✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

09-Sep-2008: The Bercy, Paris - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mel he wore his ring!

edit I'ms o sorry you guys I have to retract something....

yes was not played... but you probably already know that.... I misinterpeted chavi's text... in the end she said:

yes ring on! but I was tired and tought it said yes reign of... woopsssssss sorry!

Chavi's gonna have to look closer tonight...only tape and NO rings last night:rolleyes:

:P

Beginning of Politik

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhBixePOiqI]YouTube - Coldplay Paris Bercy 09-09-2008 - Rappel[/ame]

LIT + VH

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BDy3JVq6D0]YouTube - COLDPLAY VIVA LA VIDA TOUR aliasaurelien.skyblog.com[/ame]

Talk

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cPMqGhHaYE]YouTube - COLDPLAY @ Bercy [09.09.08] -- Talk[/ame]

----

Man, that was hell of a show ! I arrived @ Bercy at 7PM and joined the huge queue for the show. Actually, that was quite fast and i was in at 7.30PM and we were not so far from the scene, we could see it quite good actually. Then my friend and I started waiting... The first part lasted something like 30-40min. It was not so bad but i thought that the sound was horrible, i couldn't hear the singer's voice. Then another 30min to wait, it was very hot inside, i was starting to melt then the show began.

Life in technicolor : Amazing, when the first sounds came to the crowd, everybody yelled ! It was amazing. Then it goes faster and faster and BOUM ! Coldplay is on the scene ! Very nice intro

Violet Hill : Nice song too but i thought that Chris had a strange voice

Clocks : AMAZING ! When Chris' fingers hit the piano, all the crowd began to scream. That was so massive. The song was brilliant with wonderful light effects

In my place : Definitely one of the best songs of the show. Everyone knew perfect the lyrics, and the "yeaaaaaaaaaaaah" were so huge. I was shouting with my hands up. This song was so good !

Speed of sound : I love that song and the band played it nice.

Cemetories of London : I'm well impressed by the live version. The "la la lays" were so good !

Chinese sleep chant : Not my favorite but OK

42 : Lovely, Chris was singing so good

Fix You : Another amazing perform. All the crowd sang, some lighters opened, people waving their hands

Strawberry Swing : Well, I don't like it so much but finally, I loved it !

GPASUYF and Talk : Great performance. They played ver close to us, was so cool !

The Hardest Part : Nice personal intrpretation by Chris. He played a few then said "ah comment est-ce que j'attaque ?". Everyone laughed then he played the song. After the song, he told us to prepare for singing

Viva La Vida : EXTRAORDINARY !!!!!!! As soon as they began playing, everyone in the crowd yelled like I've never heard before. All the song was perfect, they played it perfect and the "wo oh oh wo" were so impressive, all my body was shaken, it lasted a few minutes. This moment was so great, i felt in fright. Definitely the best song of the show !!!

Lost : I love this song and it was perfect? Johnny's solo is so good live, i could hear it for hours, so good !

The scientist : They sang it in the steps, very close to the audience. I love the acoustic version

Death Will Never Conquer : Nice performance too

Viva La Vida (remix) : Another big part of the show. There were no lights, everything was dark when the remix was played. Then everyone took out his cellphone and waved it, it was incredible, so nice to watch. This was really amazing, it was so wonderful. I took some pics.

Politik : Nice song. I love the part in the middle of the song when there's only Chris singing and playing piano.

Reign of Love : Nice one.

Lovers in Japan : They replaced the background with Haiku, a Japanese film. And then the paper butterflies fell from everywhere, there were so many. I looked up and it was amazing.

Death and All His Friends : I love this song so much and the played it perfect, the part when all the band sings together is so great.

Then they left, all teh audience sang the special Paris "wo oh oh oh" and they came back !

Yellow : Nice, but Chris' voice wasn't perfect (i was a bit disappointed but everyone was singing and it was nice)

The Escapist : they left, such a shame. I would have loved to see them playin' close to the audience because there's so much emotion in this song.

Another "wo oh oh wo" but all the lights were switched on and we knew it was over. I got back to my place and took a nice shower (so good after 3 hours standing up at 35°C....

So, it was the first time I saw Coldplay live and it was perfect. The show was amazing, there was so much emotion and next time they go back to Paris, I will definitely be there (but please guys, play Don't Panic this time !)

