✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

15-Dec-08 - London, O2 Arena - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok it seems hundreds of people have already said what they thought of last night and now its my turn (i only just got out of bed). Anyway i thought it was bloody amazing!!! The band were on simply top form last night and the crowd were up for it too. I particularly liked the techno versions of GPASUYF and Talk as well as Lovers in Japan which i wasn't a fan of until they played it last night (shame i wasn't able to catch the butterflies). It was nice to meet up with some of my fellow coldplayers Mark and Frank. :D

Ok it seems hundreds of people have already said what they thought of last night and now its my turn (i only just got out of bed). Anyway i thought it was bloody amazing!!! The band were on simply top form last night and the crowd were up for it too. I particularly liked the techno versions of GPASUYF and Talk as well as Lovers in Japan which i wasn't a fan of until they played it last night (shame i wasn't able to catch the butterflies). It was nice to meet up with some of my fellow coldplayers Mark and Frank. :D

Glad you had a great time!

Lovers In Japan has the kind of euphoric, anthemic quality which is just made for the live experience.

It's already become a live fave of mine.:D

Glad you had a great time!

Lovers In Japan has the kind of euphoric, anthemic quality which is just made for the live experience.

It's already become a live fave of mine.:D

Hopefully I should get a ticket for Wembley next September, now ive had a taste of Coldplay I want more!! Btw you were right about Jon Hopkins, so dull and boring and absolutley no passion. Unfortunately he came on after Eugene Francis. So anyway who were the girls then?

Hopefully I should get a ticket for Wembley next September, now ive had a taste of Coldplay I want more!! Btw you were right about Jon Hopkins, so dull and boring and absolutley no passion. Unfortunately he came on after Eugene Francis. So anyway who were the girls then?

Before the gig?

Without tempting fate, I have a brilliant recording of Lovers in Japan and the last 40 seconds of Green Eyes (the bit when Will starts singing). My only issue is that the Lovers in Japan is a whopping 391MB and Green Eyes is 80MB. Does anyone have any ideas on how to upload it quicker than Youtube/Google video?

Heyy,

I went to see them last night for the first time ever! I got to the 02 at 4 and they didnt start till 9 so we was waiting along time, it was so worth it, they are amazing! we ordered the tickets off a place called "The online ticket shop" They are not a real company, and sent us ripped tickets so we were scared we wouldn't get in! However we won a thing to go into the 02 lounge and everything, the atmosphere in the arena was so good I thought, he really got the crowd involved! and yeah, i have always loved Coldplay but seeing them last night just made me love them that little bit more!!

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

It's the usual Coldplaying concert syndrome :D

Haha, yeah that's what I thought at the time, nothing else mattered to me at the time though other than making as much noise and having the best time possible :)

I still haven't got over how good it was, I really envy those who have still got it to look forward to tonight! Bring on Wembley!

Wicked concert, shame about the seated only, only ever seen them standing. The magic 8 ball's were amazing.

just a quick question does anyone know the name of the song that was played just before they came on, it was jay z with someone else

lobely piccies by hedgie72:

3111453867_81e630aa15.jpg?v=0

3111453497_92a062223d.jpg?v=0

Thanks for finding my photos and posting them here and the nice comment - don't think I've ever contributed to a forum before registering!

I've added a few more photos to my flickr stream now, which I hope the members here can enjoy. I hope they look OK - it was my first ever attempt at gig photography and my camera really isn't up to the task. You should see the ones that I've had to discard - Chris moves far too quickly for the slow shutter speed!

I thoroughly enjoyed last night (apart from the hassle getting home!). As someone who has been gigging for 20 years now, I'm sure this will long be remembered as one of the best I've seen and although it was the first time I saw Coldplay, it certainly won't be the last, if I can help it.

Finally, for most of the gig (apart from the obvious bit!), I had Simon Pegg standing in the entrance to the backstage area right next to me. Seat right next to the stage, one of my favourite comic actors right next to me and a great performance. If it wasn't for TfL and a journey home involving three buses, two trains and a car, the night would have been just perfect!

3113511977_2debe493dd.jpg

3114322538_1d1a99ae68.jpg

3114285710_d6b650f178.jpg

3113443037_5e2852e0c0.jpg

3113433497_bc84ea57a2.jpg