✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Top 5 LEAST fav Coldplay songs (B-sides included)

SoTaF

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how anyone can't like Moses or The One I Love, or I Bloom Blaum. I can't get enough of these:thinking:. But we're all different. It just bugs me when you mention Coldplay to a non-fan and the only thing they associate with them is Clocks, or The Scientist. :dozey::snore:

I'm a big Depeche Mode fan too; and when you tell people you're going to a show, they're like "Ooh, that's a blast from the past":annoyed: Like Just Can't Get Enough is their only song. Whatev!!!

A spell of rebel yell.

Lost+ ..I don't really like Jay-Z..I don't think he belongs on a Coldplay album.

Thats the only ones i don't like. I love most Coldplay songs. :nice:

*I don't get why people don't like Swallowed in the sea and moses, we never change.* :l

Wow...to every poster in this thread ever, DISAGREE. :p

No, but, what I don't like in a Coldplay song is when they have to cut the dramatic climax with a totally tacked on coda. They do it somewhat successfully in Fix You and Violet Hill, but some of the songs which I love otherwise, totally kill it for themselves in the end (in no order because I do like these songs A LOT)

1. A Message. Imagine if this song ended at "I love you pleeeeeease come home."

2. God Put a Smile Upon Your Face. Should have stopped after the epic guitar solo.

3. Glass of Water. No, we are not drinking glasses of water when we're done. Maybe I'm not clever enough to get that line...but that whole piano/guitar thing they do (especially live) is such a better ending.

4. X&Y. Should've ended after the oooooohhhh although I guess when they play it live, Chris does play some cool stuff on the piano.

5. The Hardest Part. That goofy instrumental fade out (on the album version) is kind of annoying. The solo version is much better about this since it just ends at "and that's the hardest part.."

Guest howyousawtheworld

WHY is The Hardest Part so disliked? I love it!

It really is one of those love or hate songs. The worst two songs on X&Y (and the only two songs that aren't good) are X&Y and Twisted Logic.

(Dis)honourable mentions - Loveless (which doesn't technically count as a Coldplay track, but still...), Only Superstition (it has grown on me somewhat, though), Clocks (overrated, IMO), Pour Me (eugghhh...), We Never Change, Death Will Never Conquer & You Only Live Twice.

Do you know where you can download Loveless?

1. A Spell A Rebel Yell - It's just annoying tbh...

2. The Hardest Part - They rhymed "part" with "part" :dozey: And it just sounds silly... However, when the song is played slower (like on LeftRightLeftRightLeft), it sounds great.

3. Lhuna - Just sounds bleh for me... I honestly disagree with any collaborations with other artists on a song with coldplay...

4. Lost!, Lost-, Lost@, Lost+ - This song just sounds horrible to me. I do like Lost? however, and I wish that had've made the album...

5. What If - Too whingey... :\

• 2 weeks later...

Well sometimes I can't listen any Coldplay songs, sometimes I'm amazed how good this or that b-side I heard once in the past and disliked. So it's totally about your mood at the moment. But you have those you don't like more than others.

In no particular order:

Fix You

Politic

Yellow

Violet Hill

Viva La Vida

Well sometimes I can't listen any Coldplay songs, sometimes I'm amazed how good this or that b-side I heard once in the past and disliked. So it's totally about your mood at the moment. But you have those you don't like more than others.

In no particular order:

Fix You

Politic

Yellow

Violet Hill

Viva La Vida

W. T. F. :shocked2:

• 1 month later...
pour me

a whisper

easy to please

only superstition

borthers and sisters (single version )

in no particular order

although i think pour me is my least favorite one of all time :thinking:

All the "old" b-sides are like forgotten treasure. Shame on you if you chose some of them

• 3 weeks later...

Hrmm . . .

5. Such A Rush--puts me to sleep, although I can see what Coldplay was trying to get across

4. Lhuna--em, no. Chris sounds really weird in this one, although the melody is pretty cool

3. Lost! Lost@ Lost+ etc.--the lyrics are pretty good, but the beat just makes me think it's another generic pop song

2. Green Eyes--they could've added something more to this and made it better, but meh

1. High Speed--just sounds weird to me for some reason

Honorable mentions: The Hardest Part, X&Y, Where's My Boy

Other than that, I pretty much love every Coldplay song :D