✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What Was The Last TV Show You Watched?

Yeah, I know it takes a while for the season to come out in other parts of the world, so good thing about the net right! ;)

Last show I watched Pushing Daisies

umm.. what kind of number in the episodes? in internet's until episode 3. one of us, one of them. :nice:

Ian Hislop Goes off the Rails

Ian Hislop brings his customary humour, analysis and wit to the notorious Beeching Report of 1963, which led to the closure of a third of the nation's railway lines and stations and forced tens of thousands of people into the car and onto the road.

Was author Dr Richard Beeching little more than Genghis Khan with a slide rule, ruthlessly hacking away at Britain's rail network in a misguided quest for profitability, or was he the fall guy for short-sighted government policies that favoured the car over the train?

Ian also investigates the fallout of Beeching's plan, discovering what was lost to the British landscape, communities and ways of life when the railway map shrank, and recalls the halcyon days of train travel, celebrated by John Betjeman.

Ian travels from Cornwall to the Scottish borders, meeting those responsible and those affected and questioning whether such brutal measures could be justified. Knowing what we know now, with trains far more energy efficient and environmentally sound than cars, perhaps Beeching's plan was the biggest folly of the 1960s?

But more importantly will Paul Merton take the piss out of Ian when Have I got news for you returns?