✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2-Dec-08 - Birmingham, NIA - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok this is very long....I'm sorry, but I wanted to say everything about last night...some pics and videos to follow.....

So, we got there. Took a look around :D went to that nearby pub for some food and drink.. then we looked at where the lorries and stage trucks were parked. Saw no one and it was too cold, although I did see a load of the footballer people leaving (at the time I was thinking.....what the fuck?? hahaha)

Major props to Jen for managing to get these AMAZING seats for me and her :))))))) thanks sooooo sooo sooo so much.

Sold our other tickets to touts... no other options, no one wanted it from this forum! :( Tried to persuade a couple in the pub to take them, but the man hated Coldplay. :lol:

Got inside, saw Pete on the Oxfam stall, Jen had a chat with him. He's so cuuuute :drunk:

...I did a hardcore dance when I saw where my new seat was... block AA....row M. seat 10 a.k.a directly in front of the ramp. JONNY SIDE TOO!!!!

Jen's seat was in block CC..... GUY ZONE!!!!!!!

Serious, serious result!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I had a mighty good feeling about this gig from the beginning. Even though people hate Jon Hopkins, there's one song of his where I just LOVE the bass!

When Eugene thingy threw his Captain America arm shield thingy, Jen caught it. haha. Rather hilarious moment involving falling over a chair.

Saw the roadies dancing/torches just about....awesome. hahah! Wish I could have joined in, its my favourite Jay-Z song. :lol:

Coldplay come on :dead: , LIT...Violet Hill....niceee..... great :D Clocks..... yeaaaah... In My Place! So at this point, I know whats coming... and my stupid camera starts mucking me around. It took some film and then cut out, turned off....lost what it had taken. UGH!!!!!! SO ANNOYING!!!

but yes...I enjoyed the Chris and Jonny love intensely. It was in front of me. So close. :dead: Chris was on his knees in front of Jonny, grabbing him trying to pull him all over the place, haha. :heart: less than a metre or so away. DAMN CAMERA!!!

The only thing I managed to get, was one photo. Jonny is so shy....!!! Only came down that ramp the one time. :/

Speed of Sound, and then Yellow! So I'm happy here, because at Sheffield they finished on Yellow.... :) Yellow, had everyone singing really awesomely, and Chris was impressed. Chinese Sleep Chant, 42, Fix You. Everyone in the whole place is singing and really getting into it. It's 100 times better than Sheffield already... Chris and the boys keep smiling and lauging, I think they enjoyed it because they were here for three days in a row and theyre relaxed :D

Chris mentions that the singing is the best he's heard in a long, long time (and I know people will say 'oh he says that everytime') I genuinely believe he meant it, combined with their goofy happy faces last night :nice: He also made another comment further on in the evening about our singing. :sneaky:

The techno GPASUYF and Talk- awesome :D Everyone in the crowds loving it. The Hardest Part was beautiful, I havn't heard it live before and it really, really was something lovely. :cool:

People in Birmingham didn't go as apeshit crazy for Viva La Vida as the Sheffield people did (the only song they knew, ha). Lost was great, I liked that last night.

Next was an unexpected moment, that was amazing for me. I thought that as they'd played Green Eyes last night, it might have been a one off and I wouldnt get my hopes up. It's one of the songs I've been longing to hear at all previous 5 concerts I've seen...but alas no. So I didnt quite believe it at first when Chris said 'This is a song called Green Eyes' OHHHHHHHHH Ive waited sooooo long to hear it!!!! :heart: x a million. People around me didn't have a clue what song it was.... but to me.... it was just perfect. Its so lame but I felt my eyes well up. I need to hear Warning Sign or Spies now. Impossible.

another amazing moment, was when the Viva La Vida remix came on and almost every person in the venue waved their phone lights!! I loved the crowd last night, everybody was up for it. when Chris came out, everyone was still singing it... and he sounded surprised...he also played it on the piano and said 'wow....you're all actually IN TUNE!' hahah :)

He was also saying halfway through one song, how they wasted airmiles going around the world, when all they needed was right here at home. YEAH boys....you know your home country is the best :proud:

Politik, another moment I was jumping up and down so much...... :heart: that song sooooooooo much. :o

Loveers in Japan, greeeeattt....got some nice video and the butterflies looked great as usual!!!

I really wondered what they were going to play, since Yellow was the encore before. I loved The Scientist as it's full proper song, not acoustic like at Sheffield, which really doesnt do it justice. It was great.

and then LIT 2..... it's just lovely. REALLY really lovely. I HAVE A VID.... will upload :nice:

After the gig, I stood there unable to believe my seat, and where I was, and it really was one of the very best times I've seen them. The crowd was great, hearing Green Eyes :heart: , Chris was being his usual funny and charming self.... it would have been better if Jonny had ventured down the runway a few more times... :sneaky: but it was awesome. AWESSSOOOOOOME!! :D

Afterwards, me and Jen went to the front....thought about trying our luck to get something from the stage. A security guard gave us a photocopy of the setlist which was a bit crap, and on later inspection, it was the first night's setlist! haha. So, we talked to some of the nice American sounding roadies on the stage, one of them searched all around Jonny's area for anything for me.... and he got me Jonny's setlist and a pick..... but not sure if it was Jonny's or not. Great! :D :D :D :D

He looked all over the stage for cool things for us! Really great guys, the roadies.

