✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris and Jonny

amsterdam

I found a vid Min :D

"Handsome and talented best friend" :nice:

I can see myself in the crowd :laugh3:

:love:

Well it was written before he even met her so is bulls**t either way. :rolleyes:

Sometimes he seems happy to admit it's about Jonny and sometimes he isn't. It was completely off the setlist back in 2003 because, and I quote, "it's written about the wrong person"

I think 'the wrong person' he mentions is his ex-gf :thinking: And that it would have been awkward to be singing a song about that girl when he was seeing his wife.

But anyway, we know it's Jonny that has stuck with him since his Uni days and known him for longer and is his best friend :heart:

I think 'the wrong person' he mentions is his ex-gf :thinking: And that it would have been awkward to be singing a song about that girl when he was seeing his wife.

But anyway, we know it's Jonny that has stuck with him since his Uni days and known him for longer and is his best friend :heart:

I've always thought this mysterious "girl from America" he used to lump in was just a bit of a red herring so he didn't have to admit the song was completely about Jonny.

He's only mentioned it being about her once or twice and it was in the vaguest terms.

"Oh yeah she had Green Eyes and her name was....er...." *looks around desperately, spots chocolate wrapper* "...Cadbury" :uhoh:

:P

As usual I was too short to see what happened on the ramp of love :embarassed:

We need to get you some high-quality, 5-inch HO SHOES! :dance:

I found a vid Min :D

"Handsome and talented best friend" :nice:

Uh, Min? Jonny was dancing really hard during this song. When he was on the main stage. I've noticed that he does that when he sees Jonnygirls in the audience. I think he was rocking out for you Min.

They've known each other for what, 12 years? :heart:

Chris said 15 to a fan according to her blog a few days ago. :love:

I've always thought this mysterious "girl from America" he used to lump in was just a bit of a red herring so he didn't have to admit the song was completely about Jonny.

He's only mentioned it being about her once or twice and it was in the vaguest terms.

"Oh yeah she had Green Eyes and her name was....er...." *looks around desperately, spots chocolate wrapper* "...Cadbury" :uhoh:

BWAHAHHAHAHAAA!

Yeah it does seem like more of an imaginary person he's talking about.:inquisitive:

And he's said before it's easier to just say you wrote a love song for some girl rather than for your guitarist best friend...who happens to have amazing green eyes:D

Yeah it does seem like more of an imaginary person he's talking about.:inquisitive:

And he's said before it's easier to just say you wrote a love song for some girl rather than for your guitarist best friend...who happens to have amazing green eyes:D

Yes! You're right. At the MuscMusic Toronto gig he said it was easier to say it's about a girl than his guitarist :D

We need to get you some high-quality, 5-inch HO SHOES! :dance:

:lol:

Or I just need to grow taller :P

Uh, Min? Jonny was dancing really hard during this song. When he was on the main stage. I've noticed that he does that when he sees Jonnygirls in the audience. I think he was rocking out for you Min.

I hope so!!!!!!! :wacky:

Yes! You're right. At the MuscMusic Toronto gig he said it was easier to say it's about a girl than his guitarist :D

So there we have it, it's about Jonny :P

I love where you guys are going with this theory hehe And yes Johnny has amazing green eyes!

That's the truth :smug::dance::heart:

Interviewer 1: Chris, what's Green Eyes about?

Chris: My late cat...she had green eyes.

Interviewer 2: So what's Green Eyes about?

Chris: Um...my first girlfriend...um, Sasha...Jones.

Interviewer 3: And what about Green Eyes?

Chris: I wrote it for my godmother when I was 16.

Interviewer 4: And Green Eyes?

Chris: World peace and fair trade...the green stands for the earth! :D

Interviewer 5: And Green Eyes is about Jonathan, correct?

Chris: Yes. Wait, what? I mean...uh...:uhoh2:

Interviewer 1: Chris, what's Green Eyes about?

Chris: My late cat...she had green eyes.

Interviewer 2: So what's Green Eyes about?

Chris: Um...my first girlfriend...um, Sasha...Jones.

Interviewer 3: And what about Green Eyes?

Chris: I wrote it for my godmother when I was 16.

Interviewer 4: And Green Eyes?

Chris: World peace and fair trade...the green stands for the earth! :D

Interviewer 5: And Green Eyes is about Jonathan, correct?

Chris: Yes. Wait, what? I mean...uh...:uhoh2:

:lol:

Exactly

Yes! See? That's how you know he is fibbing about it...too many different stories all to cover up the fact that he is in love with his best friend.:smug:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww:heart:

Yes! See? That's how you know he is fibbing about it...too many different stories all to cover up the fact that he is in love with his best friend.:smug:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww:heart:

I know Chris loves Jonny and vice versa, but I still can't see them the way you do. :shame: Whenever I try to see them 'in love', my mind just...can't connect the wires. :P

I do believe Green Eyes is about Jonny, though. Chris would totally write a song about him. :rolleyes: Wouldn't you, Chris?

I know Chris loves Jonny and vice versa, but I still can't see them the way you do. :shame: Whenever I try to see them 'in love', my mind just...can't connect the wires. :P

I do believe Green Eyes is about Jonny, though. Chris would totally write a song about him. :rolleyes: Wouldn't you, Chris?

You've just not seen enough evidence yet.;) But you're here in the thread so you must be open to it:D Stick around...you may change your mind yet.

So there we have it, it's about Jonny :P

Well and we have the Oracle, of course!

Green Eyes was written about an "American friend" yes but also about Jonny.

Hope you guys don't mind that I crossed out the unimportant and/or incorrect part of that sentence :P