[ZamaGelu]

----

The Coldplay Paris Experience

Somewhere around my college years, I realized I have spatial issues. There’s an unseen bubble around me that when encroached upon freaks me out to no end. Last night at the show, we had floor seats which means we stood in line outside and inside from 4:30pm until 11:30pm when the show ended. 15 minutes before the opening act started, there was a surge forward jamming me up against all those around me. Bubble encroachment people!! After about 20 minutes of near panic and realizing there’s no way to escape this mayhem, I had to give myself over to it. It was a fantastic time with some great music and 15,000 of my closest, sweatiest Parisian friends. Here’s some pics…

dsc01589.jpg

dsc01592.jpg?w=450

dsc01580.jpg

There's a few more pictures on the blog :)

http://brianworster.wordpress.com/2008/09/10/the-coldplay-paris-experience/

----

Man, that was hell of a show ! I arrived @ Bercy at 7PM and joined the huge queue for the show. Actually, that was quite fast and i was in at 7.30PM and we were not so far from the scene, we could see it quite good actually. Then my friend and I started waiting... The first part lasted something like 30-40min. It was not so bad but i thought that the sound was horrible, i couldn't hear the singer's voice. Then another 30min to wait, it was very hot inside, i was starting to melt then the show began.

Life in technicolor : Amazing, when the first sounds came to the crowd, everybody yelled ! It was amazing. Then it goes faster and faster and BOUM ! Coldplay is on the scene ! Very nice intro

Violet Hill : Nice song too but i thought that Chris had a strange voice

Clocks : AMAZING ! When Chris' fingers hit the piano, all the crowd began to scream. That was so massive. The song was brilliant with wonderful light effects

In my place : Definitely one of the best songs of the show. Everyone knew perfect the lyrics, and the "yeaaaaaaaaaaaah" were so huge. I was shouting with my hands up. This song was so good !

Speed of sound : I love that song and the band played it nice.

Cemetories of London : I'm well impressed by the live version. The "la la lays" were so good !

Chinese sleep chant : Not my favorite but OK

42 : Lovely, Chris was singing so good

Fix You : Another amazing perform. All the crowd sang, some lighters opened, people waving their hands

Strawberry Swing : Well, I don't like it so much but finally, I loved it !

GPASUYF and Talk : Great performance. They played ver close to us, was so cool !

The Hardest Part : Nice personal intrpretation by Chris. He played a few then said "ah comment est-ce que j'attaque ?". Everyone laughed then he played the song. After the song, he told us to prepare for singing

Viva La Vida : EXTRAORDINARY !!!!!!! As soon as they began playing, everyone in the crowd yelled like I've never heard before. All the song was perfect, they played it perfect and the "wo oh oh wo" were so impressive, all my body was shaken, it lasted a few minutes. This moment was so great, i felt in fright. Definitely the best song of the show !!!

Lost : I love this song and it was perfect? Johnny's solo is so good live, i could hear it for hours, so good !

The scientist : They sang it in the steps, very close to the audience. I love the acoustic version

Death Will Never Conquer : Nice performance too

Viva La Vida (remix) : Another big part of the show. There were no lights, everything was dark when the remix was played. Then everyone took out his cellphone and waved it, it was incredible, so nice to watch. This was really amazing, it was so wonderful. I took some pics.

Politik : Nice song. I love the part in the middle of the song when there's only Chris singing and playing piano.

Reign of Love : Nice one.

Lovers in Japan : They replaced the background with Haiku, a Japanese film. And then the paper butterflies fell from everywhere, there were so many. I looked up and it was amazing.

Death and All His Friends : I love this song so much and the played it perfect, the part when all the band sings together is so great.

Then they left, all teh audience sang the special Paris "wo oh oh oh" and they came back !

Yellow : Nice, but Chris' voice wasn't perfect (i was a bit disappointed but everyone was singing and it was nice)

The Escapist : they left, such a shame. I would have loved to see them playin' close to the audience because there's so much emotion in this song.

Another "wo oh oh wo" but all the lights were switched on and we knew it was over. I got back to my place and took a nice shower (so good after 3 hours standing up at 35°C....

So, it was the first time I saw Coldplay live and it was perfect. The show was amazing, there was so much emotion and next time they go back to Paris, I will definitely be there (but please guys, play Don't Panic this time !)