We thought about trying to hang around outside to meet the guys but no point, they leave so quickly.

Anyway. cheers Coldplay..... a very, very great night. I loved it. And thanks for Green Eyes.....next time, I want Shiver or Spies....thanks :P

Aww...yeah, when tickets went on sale... London sold out.... so I bought Birmingham. then a third date for London went on sale. I kept the Birmingham one...it's sort of close to where I live at uni. Then, Jen saw extra close tickets on sale yesterday so she got them....... :nice: Your shows are soooon arent they :D

Another VIDEO! :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh_abGzAWSM]YouTube - Life In Technicolor 2, Birmingham NIA, 2/12/08[/ame]

LIT TWOOOOOOOOO

Aww...yeah, when tickets went on sale... London sold out.... so I bought Birmingham. then a third date for London went on sale. I kept the Birmingham one...it's sort of close to where I live at uni. Then, Jen saw extra close tickets on sale yesterday so she got them....... :nice: Your shows are soooon arent they :D

Another VIDEO! :D

LIT TWOOOOOOOOO

me :heart:s it!

and me thinks jonny :heart:s it toooo!

Ok, so I have to go and play in a stupid basketball match and don't wanna...Ive half written a review... and in a few hours I'll be back....to post the rest.

MEANWHILE.... my best video I took (when my camera behaved itself) wooooooooooo :D

ENJOY (Chrissy fans in particular)

:dance:

sorry its not very long.

Oh WOW Kara! Nice!

aww yay for kara!! greatp ic of jonny's bum and chris. head in a funny place :sneaky:

or is it in his place:P

:laugh3:

Thanks for your review, pics, and videos Kara! Glad you had a wonderful time! :dance:

Hey! I think I might have see you, at the end, by the very front? Were you a tallish guy. with brown hair?

I was getting a setlist too :)

Also SNAP! with the gigs you went to...I was at Sheffield too and last night :nice:

Nope fraid not, im a girl haha and i was in the seats on the side but at the bottom(if that makes sence) next to the stage

IMG_1670.JPG

So I went to see Coldplay last night and to be quite honest there's only one way to describe their performance and that's "fucking amazing!!!!" (the exclamation marks are necessary). When we arrived the support DJ was already in full flow. I was quite disappointed I missed him come on because throughout the the set and even now with the power of the internet I didn't have a clue who he was. It wasn't too heavy so was actually quite cool to arrive and there was this live music being played in the background. The accompanying video was seriously hypnotic though, it was a strange mix of cartoons and wierd imagery. Once his set had finished there was obviously a break before Coldplay actually came on, a break that went on just that little bit too long.

Just when I was starting to get really pissed off they came on. I realise now why they included an instrumental version of Life in Technicolor on the album, because it is absolutely amazing as a tune for the band to take the stage to as they did at this performance and the fact that with another to the album it actually works really well as the first track on the album. It really does create an amazing atmosphere immediately. Judging from the atmosphere in the arena I really don't think Coldplay could have done any wrong from that point on. Then they launched into their first single off Viva La Vida, Violet Hill. I certainly wouldn't imagine that song, which is quite a slow as one that could get an arena all worked up, but such is the quality of Coldplay live because that's exactly what they did.

They then worked their way through old favourites as well as few tracks off the new amazing album. It was nice to hear Fix You when it isn't the final track of their set because the last time I saw Coldplay was in Bolton in 2005 where they filmed the performance part of the video and so they were trying perform it amazingly as possible. Obviously the track has the kind of strength that it will stand out wherever it is played in the set, but it's just ice to see it performed in a normal manner. Then they broke up set for a few songs by doing techno performances (including lasers) of God Put A Smile Upon Your Face and Talk. So much so that Will Champion moved onto a set of electronic drums. Chris Martin still played a traditional piano, but the tracks were really transformed. I think this was just a nod towards Kraftwerk because the versions were a similar style to and Kraftwerk because they had sampled their track Computer Love for Talk. Unfortunately they only did this for two songs because I actually quite liked how they had re-worked the tracks.

They then went back to normal Coldplay mode, which there is certainly nothing wrong with. They played two tracks and then it was the highlight of the concert for me. They played Viva La Vida and the sight of the drummer, Will Champion, pounding away on kettle drums and using an actual bell instead of cymbals will never get old for me no matter how many times I see it. They then moved into Lost!. I'd actually forgotten ho good the original track is because I'm so used to hearing the version including Jay-Z off Prospekt's March and the single itself.

They then went off, which was seriously surprising because they'd only been for just over hour. Then all of a sudden they re-appeared on some of walk ways in the stadium as they made their way to back of the stadium to a little performance area, which I hadn't noticed initially. There actually a bunch of acoustic guitars there that they all played for Green Eyes. Then they played their short single, Death Will Never Conquer, which gave away free on their website a while ago. Only Chris Martin was playing the harmonica so drummer, Will Champion was proving himself to be the most versatile member of the band by doing the vocals for the track.

They then went off for a short while to get back to main stage. Viva La Vida was playing over the speakers with the whole crowd singing along, to which Chris Martin was actually shocked that the crowd was singing in key. When the were at the stage they sang two or three songs they played the album closer, which is an absolute tune and a half to finish a set off before they properly went off for a short break because they had been playing for an hour and a half. They did come back on for the obligatory encore which all culminated in the last song proper song of the night being their other version of the song they had opened with, Life in Technicolour ii.

The whole way through the set it was absolutely amazing. All the songs just take on a whole new life when you hear them live. Chris Martin is also a good front man, having cheeky jokes with audience the whole way through. He only went wrong once the entire concert and like a good front man made it into a joke of it with the crowd by playing end section about 3 or 4 times to "get his confidence back".

IMG_1670.JPG

So I went to see Coldplay last night and to be quite honest there's only one way to describe their performance and that's "fucking amazing!!!!" (the exclamation marks are necessary). When we arrived the support DJ was already in full flow. I was quite disappointed I missed him come on because throughout the the set and even now with the power of the internet I didn't have a clue who he was. It wasn't too heavy so was actually quite cool to arrive and there was this live music being played in the background. The accompanying video was seriously hypnotic though, it was a strange mix of cartoons and wierd imagery. Once his set had finished there was obviously a break before Coldplay actually came on, a break that went on just that little bit too long.

Just when I was starting to get really pissed off they came on. I realise now why they included an instrumental version of Life in Technicolor on the album, because it is absolutely amazing as a tune for the band to take the stage to as they did at this performance and the fact that with another to the album it actually works really well as the first track on the album. It really does create an amazing atmosphere immediately. Judging from the atmosphere in the arena I really don't think Coldplay could have done any wrong from that point on. Then they launched into their first single off Viva La Vida, Violet Hill. I certainly wouldn't imagine that song, which is quite a slow as one that could get an arena all worked up, but such is the quality of Coldplay live because that's exactly what they did.

They then worked their way through old favourites as well as few tracks off the new amazing album. It was nice to hear Fix You when it isn't the final track of their set because the last time I saw Coldplay was in Bolton in 2005 where they filmed the performance part of the video and so they were trying perform it amazingly as possible. Obviously the track has the kind of strength that it will stand out wherever it is played in the set, but it's just ice to see it performed in a normal manner. Then they broke up set for a few songs by doing techno performances (including lasers) of God Put A Smile Upon Your Face and Talk. So much so that Will Champion moved onto a set of electronic drums. Chris Martin still played a traditional piano, but the tracks were really transformed. I think this was just a nod towards Kraftwerk because the versions were a similar style to and Kraftwerk because they had sampled their track Computer Love for Talk. Unfortunately they only did this for two songs because I actually quite liked how they had re-worked the tracks.

They then went back to normal Coldplay mode, which there is certainly nothing wrong with. They played two tracks and then it was the highlight of the concert for me. They played Viva La Vida and the sight of the drummer, Will Champion, pounding away on kettle drums and using an actual bell instead of cymbals will never get old for me no matter how many times I see it. They then moved into Lost!. I'd actually forgotten ho good the original track is because I'm so used to hearing the version including Jay-Z off Prospekt's March and the single itself.

They then went off, which was seriously surprising because they'd only been for just over hour. Then all of a sudden they re-appeared on some of walk ways in the stadium as they made their way to back of the stadium to a little performance area, which I hadn't noticed initially. There actually a bunch of acoustic guitars there that they all played for Green Eyes. Then they played their short single, Death Will Never Conquer, which gave away free on their website a while ago. Only Chris Martin was playing the harmonica so drummer, Will Champion was proving himself to be the most versatile member of the band by doing the vocals for the track.

They then went off for a short while to get back to main stage. Viva La Vida was playing over the speakers with the whole crowd singing along, to which Chris Martin was actually shocked that the crowd was singing in key. When the were at the stage they sang two or three songs they played the album closer, which is an absolute tune and a half to finish a set off before they properly went off for a short break because they had been playing for an hour and a half. They did come back on for the obligatory encore which all culminated in the last song proper song of the night being their other version of the song they had opened with, Life in Technicolour ii.

The whole way through the set it was absolutely amazing. All the songs just take on a whole new life when you hear them live. Chris Martin is also a good front man, having cheeky jokes with audience the whole way through. He only went wrong once the entire concert and like a good front man made it into a joke of it with the crowd by playing end section about 3 or 4 times to "get his confidence back".

Well that's one of the few reviews I've read that actually mentions Will singing....:angry: