✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

03-Nov-08: Detroit - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 05-Jul]

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The reason for the show being pushed back is quite vague.

"We're very sorry, but unfortunately Coldplay have had to move the dates of some of the previously-announced US shows. The band have experienced some production delays which mean that the show simply won't be ready for June 29. It's very frustrating but they promise you a show worthy of your patience and understanding when they start in mid-July. All tickets remain valid, but refunds will be available from the point of purchase if you're unable to make it to the new date. Click here to view the full revised routing."

Personally, if you ask me, they just weren't moving enough tickets. There seems to be quite a few tickets that remain to be sold. I could be wrong though. I admit, now that it was pushed back, I am more likely to go, seeing that it was pushed back three months.

Hey Marisa, I'm just curious and I hope I'm not being too nosy, but how are things going? Still attending school? I think I'm going to settle into a liberal arts degree of Urban Studies--not sure about grad school yet though, but that's down the road.

Also, could someone please give me some insight as to why they pushed the tour back or give me your opinion as to why. I gave mine in this thread and while I still like Coldplay, the price of tickets are a bit steep. I know a sentiment that was expressed by quite a few people in one thread upon release of ticket info was that they like Coldplay, but GEEZ--these tickets are a bit pricey.

EDIT: I see it says here it was pushed back because Chris twisted his knee, but then again Chris himself conflicts that, so something is up here.

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46986