🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Whats gunna happen to this place once LP4 comes out?

winigwl

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yummy! I'd eat one right now! :D

Do the British eat American or European pancakes? :shy:

they're lovely indeed.

erm european i'd say even though it's kinda weird.

a pancake here is just egg, flour, milk and salt/ sugar. so it's what other european countries [or the swiss anyway] call an omelette. it's kinda similar to crepes but crepes are thinner.

an omelette here is just egg, you might add a little bit of milk.

i think american pancakes are thicker and they're always sweet (?)

what's the difference? are european pancakes like crepes? thinner' date=' etc?[/quote']

pancakes.jpg

american pancakes. always sweet. usually with maple syrup.

do they not have these in britain/europe?!

there is a difference. American pancakes are those thick ones that you posted, Slovene (I'll speak for my case) are the thin ones which look like this: 33.jpg

and they're like crepes i guess.

for me, omelette consists of the same ingredients as pancakes, but also vegetables, meat etc. but we rarely eat them. And they're salty, not sweet as pancakes are. :)

there is a difference. American pancakes are those thick ones that you posted, Slovene (I'll speak for my case) are the thin ones which look like this: 33.jpg

and they're like crepes i guess.

for me, omelette consists of the same ingredients as pancakes, but also vegetables, meat etc. but we rarely eat them. And they're salty, not sweet as pancakes are. :)

ahh. we call those sorts of pancakes crepes, but they're like really really thin. they're generally stuffed with stuff, like fruit or cheese or nutella (my favorite!). and they're not that common, really, unless you've got to give a presentation on french food for your high school french class and your mom happens to have a crepe maker. i wouldn't even know what they were if not for middle and high school french classes :P

omlettes are always made with eggs here. interesting that they're different in europe!

ahh. we call those sorts of pancakes crepes' date=' but they're like really [i']really [/i]thin. they're generally stuffed with stuff, like fruit or cheese or nutella (my favorite!). and they're not that common, really, unless you've got to give a presentation on french food for your high school french class and your mom happens to have a crepe maker. i wouldn't even know what they were if not for middle and high school french classes :P

omlettes are always made with eggs here. interesting that they're different in europe!

hahah :D we make them with milk, eggs, flour, sugar and some mineral water. And then we usually fill them with marmelade or Nutella (my favourite as well! :D). They're delicious! :D

^haha! that sounds HILARIOUS. "motion picture crumpet." "crumpet crumpet." "crumpets down." "no crumpets." "crumpetsnatchers." "fake plastic crumpets."

"planet crumpets."

(oh, i'm having too much fun with this...)

i just find the word "crumpets" to be freaking hysterical too, much like the word "muffins" (see the "holy muffins!" thread). and of course, today i ate a crumpet/english muffin for breakfast instead of my regular bagel simply because of this thread. it was amazing.

^haha! that sounds HILARIOUS. "motion picture crumpet." "crumpet crumpet." "crumpets down." "no crumpets." "crumpetsnatchers." "fake plastic crumpets."

"planet crumpets."

i just find the word "crumpets" to be freaking hysterical too, much like the word "muffins" (see the "holy muffins!" thread). and of course, today i ate a crumpet/english muffin for breakfast instead of my regular bagel simply because of this thread. it was amazing.

Haha, best thing ever. Crumpetsnatchers? Fricking hilarious. Crumpet Falling Into Place, Weird Crumpets and Paranoid Crumpets are good ones as well :lol: Not to mention Crumpet At The Door. Oh dear me.

"planet crumpets."

Haha' date=' best thing ever. Crumpetsnatchers? Fricking hilarious. Crumpet Falling Into Place, Weird Crumpets and Paranoid Crumpets are good ones as well :lol: Not to mention Crumpet At The Door. Oh dear me.[/quote']

Once you start, you cannot end :wacko: And the best one we (me and that guy) made up was Winter Crumpetland. I was instantly proclaimed as his fav person :laugh4: *proud* I'll search for that page on atease hahah. :laugh4:

And now I'm listening to The National Crumpet. LIVE!

And remember, Meeting Crumpets is Easy. :sneaky:

Chelsea, Now I'll kinda steal your joke and I'll be saying Holy Crumpet from now on :P

why are all the threads i post in most this week having to do with food?!

currently listening to "crumpet police" myself

AHAHAHA, crumpet police!

Hahaha!

Classic.

I havn't listened to Hail To The Crumpet all the way through for a while though. May give that a listen soon.

Sorry for replying so late, I didn't see you posted. :(

Well, I doubt it originates in Norway, it's just that Nora is a character in one of Ibsen's books, and your name reminds me of it. :)

no problem Nina :)

oh, funny that I thought my name is from the Norway too....:lol:

anyway, nice to meet you....:)