✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

**The Kooks!**

frogbuttgirlie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... well I'm aweful on specifics, but they're all in their really early 20s (ok, seriously, since when is Hugh only a year older than me? that's hysterical)... And from Brighton.

So, names.

kookspari3.jpg

From left:

Hugh Harris//Lead Guitar..... Eiffel Tower//Prop.... Paul Garred//Drums..... Luke Pritchard//Vocals+guitar

And there used to be Max, on bass... but he's apparently left the band and is now being replaced. And I do not speak the name of the man who has replaced him :smug:

(plus I forgot his name................... oh my god LMFAO)

hope that helps ;)

Sorry 'bout that, Brighton, England ;)

hmmmm... dunno! I've never heard too many similiarities with Arctics music and the Kooks but then again, you're kind of right there! I don't hear many similarities with the Beatles and the Stones! ;) Only time will tell.... but that is a good comparison, yeah!

Well... for starters he looks like the dude from Fall Out Boy and people that look like that can't fucking be trusted :laugh3:

And it's a bit like when you break up with someone or you're trying to get over someone isn't it? You love/like the person but people keep telling you to get over it and move on, find someone new and it's fucking hard to take someone new into your life and heart when you already had someone amazing there...

That made sense to me okay lmao

Oh, and there's just to many fucking bands that change members these days...

Shut it guys!! HE ISNT PERMANENT!!!!!!! :bigcry: :bigcry:

Fuck. Yeah, pretty much I'll never accept you-know-who or get over Max :\

I wouldnt put the Arctics on the same category of The Kooks, but I guess since they are around similar ages and form part of the same generation well, comparisons are always at hand. Musically? no. But that's just me.

I've heard comparisons with Razorlight which is easier to identify I guess, but I just dont see it! Comparisons are just wrong pretty much :laugh4:

i do love the kooks. Listened to them ages ago but when they became really big I lost a bit of interest. But! shuffled right to them on my ipod the other morning and I'm back into the album! :0) It's just such a great album. Puts Arctic fuckin monkeys to shame!

I wouldnt put the Arctics on the same category of The Kooks, but I guess since they are around similar ages and form part of the same generation well, comparisons are always at hand. Musically? no. But that's just me.

I've heard comparisons with Razorlight which is easier to identify I guess, but I just dont see it! Comparisons are just wrong pretty much :laugh4:

My interpretation of the comparison was less between the bands and more with the dynamic of them, like the Beatles being compared to the Stones. They're totally different bands, but they're coming to fame in the same generation, same ages and basically the same musical category ;) I can really see that, to an extent obviously.

If they both achieve that fame and success, well, I hope that comparison rings true! :D

Now which band will still be touring when they're 90.... :thinking: :laugh4:

Now which band will still be touring when they're 90.... :thinking: :laugh4:

:laugh4: :laugh4: Seriously, they never quit do they?! Love em :heart:

I cant see Alex touring until that age, Johnny's behavior wouldnt allow him to live that long and Luke...well I dunno really. Only time will tell.

Lmfao. I couldnt describe Johnny's antics very well. Im word-challenged. Gimme a break, ok?!? I've only been speaking english for 5 years!

:uhoh:

But yeah, cant wait until they are considered "classic" or "oldies" :stunned:

God. We'll be so old then :wreck:

Sorry 'bout that, Brighton, England ;)

hmmmm... dunno! I've never heard too many similiarities with Arctics music and the Kooks but then again, you're kind of right there! I don't hear many similarities with the Beatles and the Stones! ;) Only time will tell.... but that is a good comparison, yeah!

Well i've been thinking :thinking: about my comparaison... but if both bands are english... rollings are americans am i righ? so may be arctic and kooks are more like pink floyd and beatles... may be... :idea:

LMFAO Bless you Red! :D lol Max is the way to go! :dance:

What's in that CD Tea? Woo about the mag too, would love to find a way of getting it :thinking:

There's loads of great music, obviously... I really really love

Koop - Koop Island Blues

Husky Rescue - Diamonds in the sky

Greenkeepers - Polo Club

Cansei De Ser Sexy - Alala

Henrik Schwarz - Imagintion limitation

Fionn Regan - Hunters map

etc. I always love the CD's that come with Clash, so much music I don't listen that's just amazing :D

And back to Kooks... Luke is really lovely in that NME interview from Benicassim :dance: