✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay songs - Minus and Plus (Game)

Guest REManic

The World Turned Upside Down:

+ Really good rock song. Love the bass guitar and drumming from Will. Very melodic verses and addicting guitar from Jonny. I also like the background singing on the verse! Is that Will? It is fun. Lyrically I there are great moments. And I like that Chris uses words that we don't usually get in Coldplay songs. Also love the meaning of the song! BUT

- I think the vocals are a bit annoying on the chorus and a bit too mopy (like much of the x&y era). Plus parts of the songs feel really childish. He is basically just saying "wow all these things are so crazy. I don't get it. I am just a little boy lost in a storm. but I am in love with somebody too?" The sentiment is great but it is not very poetic....

NEXT UP:

Don Quixote

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well White Shadows ends so abruptly because it's made to lead right into Fix You......and is the other song you are thinking of Twisted Logic?

+It's a great album opener and an even better concert opener. The lyrics and sound really capture the theme of the album. It has some really great lyrics. I have read that it has helped some of the people on this site out during difficult times. Will's drums. That guitar riff. But, most importantly, that last verse....

- I find it really hard to come up with minuses in this game haha. I guess one could be that this song is not longer! ;)

I do agree that for album listening it's great for songs to end like White Shadows but when I shuffle my songs it would be midly annoying for me to have a song that doesn't fade out at the end.

Exception: Twisted Logic (and some other songs, but that was the specific one I was thinking of :P). You're right. For some reason I thought that song I was thinking of at first when I didn't know the title came from MX, because I was only thinking of the outro which, at that intro where it actually strongly gets louder than stops, it strongly reminded me of MX for some reason. But I agree, even though that song doesn't fade out at the outro it's still an amazing (and creative) outro. It does give you a little bit of a jump when you're listening at a high volume though. (BTW, at this point when I was writing this I accidentally highlighted everything and deleted it. I only got it back because of auto-save. If you're reading this and came up with that feature, thank you so much!:D

(Don Quixote)

+: It's a beautiful song. I really like the melody. Why did they decide not to release it!! It's so beautiful...

-:It does seem to be a bit repetive... also the instruments keep covering up Chris voice so I can't hear him half the time.

EDIT:And of couse people beat me to reviewing the next song lol :P I kind of expected that because I actually started this comment a long time ago but had to eat so I planned ahead and didn't waste my time when I finished it.:P

EDIT2: Just looked it up, edited comment and reviewed it.

+ The bridge with the guitar parts is the only part that is well done.

- Poor rhymes and lyrics, generic instrumentation, and the melody somewhat falls flat next to all the outstanding ones on this album. In my opinion it hould have been replaced by Gravity or Things I Don't Understand on the album.

Proof

+It has some really sweet and love-filled lyrics

-It never really reaches a powerful moment

@cp3176, I think you need to devote a whole day just to listen to all the songs you've never heard.....trust me, you'll find some amazing stuff :)

+It has some really sweet and love-filled lyrics

-It never really reaches a powerful moment

@cp3176, I think you need to devote a whole day just to listen to all the songs you've never heard.....trust me, you'll find some amazing stuff :)

I've actually heard a lot of Coldplay songs before... I just don't listen to the lesser-known ones very often :P I might want to spend a day listening to those songs I really don't know too well.... :P

BTW want to give us a song to review?:D

Ugh....I even said to myself this time, "now don't forget to put a new song to review"

New Song: A Whisper

LOL

+: Great rock sound, I love it! :D I like all parts of the song but my favorite are the parts that go like what 0:37-0:46. I like how it also has lyrics relating to the great, great song "Clocks" in it as well in this time span. :D

-: It isn't the best song on AROBTTH though.... lol I don't know what else to put down for it other than that like most Coldplay songs I do enjoy:P

Don't Panic

+ Great riff and melody; the line "Television-sitting plastic figurines of leaders, saying nothing at all"; one of the best songs on the Prospekt's March EP; full of energy and invigorating

- lyrics are not very coherent imho, could be better

I Bloom Blaum

+: It's a nice little relaxing tune. It's nice. :)

-: It's a tad repetitve (not much tho). It's too short. And, it almost seems a little too raw. I like a raw sound so don't get me wrong though.. but the song is just so raw that it kind of surprises you... and for that reason it's a bit bland. Not a lot, it's actually quite original but it kind of sounds bland. but I still very much enjoy the song.

Magic

+: Very nice... I still enjoy it despite it's simplicity. It has this special feeling to it you can't describe.

-: Too bad it was unreleased and it wasn't longer... I guess they did incorporate it into Major Minus, but it's too bad that they had to stick it into an, in my opinion, a sub-par song.

Paradise

+ good as a first effort of a newly formed band, layered (even if this gets lost in the bad production), a small hint at the atmospheric ability of early Coldplay

- silly lyrics, opening riffs very similar to a particular Radiohead song (I think it is Just)

Moving To Mars (for you anthamic, because i just saw I had posted my previous one a minute after cp had responded...

Paradise

+ (Semi-)catchy, nice rhythm, nice Jonny solo

- Like most songs from MX, very poppy and dull

Moving to Mars

Paradise

+ a pop track that stands out from other pop tracks on the radio :D, nice melody and buildup, orchestric feel, strings, nice lyrics, the bridge

- drumbeat could be better, Chris's vocals could be better

Amsterdam

LOL you both posted your reviews of Paradise at the same :D