✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What made you happy today?

Carolyn Marie

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That we are all okay after a car accident.

But what an ending to a lovely stay in a summerhouse to celebrate my nephew's 29th birthday with good food and some games and red wine & cognac.

But on the way back a car in front of us stopped suddenly, but my niece managed to stop the car JUST in time - and we were relieved. In that second the car behind us drove into "our" car pushing "our" car into the car in front of us. :veryangry2:

We were shocked, and the car was damaged - not destroyed, but it clearly needs to be repaired.

And we were all a bit shocked, but relieved that we are all safe. I wish we could say the same for the car. And it is up to the insurance company of the car behind "our" car to pay for the damage done to in particular my nephew's car and to the car in front of us who had a few scratches. But my nephew's car is the one worst damaged with a coin-size hole in the rear / back and a headlight is damaged.

But glad that we are okay. :)

But what an ending to a lovely stay in a summerhouse to celebrate my nephew's 29th birthday with good food and some games and red wine & cognac.

But on the way back a car in front of us stopped suddenly, but my niece managed to stop the car JUST in time - and we were relieved. In that second the car behind us drove into "our" car pushing "our" car into the car in front of us. :veryangry2:

We were shocked, and the car was damaged - not destroyed, but it clearly needs to be repaired.

And we were all a bit shocked, but relieved that we are all safe. I wish we could say the same for the car. And it is up to the insurance company of the car behind "our" car to pay for the damage done to in particular my nephew's car and to the car in front of us who had a few scratches. But my nephew's car is the one worst damaged with a coin-size hole in the rear / back and a headlight is damaged.

Hi Nancy. Car accidents can be quite shocking and scary. I'm really glad that you didn't get hurt in that car accident though! <3

Hi Nancy. Car accidents can be quite shocking and scary. I'm really glad that you didn't get hurt in that car accident though! <3

But I am still shaken and feeling sorry for my niece who was really without any fault for the accident, but she felt so bad because my nephew needs the car AND the car had just been repaired a few days ago. This time it is more than just being without car for some hours.

But glad that we are okay - I sent my nephew and my niece a text message last night asking if they were alright - and they were.

Thanks again for your kind words. :kiss:

Ooof, that's quite a surprise! Glad you and your family weren't hurt!!

I know how that can be - very shocking in the instant it happens, and there is only so much defensive driving one can do. Glad you're alright once again, and I hope the insurance company does the right thing and pays for the damages too.

:hug:

surprise[/color]! Glad you and your family weren't hurt![/color]!

I know how that can be - very shocking in the instant it happens, and there is only so much defensive driving one can do. Glad you're alright once again, and I hope the insurance company does the right thing and pays for the damages too.

:hug:

"a surprise" - that made me lmao. LOL. Well, it is a surprise that we could do without for sure / "fo sho". Thanks for making me laugh - for the first time since the accident.

Because I feel so bad for my niece who felt so bad about it afterwards. For a moment she felt responsible even though she had no part in the accident. But we managed to convince her of this, and the driver in the car in front of us said the same - "your car was no more moving" - she managed to stop the car in time so if the car behind us had kept the legal distance, then NOTHING would have happened. But as I said - my niece knows that my nephew needs the car and now he has to find alternative means of transportation until this matter is sorted out = until the insurance company has had the car damage examined - and now it is summer holiday time and all.

The man in the car behind us said that "it was my wife who was driving the car and caused the damage". My nephew said that it was an elderly couple in the car behind ours. It was on the motorway.

I too hope that "the insurance company does the right thing and pays for the damages too" without any discussion so that my nephew can have the car back very, very soon.

But thanks for making me laugh - it is as if that laughing helped me so now I feel less affected / shaken. A very big and long :hug: to you.

"a surprise" - that made me lmao. LOL. Well, it is a surprise that we could do without for sure / "fo sho". Thanks for making me laugh - for the first time since the accident.

> Maybe "adventure" would be a better descriptive term? :laugh3: But like you say, nobody got hurt, so that's really what's important. I've been in accidents, definitely glad there were no serious injuries, but I do recall seeing the events 'plain as day' in my mind afterwards, definitely a bit of the aftershocks, so-to-speak.. Just glad you're OK!!

Because I feel so bad for my niece who felt so bad about it afterwards. For a moment she felt responsible even though she had no part in the accident. But we managed to convince her of this, and the driver in the car in front of us said the same - "your car was no more moving" - she managed to stop the car in time so if the car behind us had kept the legal distance, then NOTHING would have happened. But as I said - my niece knows that my nephew needs the car and now he has to find alternative means of transportation until this matter is sorted out = until the insurance company has had the car damage examined - and now it is summer holiday time and all. So she somehow asked herself if she was indeed not responsible - so good that we all said the same - and the driver in the car in front of us said the same. And the man in the car behind us said that "it was my wife who was driving the car and caused the damage". My nephew said that it was an elderly couple. I stayed in the car so I did not get out. It was on the motorway.

> Everyone who's conscientious considers that they made a mistake, it's natural - your niece is a very good person to be so concerned, but she is innocent and did the best she could, under the circumstances. Glad the drive in front can verify this - helps with insurance and fault claims, at least here. But that depends on the jurisdiction and all that too... Yes, I think here too, people tailgate too much, so multiple collisions like that are common - but unfortunate. And then the elderly, hm, surprising to me, usually they leave a greater following distance, but then the reaction time slows as we get older, so that may be a factor.. Definitely harder when the accident happens on a motorway - all the rushing traffic, it's a hard spot to be in when something goes wrong.

I too hope that "the insurance company does the right thing and pays for the damages too" without any discussion.

> They might - depends!

But thanks for making me laugh - it is as if that laughing helped me so now I feel less affected / shaken. A very big and long :hug: to you.

Aww, you are most welcome Nancy!:hug:

But I am still shaken and feeling sorry for my niece who was really without any fault for the accident, but she felt so bad because my nephew needs the car AND the car had just been repaired a few days ago. This time it is more than just being without car for some hours.

But glad that we are okay - I sent my nephew and my niece a text message last night asking if they were alright - and they were.

Thanks again for your kind words. :kiss:

You're very welcome! ;)

Accidents can be quite overwhelming. But as long as nobody got hurt.. Much love to you and your family. :kiss: