✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

02-Aug-08: Hartford - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 03-Jul]

Santogold was fine, her dancers ruined the whole set. Everyone just knocked on them. I think I saw Santogold outside her bus after the show, but no one even walked up to her.

i agree. i think half of the reason i didn't like her was her idiotic dancers on the side. seriously i like couldn't even give her a chance because of them.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Santogold was fine, her dancers ruined the whole set. Everyone just knocked on them. I think I saw Santogold outside her bus after the show, but no one even walked up to her.

i agree. i think half of the reason i didn't like her was her idiotic dancers on the side. seriously i like couldn't even give her a chance because of them.

That video is so LOL, like during the Today when someone threw panties right at his hands. I wonder if Gwyneth was there if she would go bitchy like Faith Hill, when a fan grabbed Tim McGraw's junk. I couldn't invade someone's private space like that, a high five is enough. The most I would go for is an ass grab.

That video is so LOL, like during the Today when someone threw panties right at his hands. I wonder if Gwyneth was there if she would go bitchy like Faith Hill, when a fan grabbed Tim McGraw's junk. I couldn't invade someone's private space like that, a high five is enough. The most I would go for is an ass grab.

An 'ass grab' is just as bad an invasion as a grab and kiss...:(

i think my husband touched him during today show,but that's okay i tried to touch but he himself smiled at me in that show and looked and waved at me and that's why i feel great of myself.

but unlike this fan he doesn't have to scare of me and have to move away when trying to kiss him from there!

An 'ass grab' is just as bad an invasion as a grab and kiss...:(

Jk, I wouldn't do it. :laugh3: I think anything above the waist and below the neck would be okay. I think my sister touched his jacket during the MOD show in Toronto.

girl kissing Chris video in Hartford CT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAIK1yW0850

i think if i want to kiss him i'll wait for that not that i can't control myself even an inch!

i know if i see him my senses will not be in control.

but this girl is really shameless or intense:rolleyes: or i don't know what is the appropriately holded word there!

Wow, that takes a lot of guts! I could never do something like that! It'd be too weird.

^I told everyone that happened!:smug:

you said it yeah,but even Chris is not a person who is to be taken lightly you know,especially in such a moments he knows how he has to react.

he went of quickly without stopping there and that girl even though she tried,she failed at her feat.

Dissatisfied Coldplay fans gripped by sense of entitlement

41401461-thumb-380x252.jpg

The issue of fan entitlement has come up before, but people crabbing about Coldplay's performance last weekend in Hartford suggests it's time for a refresher.

Some Coldplay adherent are unhappy with just about everything the band did -- or didn't do -- at XL Center last Saturday night: The group didn't play long enough, no one apologized for changing the date of the show from July to August, they didn't finish playing the last 18 seconds of "Hardest Part," they charged too much, they didn't play a proper encore by some standards.

There's an easy solution to all of that: Stay home.

At home, you have total control. You can create your perfect set list on iTunes and listen to it wherever you go on your mp3 player and not pay $8 for a beer.

If you buy a concert ticket, though, you have to be willing to surrender control. It's caveat emptor: You pays your money and you takes your chances. Fans who buy concert tickets are not entitled to live renditions of their favorite songs. They're not entitled to 120 minutes of non-stop music. They're not entitled to encores, which have become an empty gesture anyway.

If you pay your money and come away disappointed, well, you are entitled to that -- everyone has a different idea of what makes for a great show. But if you often find yourself disappointed after a concert, why do you keep going to concerts?

http://blogs.courant.com/eric_danton_sound_check/2008/08/dissatisfied-coldplay-fans-gri.html

crabbing[/url] about Coldplay's performance last weekend in Hartford suggests it's time for a refresher.

Some Coldplay adherent are unhappy with just about everything the band did -- or didn't do -- at XL Center last Saturday night: The group didn't play long enough, no one apologized for changing the date of the show from July to August, they didn't finish playing the last 18 seconds of "Hardest Part," they charged too much, they didn't play a proper encore by some standards.

There's an easy solution to all of that: Stay home.

At home, you have total control. You can create your perfect set list on iTunes and listen to it wherever you go on your mp3 player and not pay $8 for a beer.

If you buy a concert ticket, though, you have to be willing to surrender control. It's caveat emptor: You pays your money and you takes your chances. Fans who buy concert tickets are not entitled to live renditions of their favorite songs. They're not entitled to 120 minutes of non-stop music. They're not entitled to encores, which have become an empty gesture anyway.

If you pay your money and come away disappointed, well, you are entitled to that -- everyone has a different idea of what makes for a great show. But if you often find yourself disappointed after a concert, why do you keep going to concerts?

http://blogs.courant.com/eric_danton_sound_check/2008/08/dissatisfied-coldplay-fans-gri.html

Whaaa???

People complain too much! The show was fantastic. I got the feeling most people enjoyed it but it seems like some didn't. Figures. :dozey:

The complainers are in the comments section of his initial review, link. I ain't complaining, most of the Coldplay concerts I've been to were 1 hr 30 mins so that was what I was expecting. Not that I didn't wish it was longer. Unless I went to a Springsteen concert that was only 90mins, I wouldn't complain. The people that started screaming "encore" when the house lights came on were the kids high on E that were sitting in front of me, wth do they know.

I was at the Hartford show, driving up from New York City for it, and my only complaint was that almost all of section 207 was SITTING during the show. One girl started standing from the beginning and she was yelling at fron those behind her. I admire the fact she did not sit down and enjoyed the show! I was torn between my desire to stand and dance and sing to the amazing show happening before me and not having to argue with the people behind me.

It's a rock show people! Next time, I am standing no matter what is happening behind me. You have a right to sit at a show obviously but please do not complain when someone stands like 95% of the arena is.

I was at the Hartford show, driving up from New York City for it, and my only complaint was that almost all of section 207 was SITTING during the show. One girl started standing from the beginning and she was yelling at fron those behind her. I admire the fact she did not sit down and enjoyed the show! I was torn between my desire to stand and dance and sing to the amazing show happening before me and not having to argue with the people behind me.

It's a rock show people! Next time, I am standing no matter what is happening behind me. You have a right to sit at a show obviously but please do not complain when someone stands like 95% of the arena is.

I encountered the same exact problem at the 7/23 show in Chicago. I had front row seats for Section 334, but I was absolutely shocked that the majority of the people surrounding me and my daughter were sitting down during MOST of the concert. A lot of the people up in that section were unfamiliar with the new songs from VLV ... they barely stood up for Yellow:embarassed: I wished I had powers to transport myself down to join the people who were dancing and having the time of their life on the main floor at that point of the show. When I went to sit down after Yellow, my seat was soaked in beer, as was my purse :veryangry2:

I'm paying too much money for a concert ticket to sit on my behind - I can do that at home if I want - but, I'm going to a concert to have an incredible experience. I brought my mom to a Paul McCartney concert a few years ago (she had last seen him when the Beatles played Comiskey Park in 1965 ... she passed out as they were leaving that show). Anyway, Paul starts playing "Band on the Run" or some old Wings' tune and I jumped up cause I'm super hyped and totally excited to have my mom there with me and this girl behind me starting complaining and I just told her "too bad - deal with". Other people around me chimed in and told her to relax.

i saw the washington d.c. show a few nights ago

i agree, the show was too short

also, the encore was horrible

why even call it an encore??? a few more songs would have really done the job

You GOT an encore? Consider yourselves lucky. Toronto, and a lot of other cities didn't. And I second the Hardest Part request since they didn't quite get through it in T.O. ;),lol.

My best friend was at the Hartford show, so it's almost like I was a part of it even though I didn't go. Thanks for all the reviews etc.!

You GOT an encore? Consider yourselves lucky. Toronto, and a lot of other cities didn't. And I second the Hardest Part request since they didn't quite get through it in T.O. ;),lol.

My best friend was at the Hartford show, so it's almost like I was a part of it even though I didn't go. Thanks for all the reviews etc.!

Hartford did not get an encore, they got the same setlist as Toronto and DC