✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Nov-08: Houston - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damnit :/ (Sorry about the "GoW!" before -- meant that to be a brain vibe thing over to Chris... you know, "Play Glass of Water!")

I was in attendance at the Houston, TX, Toyota Center concert earlier this week. And yes, they did not play 'Glass of Water' off their new EP. I am looking forward to hearing that one. I don't know if you were at the show or not, so here are a few things that did happen:

Coldplay played techno versions of 'Talk", and 'God Put a Smile ...) ...very innovative, different, unexpected, and just damn good.

The four members ran thru the audience, to almost the back of the venue, and played a four part, accoustic guitar version of 'The Scientist". They also played "Death will Never Conquer"...Will was just playing guitar and singing his heart out, when an bobbing, weaving, dancing, animated Chris Martin accidentally unplugged his guitar cord, stopping the song dead in it's tracks. They just sheepishly looked at one another like "WTF!?" Then, Chris warmly apologized to Wil, introducing him as 'the most talented member of the band', plugged his guitar back up for him, said "Sorry" to the crowd on hand, blew a harmonica lead in, and they all started playing right where they left off. Everybody was laughing and cheering at the same time. It was great! lol

I am sure by now you have seen or heard about the butterflies....damn, there were millions of them. The light show was great. The sound was great. The video feeds on the screen backdrop were excellent. But most off all, a group of great musicians played great music. It is an unlikely mix for 4 musicians to be that great, that talented, that young, and that humble. I spent 5 hours driving to Houston, spent mega bucks, I am now broke as hell, and I don't regret a second, or penny spent. I hope I get to seem them again soon.

Also, Chris played an accoutic version of "The Hardest Part" on the piano. They can all play every instrument on the stage when called upon to do so, it seems. I give the show a 9.7 on a scale of 10. I am docking them .3 for one reason and one reason only....They should have closed with "Fix You". But they, surprisingly, played it in the middle of the show. And I will admit it, at age 44, full grown man and all, that I went APESHIT!!! To see them play THAT song live...the power...it was almost overwhelming.

That's all for now...drop me a line sometime. Looking forward to hearing "Prospekt March".

And here's DWNC. Chris unplugging Will's guitar and you can see Hoppy having to plug it back in. Guy gets the major giggles, but they finish with flare. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MEVXHxl4YE

OH.MY.GAWD. that's the most squuuuuueeeeeeeee worthy vid ever! So so cute all of them laughing!!! (Guy just kills me, man) But you tortured me by focusing ONLY on Jonny while Will was singing!!!:veryangry2::stunned: Why do that to me?! :bigcry: But in the end got to see him singing while trying not to laugh and it was just beeeautifullllllll, so I forgive ya;):P Thankyou!!!