✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Violet Hill Is Poor

Choldplayer

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But by that same token you can't just dismiss a song as 'poor'. I personally think it is much better when compared to their other releases, so it's all a matter of opinion and it would be great if people could just give Violet Hill a chance without having a bitchfest about how they've changed - they've already warned you about that months ago, so you can't really complain. And nobody's asking you to kiss their arses, you could always just not listen to it and save the bitching for somewhere where the majority of people don't like the song.

This is not a bitchfest.

I am simply giving my opinion. Is that not what we're here to do?

Just because the majority think Violet Hill is good does not mean the minority have to follow suit. Perhaps those who do not like the fact there are Coldplay fans who dislike Violet Hill should not post in this type of thread.

Befoooore you even post here:

Take into consideration Coldplay gave us this song for FREE. They could have as easily released it as a physical release only and made us pay. Be thankful for their generousity at least. Sheesh.

"It's not like the old Coldplay!!!" No shit sherlock, they said they were taking a different approach.

"It's too mainsteam!!1" says the one who adores X&Y despite it's lead single being commercial as HELL

You're all being completely irrational and letting yourselves down by NOT LISTENING to the things said about the album by members of the band themselves. I mean, seriously. :rolleyes:

I agree with this whole sentiment. BTW, awesome songs on your myspace, bro. You sound like a more honest version of John Mayer or Jack Johnson. I'd spend money on it.

Thanks for the myspace comment, I really appreciate it!

Coldplay are not indie, and they never have been. If they ever will be, then this is a step in the right direction.

Parachutes, AROBTTH and X&Y were not indie.

They are pop albums, reaching into VERY soft pop-rock at its outer limits, and anyone who thinks they are indie is deluding themselves beyond all measure. Coldplay are incredible, but they are a pop band.

Coldplay are not indie, and they never have been. If they ever will be, then this is a step in the right direction.

Parachutes, AROBTTH and X&Y were not indie.

They are pop albums, reaching into VERY soft pop-rock at its outer limits, and anyone who thinks they are indie is deluding themselves beyond all measure. Coldplay are incredible, but they are a pop band.

Categorization of music is irrelevant. Coldplay are whatever you want them to be. Being "indie" is almost the equivalent in rock circles of being "gangsta" in the hip hop community. You've got to prove how many bullet holes you've got in your Rolls before anybody takes you seriously. It's pitiful.

What happened to brill soaring choruses like In My Place and Yellow?!?!?!? :-(

You know,the small piano bit at the end is the best bit .

I agree about the last bit - it reminds me of "See You Soon" - my all time favourite Coldplay track. But if all their songs sounded like In My Place and Yellow... would that really be a good thing... confused-smiley-003.gif