✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

10-Aug-08: Tokyo - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From this blog: http://gaijinbedbug.blogspot.com/2008/08/wow-amazing-weekend-went-to-summer.html

Now, for the most amazing part of the night: Coldplay! I looooove Coldplay, and have for a good 5 years now. I've seen them before, in Toronto two years ago, and while it was a good show, I have to say that it wasn't amazing. Probably because I had the cheapest seats in the house, and went alone. Anyway, tonight, Peter and I were there and had a good spot. To try and explain; this was in a baseball stadium and we were on the floor. They'd divided the front half of the floor into L and R (we were in L) and into front and back. We were at the VERY back of the front section, so that we could lean over the fence that was behind us. We were really close to the audio tent as well. Running between the front and back and left and right were aisle ways where they had staff/security/the occasional band.

About 2/3s of the way through the set (which was 30 mins longer than it was supposed to be), The entire band jumped off stage, ran down those aisle ways, and ended up on a tiny stage we didn't know was there, RIGHT BESIDE US!!!! They were probably only about 10 people away. It was freaking amazing! And when they started playing The Scientist, my FAVORITE song in the entire world, I actually nearly started to cry. I was certainly on the verge of hyperventilation (this is the song that got me liking coldplay, but more importantly, was a big part of the soccer slideshow that maggie made us before we went to BCs. and won. anyone on that team will understand why the song is so amazing to me). Anyway, moving on...So they were SOOO close and it was sooo great!!! I was soo happy we'd lucked into that spot. And then, bonus, as they were running back to the stage, the bass guitarist gave me a high five! Cool!

Then, the next song (Clocks) was pretty great as they brought Alicia Keys out to play the piano, which was pretty great. Overall, they had a great set, but the last third, from basically the second small concert on was just amazing. I even got a piece of the confetti they blew out of the stage at the end (some shiny mylar butterflies).

We wrapped up the night with some cup noodle, in Peter's car, with the top down, parked outside the Messe, blasting Coldplay. Classic.

Next post will have (slightly not allowed to have been taken) pics and video.

:stunned:

dude she's liked them for 5 years and she calls him 'the bass gitarist' ?! :stunned:

now i sure ass hell deserve more than that!

must go stalking with chavi must go stalking with chavi!

anywayss that japanese thing was quite impressive.. and if Chris were to sing mooie ellebogen again I would be going more bazooka's but hey it's very neat of them to just be quiet and listen... after all you are there to here the mans voice...

I know! It must have been way cool.

I hope he took a video of it.

Although I did request him to take one of Jonny :P

GOOD GIRL!!!:D:D:D

she touched Guy's hand ! :stunned: :bigcry:

So did I. :sneaky: And it was totally on accident!:shocked2: When I was taking my sharpie back. Woops. Now why didn't I do that to Jonny?:wink3: Oh, that's right, I didn't want to freak him out!

You need to practice your fake falling Lori. Then next time, before you meet them place a large stone on the floor in front of you, then when Jonny walks over move forward and trip into his arms :sneaky:

"Oh I'm so sorry, I'm so clumsy"

:D

You need to practice your fake falling Lori. Then next time, before you meet them place a large stone on the floor in front of you, then when Jonny walks over move forward and trip into his arms :sneaky:

Hmmmmmmmmm, you are giving me ideas, not good. I think I would feel more comfortable if Mel just accidentally gives me a great big shove and I have no choice but to land on him:D It wouldn't be my fault!

On second thought, I may be wearing my ho shoes so I can be slightly less short and see him better. So I may fall for real. :D