✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

02-Aug-08: Hartford - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 03-Jul]

"ok. sorry"

I didn't mean my reply to be rude or harsh, but I can see (now) how it kind of does read that way. If I offended you, I apologize.:)

None taken. I actually didnt mean to put a :thinking:, maybe more of a ;) would have been appropriate. Youre completely entitled to your own opinion and I respect that.

*sigh*

Why can't there be more civilized people like us in the world?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does any one have the video for hardest part completely from this show?

+1

I recorded the beginning of Death and All His Friends audio, but the rest of the concert I was paying all the attention to the band, not thinking the recording would be very good, but it turns out it was :( so now i'm kicking myself for not getting any other songs, especially that freakign awesome hardest part!

does anyone have audio or video ?

BusyBeeBurns:

Your post is somewhat pathetic, especially where you tell fans who express less-than-positive opinions about the current tour to "stay home." You're basically telling people not to have an opinion. (Or maybe in your world, you would permit us to have an opinion, but just not to express it out loud.) What's wrong with expressing disappointment about a band's song selection, show length, or encore?

And what's up with "coldplaying.com" featuring this particular blog on its homepage, but not others? I always assumed that fans were free to express their likes and dislikes on this website. (I'm assuming that's why it's called a "forum.") After all, music is all about the expression of ideas, likes, and dislikes. Why would/should a fan website not encourage that same expression?

I think you're confused, that's not my blog entry as you can see from the source, and therefore I am not telling people to stay at home. If that happened, you'd have no reviews to read at all ;) And as you can see from the homepage, the blog is in italics, my comments are in normal text. And thankyou for posting, I did summarise by asking for comments and yours is gratefully received :)

Does anyone have BOOTLEG from August 2, 2008 HArtford

Does anyone have BOOTLEG from August 2, 2008 HArtford?

Hi

I am looking for a copy of the show ... it was amazing and I would love to hear it again. Please email me if you have this show.

Thank you so much!

No Encore?

Hartford - great show. Could of used more 1st album songs but still all in all a good show. However I walked with away with a bad feeling. I'm a musician, i know what its like to perform for people, whats expected, whats on the minds of the band, and how the audience can effect that, and also I'm a fan for thats what started my path in music.

NO ENCORE. This is unheard of. They turned the lights on before the curtain was done rolling up. What band doesn't give a packed house with tons of admiration for the band an encore on a Saturday Night? We can speculate it was due to money etc. If thats the case - wow. This band can't afford to go over 10min for an encore for people who buy there stuff and support them in whatever they do? Weak Sauce.

THE BANTER. At one point Chris cut a song short and said i hope we know enough hits for you guys. If he wasn't getting the reception he expected then no biggie, make the next song that much better. Don't insult the audience saying they are not hardcore fans who know every second of material they wrote. Who cares if they don't know the song, they are still listening. They undermines the respect that is established at a rock concert. Plus these guys aren't really rocking it hard so I don't know what kind of reaction Chris really wants.

Then he went on about Justin Timberlake which seemed lighthearted but i couldn't really tell. then he joked about Coldplay having the best reception a french band could ever have or freedom band - whatever we call it now. Old news, not everyone in US thinks that, way to pigeonhole and stereotype. Also they did a blooper style montage of politicians dancing, Bill O'Reilly clip, lots of Bush, and vairous other stuff. I'm no Bush fan but I don't want a English band making fun of America on American soil. We don't have a perfect system, and through American's apathy this is why our government is so messed up for it doesn't represent all the peoples sentiments anymore. if we took politics more seriously Coldplay wouldn't have idiotic figures to make fun of - but I digress.

Then he said they are the best band in the world, and 9th in England. Is that saying England bands are generally better than bands in the world? Its a interesting debate but great argument on the basis that the band plays a encore like a real rock band. Kenny G plays encores for crying out loud.

I just saw the police - double encore. radiohead - double encore. pearl jam - plays way over curfew and pays fees because of it - but they love playing music and entertaining people. the list goes on of bands that are humble about their privileged lifestyle playing music and with their extreme wealth they give back to the fans the one moment when it counts - on stage!

Great light show, the songs i knew were performed well, great sound, stage antics and gimmicks were good (although Chris's moves get tired by the end of the show) - I had an enjoyable time up until the end. Their music has rock in it, but not enough to constitute no encore.

Anyone who read this - thanks.

peace

i didn't do the presale this morning because i won't be in the country on july 3. i can't tell you how much it pains me to be missing this :bigcry:

this is why i'm so hoping to see them at MSG--it's really my only chance to see them this summer, outside of the today show.

i just noticed that they're doing the XL center (this is the new name for the civic center, yeah?) rather than the meadows (or the dodge center) like they did the last time.

i can't believe i'm not going :bigcry:

ApproximatelyInfinite posted this in like June. Wow...that sucks considering the concert was moved to August 2nd.

• 2 months later...

Sorry if I am repeating what others have said, because I have not read every reply on this topic :) I was at the Hartford concert and was lucky enough to sit in the front row. Dead center with my best friend. We won tickets from a local radio station and when the Capitol Records label representative gave them to us, she mentioned that Chris had a sore throat. For those disappointed with the lack of encore and "short" set list at Hartford, please keep in mind that Chris wasn't feeling well and still delivered a kick-ass show. I don't understand why people were so upset-Coldplay was awesome and I enjoyed every minute of it. It was an hour and a half of nothing but pure energy from the band and although I'm sure we all wished they could have performed all night, they performed a spectacular show in an hour and a half. Seriously, the best night of my life. I saw them again in East Rutherford yesterday and they did perform an encore and the show was a bit longer, but I am still not disappointed at all with the Hartford performance. I would relive it in a moment if I could!!!