplay's songs, or any song for that matter.

-: Holy... it is produced quite a bit, there's quite a lot of tracks overlapping each other at some points during the track and I can understand how hard it must be to mix all of them to produce a great sound, and in my opinion they did their best, and it does sound really good but it is kind of overwhelming to say the least. :)

Always in my Head

+ Beautiful piano melodies and Chris' voice fits so amazingly.

- Can't think of much, but the song could be longer, played more live and at least released as a b side.

What? A beautiful song like A Ghost is much more than just a B-sde! :P

BTW since you didn't put a song down I'll just put the next one here: U.F.O.

+: Absolutely beautiful. It's nice and simple, doesn't have a lot of production, and is really nice. It's my third favorite song from MX.

-: The song is much too short... :( Maybe once I learn the art of music editing I could make an extended version for all to enjoy... :D

LiT (original)

EDIT: I just realized now that I asked about U.F.O somewhere up above... whoops :\

+ Loved how they used a Yangqin, very exotic

- Vocal version should have been on the album. The song seems way too powerful and inspiring to me to be left without vocals or be left that short.

White Shadows

I completely agree about the minus. Why in any world would Coldplay put a shorter and lamer version of a beautiful song on an actual album and leave the better version off an album? That's stupid... and it still remains a mystery.

+: I really like the melody to this song. This song is a very great mix of the X&Y space-ish sound in the background and a rock sound. Together they make a great sound. I like all parts of the song, I love the rock intro then what follows after seems perfectly suiting, and this trend continues through the song. IMO they nailed this song. The song has a lot of variety in it too. The outro is perfect, I love how the song slowly gets more low-tone gradually, and the spacey-sound of X&Y at the end it a perfect way to end the song, gradually disappearing with Chris singing a bit. All in all, what a great song!

-: Now I'm not sure about everyone else, but in my version the end suddenly cuts out. It does start to fade out but it just cuts out and I didn't really like that, so I had to edit that out and fade it out even more so that sudden ending disappears. It doesn't really sound good when a song suddenly ends like that. Now in some cases they can make a song's sound suddenly end even if it's a very loud ending that just stops. I can't remember the name of the Coldplay song that was able to pull it off but they did it very effectively there. (I'll edit the song title in once I figure it out, I'm really that bored that I'm going through every song to find that song :P)

Square One (from the same album! :D)

EDIT: I was starting to get a little worried that someone would beat me to writing the +/- since it felt like it was taking a while, but I guess that didn't happen :P No worries... that would have been hilarious though.

Well White Shadows ends so abruptly because it's made to lead right into Fix You......and is the other song you are thinking of Twisted Logic?

+It's a great album opener and an even better concert opener. The sound does quite a good job of introducing the space-y vibe. It has some really great lyrics that capture the theme of the album. I have read that it has helped some of the people on this site out during difficult times. Will's drums. That guitar riff. But, most importantly, that last verse....

- I find it really hard to come up with minuses in this game haha. I guess one could be that this song is not longer! ;)

Edit:

New Song: The World Turned Upside Down