✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

**The Kooks!**

frogbuttgirlie

:anxious: you're right! It's all very tightly connected, and it just makes us more curious about it now! Though the band is called Paris Trading, so it makes sense :thinking:

Btw just realised I posted a completely wrong link to their myspace, so that's edited now :wink2:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they are quite good,but i definitely don't think they deserve all this attention.They are a regular new british,pop-rock band like the millions of the ones that appear everyday in the UK.They are not sth special.I think they are perfect if you don't have anything to listen to!

Introductory bit:

Luke Pritchard - singer

176961048_6ac5efcd91_o.jpg

Hugh Harris - lead guitar

121173938_c2f3b16569_o.jpg

Max Rafferty - bass

121259219_f4d178453e.jpg

Paul Garred - drums

122812710_b71e094340.jpg

Pete whateverhissurnameis - fill in bass (for Max)

278709478_21bfbfa4d2_o.jpg

And just because, new new new photos :dance: from the Paris gig:

http://www.photosconcerts.com/index.php?action_index=affichage_concert_groupe&action_index_menu_left=affichage_concert_groupe&concertid=1282&alpha=T23&photo_nom=2006-11-10-0160&photo_encours=2006-11-10-0160&stat=1

thx very much

:bigcry:

MAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!

Is it totally selfish or completely ungrateful(Or whatever other word:confused:) to say that I dont like Pete?

:sad:

You're not the only one my friend :\ It's not his fault though, but I feel a bit bad for Max, can't help it. Though this Pete guy manages with his own band, support slots and Kooks' show on same nights. Why can't Max stick to it? :sick:

On a different note, what do you think about the Paul sung song? I quite like it :nice: but it wasn't very good received on their forum. I think he sounds and looks extremely sweet :blush:

I'm finding myself doing it all the time! Though I have my theory it's only when it comes to her :laugh3: I mean I loooove her but she does obsses over all these bands I introduce to her :shifty:

For the record, I'm not being completely serious :rolleyes:

Dude, I go through the same thing. I brought my Kooks album in to my best friend Alison, who I have no problem with listening to the same music as me. But Alison took the CD out in english class and I was showing her who everybody is and this bitch Erica who's... well, I GUESS she's a friend of mine, we hang out every now and then, she comes over and is all "let me borrow this!" and I'm like "errrr" and then she went over Alison's house later and took the CD without me saying yes, telling Alison I DID say yes and wtf!!!

She did the same with my Art Brut CD :angry:

She's just so annoying, and I hate when she's all "oh yeah the Kooks are really great!" then when she saw the CD in english she was all "cuuuuuties" UGH it made me sick. fuck that. Yeah, I seem to like all these bands first and she comes along thinking she's just entitled to liking them as much, if not more, than me. Like oh god eff you!!!

*BREATHES!*

done :laugh4: but yeah, I get ya Andy. Don't worry. I'm sick of this bitch stealin' my life. First she went all into classic rock when I was. Then she was into Coldplay like me. Then she freakin' tries to be into the music I like now.

Hasn't got the Libs yet :smug: I refuse to mention them around her, ha!

whoo yeah done.

Wow that's EXACTLY the same I'm going through :stunned: She first saw a Kooks video when going through my ipod and was like "omg he's so cute", and I was al "yeah, they're really great" lmfao. I don't know, there's people who I don't mind but her excuse is "you know so much more bands that I do". Yeah! I don't know, it's just annoying :\ I'm glad you guys know what I mean cause I really don't know how to explain it :laugh3:

I woulnd't mind if she just likes them, but she always ends up acting like a hardcore fan and comes to me saying all the things she's downloaded etc. :angry: I don't really care, I already know! :smug:

Woo I feel better now :D

Ugh, yeah, this girl Erica I was talking about saw a STROKES video on my ipod and was all "oh yeah they were on Gilmore Girls" but um no, it was the Shins. :rolleyes: but she pretended to be all "oh my bad but I love the Strokes" yeah ok you don't even know them you chav psh.

I hate people like that! Best not mess, bitch! Can't touch this! :smug: :laugh4:

And there was me thinking she was your friend :rolleyes:

Well this girl I'm on a about, she's my closest friend from uni and yes I like her a lot, but sometimes when it comes to music arghh I don't know. Once in a while she brings up the Libs and I'm yeah yeah acting unintersted not to hit her :laugh3: I swear I can be nice sometimes too!

Oh and now you mention The Strokes, yeah. Last year, at their gig, I met her when it was over and I was seriously excited and sweaty and jumping all around. So I was telling her it was one of the best times ever and I added that my mobile was stolen, with a HUGE smile on my face. She was all 'what the hell is wrong with you are you on drugs andy?' lmfao as if I would care about a damn phone!

LMFAO wtf!!! I certainly know that after a strokes gig I wouldn't be caring about a phone! haha people don't understand :rolleyes: I told Erica that I touched Julian and she was all "did you get his autograph, though?" Like that matters. Stupid. I hate autographs, touching him was much better :smug: But she's so.... meh.

I don't talk about the Kooks to her at all. Don't want to encourage that behavior ;) haha so when they tour I shall hide the tour dates from her! oh yes :smug:

:lol: I can't even tell how much better I feel now knowing I'm not the only weird one! It's not being selfish, or maybe it is but only with some things :laugh3: I think I know what bothers to me though. When she stopped at this video on my ipod, I got all excited and started talking like mad about them and giving all the facts etc. and all she could say was 'hey he's really really cute' :\ I was all :dozey: FANGIRL.

I tend to just switch subjects whenver she brings music up.

I was wondering why does Chris have fly by private jet to Palm Springs, 35 minutes from Las Vegas, on a Learjet 45. The Learjet 45 has a normal cruising speed of 846 kmph. Its fuel consumption at this speed is 579 litres/hour, which means it burns 0.68 litres of kerosene per kilometre(3).

The Airbus A321, a standard medium-haul commercial plane, travels at 853kmph and uses 3000 litres per hour, or 3.52 litres per kilometre(4). It seats around 189 people. Assuming that average occupancy is 70%, or 132, then every passenger is responsible for burning 0.027 litres per kilometre, or one 25th of Chris Martin’s consumption.

It’s probably fair to assume that he flies at least 100,000 miles (or ten return journeys averaging 10,000 miles each) in his private jet each year. If so - and even before taking the rest of his activities into account - he would be exceeding his fair share of carbon by 250 times. If we were to take the other climate changing effects of air travel into account, we would multiply this by 2.7 times.

Chris please think about all the harm you are doing to our skys and our world,

Thank you Conor Ryan a cold Coldplay fan

and stop driving big expensice BMW X5s These are one of the thirstiest 4×4s on the road. The US Environmental Protection Agency reveals that in cities they manage just 16 miles to the gallon.

you should be driving a new hybrid car whth little or no emisions you have the money to invest in one of them.

Just a thought.

Peace

Conor Ryan