🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Viva La Vida Interivew

cephaus

Coldplay's new album preview interview @ Rollingstone.com!

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/19830818/page/35

There are no preview tracks though, just Chris discussing about the album.. here's the except from the article:

'Coldplay Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends 6/17

19963898-19963907-medium.jpg

For their fourth album, Coldplay enlisted producer Brian Eno to broaden their palette beyond the piano-heavy anthems the band is best known for: "Strawberry Swing" includes Afro-pop guitars, "42" is a three-part epic built on glitchy loops and "Yes!" mixes Middle Eastern percussion with Chris Martin's newfound deep-register vocals. "It's impossible to please everybody, and it took us a while to learn that," says Martin, adding that he credits Eno, who has made records with U2 and the Talking Heads, with helping the band leave its comfort zone. "You have to stop caring about what you're known for," says Martin. "So even if it's shit, at least it's brave." '

There is an audio interview on the page as well, so check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkWJCMGuIv4

Guest Grace

"a lot more to steal from than you realised."

it's so weird to actually hear them talking about it.

it felt like it's just a rumour that they're going to release something until now.

:smiley:

"a lot more to steal from than you realised."

it's so weird to actually hear them talking about it.

it felt like it's just a rumour that they're going to release something until now.

:smiley:

i know exactly what you mean. actually hearing chris talk about it rather than just reading it makes it seem so much more real.

matoran: i'd be interested in a more normal-sounding interview if you would, just to see if perhaps it was slowed down. he just sounds so...different. and the interviewer sounds low as well. if you could manage sometime, it would be interesting to compare.

Chris discusses effect of his singing of low on his voice teacher:

well i don't think that this is something special to make a very great big thing about it,or to gaze about like amazed.

no because Low is my favorite track on X&Y album and i like really some lines lyrically which i think the best in some disappointed times, and it really gives you some hope, it has an astounding effect as they think as it has on their voice teacher not only she , that has on me too, i bet every other person has too, for such a beautiful song it is.:rolleyes:

i don't understand in making any big deal about it.(i am not at all jealous Chris!:P)

well this continues to heighten my anticipation for this album. I'm sure he low registers will be very refreshing. and it does look like this next album with certaintly be colorful. Kind of annoying actually, hearing about all these radio guys hearing the album before us.

well this continues to heighten my anticipation for this album. I'm sure he low registers will be very refreshing. and it does look like this next album with certaintly be colorful. Kind of annoying actually, hearing about all these radio guys hearing the album before us.

Yeah I know, i mean at first it was OK for me because I thought we were going to hear some Coldplay soon. But I was wrong and its taking ages. Really annoying. They could b at their offices debating about how good/crap it is. Aaaarrrrgggh!!:angry:

1'Yeah, I really liked Life in technicolour'

2'Really, i hated that song'

1'What about the song 42'

2'Bit boring to me but I cant belive how they end the song though. So masterful'

1'Yeah Coldplay fans will love it'

2'They havent heared it have they, hahah shame on them theyve been waiting so long.

1'And we didnt even know they were making an album until yesterday and weve heared it!!'

2' Hahahhahah

1'Hahahaahahh