✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

'A Spell A Rebel Yell' opinion by Washington Post

coldpatrix

Coldplay: "A Spell a Rebel Yell" At this point, Coldplay is probably as sick of itself as everybody else is, which explains why this track from the band's upcoming disc sounds more like an "Unforgettable Fire" outtake sung by shoegazers than a Coldplay song. That, and the fact that it was produced by Brian Eno.

http://www.washingtonpost.com:80/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/12/AR2008051202778_pf.html

Coldplay: "A Spell a Rebel Yell" At this point, Coldplay is probably as sick of itself as everybody else is, which explains why this track from the band's upcoming disc sounds more like an "Unforgettable Fire" outtake sung by shoegazers than a Coldplay song. That, and the fact that it was produced by Brian Eno.

http://www.washingtonpost.com:80/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/12/AR2008051202778_pf.html

shit pickle its a b-side lol why they didnt took viva la vida per example.........

Here's my review of the Washington Post:

The Washington Post is a typical NYT-wannabe paper that tries to straddle the fence by having a stronger political reporting team, but in typical DC fashion it completely skirts any serious effort at having a decent business page. The editorial board is weak, but not as bad as the NYT. In an effort to remain above-brow and keep circulation up (a feat no strategy employed by the paper thus far has achieved) they are currently taking to bashing the popular band Coldplay's obscure B-side tracks that very few people (other than diehard Coldplay fans and subscribers to NME with turntables) have ever heard.

The Washington Post is a typical NYT-wannabe paper that tries to straddle the fence by having a stronger political reporting team, but in typical DC fashion it completely skirts any serious effort at having a decent business page. The editorial board is weak, but not as bad as the NYT. In an effort to remain above-brow and keep circulation up (a feat no strategy employed by the paper thus far has achieved) they are currently taking to bashing the popular band Coldplay's obscure B-side tracks that very few people (other than diehard Coldplay fans and subscribers to NME with turntables) have ever heard.

Nice!

even when X&Y released some of these news papers attempted to write some damn things about coldplay.

even that time also i remembered reading this news paper.

but what at the end how many people loved it or not

but i liked X&Y that's all.

no other discussion.

Well said, NYT and WP are both terribly run.