✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

It's OK to like Coldplay -

the_escapist

Chris Martin has to be the funniest guy on earth!

Chris Martin thinks Coldplay's new album can stop bullying.

The musician has tried to make the band's upcoming LP, 'Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends', "cool" so teenagers won't be afraid to admit they like their music.

He told Britain's BBC Radio 1: "When making this record we were incredibly hungry to prove why people have heard of us and I also wanted it to be OK for a 16-year-old to say they like Coldplay in the playground.

"Hopefully, with this record, they won't be teased so much - that's basically the motivation. I just want it to be OK to like Coldplay."

(http://www.monstersandcritics.com/music/news/article_1402660.php)

I saw that on you-tube. I found it hilarious, and it's also kind of encouraging because, like in toronto, Chris does recognise the shit we can get for being coldplay fans. Because he said that I think it's going to be a "cooler" album with out any more fix you's.

I wish the Chris wouldn't think so hard about this kind of stuff. More people should be proud of the fact they like certain bands... all my friends know I like Coldplay and I think they respect me for it. Usually when I admit they're one of my top bands, other people open up and admit it, too!

Plus it's not like I blast Clocks and Yellow in my car at 135 db with the windows rolled down. I'm aware not everyone likes them, unlike fans of the Wu Tang Clan or whatever.

we've not just heard the entire album yet.

the only thing here is this is a message board and public and gives freeness to every one to state their opinions.

but there are always some people who really cause trouble,because there are even worst things in the world along with good.

they'll use the freeness to destroy everything that comes their way.

and especially the public forums like these.

They don't even think about other people.

i think as what the other rules in the world in every field like in concerts or shows or celebrities not everyone are allowed all the times to touch them in everyplace,like paparazzi rules for taking pictures or what ever like in politics for elections or what ever.........

we must also have some rules in the forums too to discuss about some topics only.

People also respect the fact I LOVE COLDPLAY, although they may think it's a little gay!

But you know what! I don't care!

Coldplay is the best band on the world and I'm not embarrased telling people I get very excited when I hear their music!

Anyhow, it's a nice thing Chris thought about Coldplay fans being molested However, I wouldn't complain if the new album has 7 more songs like "Fix You" - because that is the best song ever!

Cheers!

i don't get always they're loving coldplay as great music and again they're going on with their lovers and families again in their personal life.

i didn't understand what's gay unless and until our families have to complain about it.

when they understand that we're just listening to music then there is no point of being gay.:rolleyes:

People also respect the fact I LOVE COLDPLAY, although they may think it's a little gay!

But you know what! I don't care!

Coldplay is the best band on the world and I'm not embarrased telling people I get very excited when I hear their music!

Anyhow, it's a nice thing Chris thought about Coldplay fans being molested However, I wouldn't complain if the new album has 7 more songs like "Fix You" - because that is the best song ever!

Cheers!

Amen to that!

(No Violet Hill religious puns intended!)

Things are obviously getting pretty out-of-hand if band members know their fans get given a hard time for liking their band. How screwed up is the world when people can't respect the music tastes of others?

It's certainly something that reaches every corner of the world. I live in New Zealand and I still remember telling the now ex-editor of the university student magazine - a guy so full of his "cool" reputation he fairly stunk with it - that Coldplay is my FAVOURITE band. His reaction would have been tantamount to me saying that I believe the world is flat.

I, of course, defended my taste and turned my nose up at him and his patronisation, and (very politely) told him where to stick his petty objections. But not everybody would be able to do that. Not everybody would be able to wear a Coldplay t-shirt to school (for reasons other than the school requirement of a uniform) or talk about their musical true loves. This is exceedingly sad. Sometimes it's hard to remember that we live in a beautiful world ...

I think it's lovely of Chris to come out and say something like that, acknowledge that he knows how hard it can be for some of us. It proves that he cares and wants to make things easier for us. He's a great guy, Chris, and I'm proud to be a fan of this wonderful, splendiferous, super-talented band. If others can't understand their magic, they must be blind, deaf and dumb, but at least most Coldplay fans are likely sensible enough to realise that others may not like or even respect it, unlike certain other fans we may know ...

