✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Stereophonics

AfterGlow

They are more like a bad Jam. The masters of the one song album, where all the songs sound the same.

And I was spot-on, all the songs by the Enemy sounded the same.

But the Phonics themselves were fantastic, one of the best bands I have seen live, so full of energy.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, it can't touch nothing on the first 2 albums

I also thought their first 2 albums are their best so far.

But the Phonics themselves were fantastic, one of the best bands I have seen live, so full of energy.

How is Kelly's arm? Didn't he injured his arm some time ago and said that he probably won't be able to play guitar for months? Well I guess he has recovered. Good for the band. :)

• 1 month later...
nice to see a stereophonics thread!

i´ve got only one CD of stereophonics (how many have they actually out??)

but i think i´m gonna go to thier next concert in hamburg in february!!

there is something about them i wanna see!

Theres 6 cd's so far and a live LP.

The best albums are Performance and Cocktails and Word gets around absolutely fantastic albums those 2. After that they got a bit worse studio wise and turned into a sometimes boring hard rock band.

I personally find their last 2 albums a bit dull but SLVO flows really well compared to Pull the Pin.

I wouldn't call Jeep or You Gotta Go There "Hard Rock", more soft acoustic rock.

I can remember of the gigs on the Jeep tour, and they were laid back events.

Those 2 albums I dont own, often regarded as the less good ones. So I cant say.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I've got JEEP and I think it's a great album!!

That's actually probably my least favorite of their albums. How was Pull the Pin?? It's the last one I need to get...

P.S. I hope the announcement is a good one and not just that there throwing together some compilation. Well I suppose that would be decent as well.

I still havent heard Pull The Pin which I figure I better get to, as Im seeing them live soon. I love JEEP, YGGTTCB is probably my least favorite and LSVO grew on me over time. Their earlier stuff is great tho. Kelly has such an amazing voice live. Sadly, this will be the first time im not seeing them with my ex. Him and I used to see them all the time together and always bonded us. Will be bittersweet, me thinks seeing it without him. (and for those wondering - im in nyc, and hes in dc so its not possible or id gladly see them with him again).

I'm pondering whether if I'm going to see them when they come to Chicago, I'd make a trip of it for that weekend but I don't know if it's going to work out...I might have to wait until they tour here again (which seems to be pretty often)...

I've got JEEP and I think it's a great album!!

I also think it's a great album, and a nice change after Word Gets Around and Performance & Cocktails.

The 'big' announcement on Monday could be about that deluxe edition of Word Gets Around which was supposed to be released last year but never got released for some reason

Or maybe a new album

But hopefully not a greatest hits