✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Nirvana

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nirvana are one of those bands that are once in a generation......ie Beatles>Clash>Pixies>Nirvana....

for me i listen to their music & i see the same riffs, chords, melodies that others before did, but they did unique and had their one sound, you can't mistake a Nirvana track with anything else. And their lyrics, at first they're like ?? but then you listen closer & apply to your own life & if you read about Kurts you understand...they're easy to overlook. Nirvana came along at just the right time for rock & sadly in their absence no band for my liking anyways has filled the void left by them..all the things Kurt stood against in the music industry are just 1o fold right now...few bands are going to have the same integral status as them...these bands are rare..1 every generation. So if you aint into them, or weren't into them believe me you're missing out bigtime...their music is still increasingly relevant in our times.

That is all

Thank You :cool:

Thank Ya :D

I found a great qoute in MOJO mag Jan 2003 issue today @ the end of an article about them:

The historical power of rock has been in the fact that it has given a voice and a face to the disposessed. Cobain embodied this fact, which musicians and fans continue to ignore at their peril:if it does not include the outsider, there is no good reason for rock to exist.

*round of applause for that!! ;)

yeah i have, a friend had it & i read it, that was a while ago now, i need to get my own copy..& there's a good biography written about him too..i forget the name of it right now..i think it's got the word heaven in the title? Heavier than heaven, i think that's it too..i've read a bit of that..need to buy that one too..bah there's sooo many books i need to buy! :P

well hearing you say that makes me glad i dont know who that dude is! heh, i probably am better off not knowing right? Oh, go ahead spoil it for me, i give who is he??

yessss. a KC thread is in order! But where to start!? There's so much to do with Cobain that needs addressing :D

• 8 months later...

Nirvana special in my own private room :)

Haha. A friend let me have his 5 Nirvana CDs for as long as I want, so now I have Bleach, Nevermind, In Utero, MTV Unplugged in New York and Nirvana - Unplugged & In Utero The Demos right next to me :cool:

And it feels good. Haha.

That's cool but what about the live album and videos?

i got all their videos, the live & loud concert, and the mtv studios performance [uncut]

I guess he didn't have them :embarrased: *sighs* if only I had it.

In Utero The Demos ?

That's what it says :cool:

Just buy them.

I would, if I had any money :P

For those who didn't know the in utero demos include:

1. Heart-Shaped Box

2. Scentless Apprentice

3. Milk It

4. Moist Vagina

5. Very Ape

6. Gallons Of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through The Strip [included on album as bonus track]

7. Unknown #1 ("Death certificate")

8. Meat (a.k.a. virginia)

9. Seasons In The Sun