I do hope that some day every Coldplay fan will be able to stand up for their favourite band without fear of repercussion. Perhaps that day is dawning with the release of "Viva La Vida", as Chris suggests?

Things are obviously getting pretty out-of-hand if band members know their fans get given a hard time for liking their band. How screwed up is the world when people can't respect the music tastes of others?

It's certainly something that reaches every corner of the world. I live in New Zealand and I still remember telling the now ex-editor of the university student magazine - a guy so full of his "cool" reputation he fairly stunk with it - that Coldplay is my FAVOURITE band. His reaction would have been tantamount to me saying that I believe the world is flat.

I, of course, defended my taste and turned my nose up at him and his patronisation, and (very politely) told him where to stick his petty objections. But not everybody would be able to do that. Not everybody would be able to wear a Coldplay t-shirt to school (for reasons other than the school requirement of a uniform) or talk about their musical true loves. This is exceedingly sad. Sometimes it's hard to remember that we live in a beautiful world ...

I think it's lovely of Chris to come out and say something like that, acknowledge that he knows how hard it can be for some of us. It proves that he cares and wants to make things easier for us. He's a great guy, Chris, and I'm proud to be a fan of this wonderful, splendiferous, super-talented band. If others can't understand their magic, they must be blind, deaf and dumb, but at least most Coldplay fans are likely sensible enough to realise that others may not like or even respect it, unlike certain other fans we may know ...

I do hope that some day every Coldplay fan will be able to stand up for their favourite band without fear of repercussion. Perhaps that day is dawning with the release of "Viva La Vida", as Chris suggests?

Quoted for truth

Yet somehow I meet this thread with a simple "k?"

do really people is bullied for liking Coldplay? :thinking:

well my friends yet try to 'joke' about the fact that i like them (stupid thing if they would realise that they had also listened to them 'accidenteally' and they had liked the songs.. :dozey:)... but as i don't mind those kind of stupid comments there's not a problem here.

and indeed chris is so funny :laugh2:

i live in a valley ..well in southern texas at the border between the us and mexico

and down here nobody likes coldplay everybody is into hiip hop and reggeton.

at school i am known as "Coldplay"..the weird thing is that i am a 16 year old just like Chris Martin was explaining..and what i love is that im hispanic and i love th e title to the new album Viva La Vida..just brilliant..

but yea i get teased about it..the day violet hill came out i told everybody at school and i had it on my ipod so i hooked it up on the speakers so everybody could hear it..some were impressed with coldplays new sound other didn't give a F**** like always :///

Something that I've never understood was those people who's always teasing you because you like Coldplay. I mean, it's pretty difficult for the ones who like them very much get this ''negative'' perspection others may have about the band. I really don't get it. There are tastes and tastes, so where's respect? I'm totally proud to be a Coldplay fan, my day even gets brighter when I wear a Coldplay t-shirt.

As Saffire said, I wish Coldplay didn't think too much about that either. If they wanna come out with a hundred fix you's, let it be, that would fit for us. Because, actually, none of us, fans, are going to change our love by them if someone come to us and say something bad about the band.

there is no such problem where i live .n even in my class ppl like coldplay alot. specially yellow n the scientist:D

even though ppl here in Delhi are more hip-hop fans, those who like rock also like coldplay.

a few of my friends love yellow.:)

I think part of Coldplay's problem is they're sort of "upper middle class" music. People who work on Wall Street and lawyers like the stuff.

I don't care if their music is considered popular or not. I'll listen to it as long as it's good. And other people can continue listening to their Mariah Carey or whatever else I can't stand.

One thing is true though: if you like Coldplay and you admit it to girls, you're instantly a more interesting person to them. They associate Coldplay with sensitivity (at least the quality girls do).

One thing is true though: if you like Coldplay and you admit it to girls, you're instantly a more interesting person to them. They associate Coldplay with sensitivity (at least the quality girls do).

hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :cool: