✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

15-Dec-08 - London, O2 Arena - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

The show was good, I was danced my little ass off as always, probably upset the people behind me but who cares?!

I was twenty feet away from Chris as he sang The Hardest Part solo, and having seen them six or so times from the start of the X&Y tour I never even heard that once...I feel so glad and blessed. I had a ring on my finger from the girl I love like no other (and a girl I have to run off and find what she's been posting in my absence!! :D)

I met Chavi and she is just as wonderful and kind as she appeared in her Chrissy signing vid. My only regret is that I didn't meet Lauren (Lauve) but it is only a matter of time :)

My goodness the highlight of the night was hearing 'now my feet won't touch the ground' throughout the various songs...no CoL but they better bloody play it tomorrow or there will be trouble of the kmchi kind :D

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was simply the best night of my life. They were absolutely AMAZING! I came out of the arena (after spending about 15 mins filling my bag with butterflies) utterly speechless, WOW!

I'll upload some videos and pics later but they're a bit shaky cos I was jumping around so much. I think the people near where I was sitting thought I was mad cos I was going so crazy haha.

Thank you Coldplay!

I went last night and I thought it was an extremely accoomplished and polished performance.

I've seen them quite a number of times from 2001 onwards and with the new material blending into old favourites, I was thinking of some of the songs that they missed. (Shiver, Don't Panic, Square One, White Shadows, Everything's Not Lost, Kingdom Come). My highlights were Lovers in Japan, Death and All His Friends and the brilliant version of God Put a Smile On My Face/Talk.

Fortunately, I was sitting on the side where Green Eyes was performed and got some decent photos. Back For Good encore was a bit cheesy. Then again, who knows which Girls Aloud song they will cover at Wembley. I think we could see a brilliant Coldplay/Jay-Z duet as well.

This was definitely one of the best Coldplay performances I've seen. After X&Y where I wasn't sure where they were heading, Viva La Vida is a much more uplifting CD and to me, that definitely translated into the performance. It was great to see Will sing and Jonny/Guy get more engaged in the vocals.

That was simply the best night of my life. They were absolutely AMAZING! I came out of the arena (after spending about 15 mins filling my bag with butterflies) utterly speechless, WOW!

I'll upload some videos and pics later but they're a bit shaky cos I was jumping around so much. I think the people near where I was sitting thought I was mad cos I was going so crazy haha.

Thank you Coldplay!

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

It's the usual Coldplaying concert syndrome :D

I went last night and I thought it was an extremely accoomplished and polished performance.

I've seen them quite a number of times from 2001 onwards and with the new material blending into old favourites, I was thinking of some of the songs that they missed. (Shiver, Don't Panic, Square One, White Shadows, Everything's Not Lost, Kingdom Come). My highlights were Lovers in Japan, Death and All His Friends and the brilliant version of God Put a Smile On My Face/Talk.

Fortunately, I was sitting on the side where Green Eyes was performed and got some decent photos. Back For Good encore was a bit cheesy. Then again, who knows which Girls Aloud song they will cover at Wembley. I think we could see a brilliant Coldplay/Jay-Z duet as well.

This was definitely one of the best Coldplay performances I've seen. After X&Y where I wasn't sure where they were heading, Viva La Vida is a much more uplifting CD and to me, that definitely translated into the performance. It was great to see Will sing and Jonny/Guy get more engaged in the vocals.

Glad you had a good time :nice: It's amazing how they have progressed since their first album. Although I do miss the old, raw Coldplay, I cannot grumble about the standard of their live performances now either.

When I was entering the 02 arena last night i said to the man who verified the ticket me and my sister had I have waited 6 and a half months for this, that was very untrue because I had been actually waiting for the best part of ten years to see this awesome awesome band, my dad came along as well but he was seperated from us, because I brought my sister her ticket as her christmas present 4 months after I had booked my own and dads tickets. I can quite honestly say neither me or my sister thought much of the support groups that came on. But as the time was getting nearer to them getting on the stage I thought wow now I actually realise how super massive this band actually are. Then the lights went down, and Life In Technicolor started playing, and I thought this is going to be the best ever night of my life, so was it any better than seeing Muse at Wembley Stadium 1 and a half years ago. HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! They were just so good last night, and I was standing up for like the first hour of the concert. One of the best bits for me had to be when they played Lovers In Japan, and there were Laser Machines in each corner of the arena and millions of paper butterflies came out of all of them, and I caught about 10, when they played yellow I was a bit worried for a few seconds that they were about to do the acoustic version of it, but they did the version I know and love. I had a dream a while ago I was at 02 arena watching Coldplay, and they had gone off stage, and no one knew at all where they had gone to and then suddenly, I looked round and there they were behind me and my sister, a very similar thing happened last night. Chris said see you in a minute, and they went charging off stage and went through the arena, and they suddenly started working their way towards where me and my sister, were sitting and my dad was standing, they did not quite get to us but they got ever so close to us. All in all i can quite honestly say it was THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE SO FAR. AND I REALLY SEE NO POINT OF THEM SPLITTING UP AT THE MOMENT BECAUSE THEY ARE EASILY ONE OF THE BEST BANDS TO SEE IN THE WORLD AT THE MOMENT. Bring on Wembley Stadium September 2009. It could be their masterpiece.