[ZamaGelu]

----

nice review & thanks for posting it on Wiki :D

OK so here is my first review :

Didn't sleep a lot last night (way too excited). I arrived at the POPB at 8:30 hoping to be the first there but HOLY SHIT there was 14 persons (3 of them had slept here). I've waited there on my own till 11am, I was freezing. Cuuliem and Chavi arrived with the sun around 11 and 11:30 am, my skin was now burning.

We heard a first soundcheck around 15h, Chris was repeating lotsa time the same part of VLV as if he had a problem with it. They sang Lost and VH too, though it was hard to hear them clearly.

Later we started to have wind problems, and around 17pm we were under the rain. Cha Buckland came to say hello and brought us some sort of Coldplay posters (from a radio promo) she was finding on trees hehe...

There were another soundcheck around 17:30 with GPASUYF, VLV (chorus now), VH and LiT.

Doors opened at 18:40 (instead of 18:30, we were getting nervous XD).

We turned out to be pretty good at running so the three of us arrived first row, I'd say in front of Chris but we were actually on Jonny's side.

Well what i'm goin to say is very personal so don't blame me but I started to notice once I was inside that something was wrong, I wasn't feeling THAT excited now I was in.

I was afraid of that kind of feeling cause i've been going to too much concerts recently, and in a way I was excepting to be as impressed (by the venue and the crowd) as I was in 2005 though it couldn't happen cause 2005 was my very first concert ever and also first concert of Coldplay.

So AH.Jr... arrived, he wasn't that bad, I actually enjoyed few songs even if I wouldn't listen to him at home XD

Chavi and I were trying to yell his name in order to make him feel as if he had a very good crowd, quite fun.

We noticed everything was quite slow (they opened the gates later than what they had announced, they started the concert later ...etc), apparently they wanted the concert to finish around 23:30 so they had to start later.

The roadies came and I asked Chavi to help me finding Miller cause I had my beautiful ''Spreading the R#42 love'' banner... I tried to yell and call him or other roadies but none of them was paying attention to meus. Doesn't matter.

The rap song was on, I knew the concert was about to start, I was feeling less and less excited and that was getting me worried.

LiT - Holy shit, that's Coldplay, I'm back again very closed to them though something's wrong, why the hell am I not impressed, do I actually realise I'm in front of Coldplay or am I on another planet right now ?

I was trying to feel excited, I was just feeling STRANGE even though I was jumping and yelling...

(Now the concert is over I think that I wouldn't have felt like that if I had been in the back of the venue cause I would have feel the crowd, you can't do that when you're first row, everyone's in your back... ANYWAY it doesn't matter that much now)

VH - didn't have time to think cause Chavi told me it was the right time to put our masks cause Chris would look at the crowd. The truth is, we weren't seeing that good with our masks so we haven't even been able to say if they noticed us XD. Maybe we'll try again tomorrow... I mean in few hours !

Clocks / SOS / In My Place - Perfect too (still feeling strange but enjoying it nonetheless)

Cemeteries - Oh gosh, I didn't know how it would sound on live (I wanted to keep the surprise as it's my fav song of the new album), Chris asked if we were ready to sing with him and he started and, well, still that strange feeling which made me thought ''ouch, I'm not finding it magic, i'll start to feel really bad in few minutes if it turns out that I am not enjoying myself a lot at a concert of my fav band...''

Btw, don't worry : the song itself was perfect, problem was coming from ME.

Then Chinese Sleep Chant, 42 and Fix You which started to wake me suddenly up, I was jumping, singing, and feelin GOOD for the first time. I don't know what had happened in my head, maybe I was too stressed about not liking them, I just dunno... now the concert was really starting for me !!!

Strawberry Swing - I adored it (crowd was great too).

and there OMG THE B-STAGE PART !

So I really don't know what happened in my brain on that night but I totally felt like crying cause it was just AWESOME (I also didn't know how would sound GPASUYF). It was just... I dunno I don't have words, it was like perfect, it was totally THE BEST OF COLDPLAY, it was the reason Coldplay is one of my fav band, it was HAPPINESS. Same thing about Talk, and The Hardest Part which really moved me, I swear I was about to cry...

We might have had RoL around there (I don't exactly remember when), which was awesome too. Chris playing alone. I wasn't on earth anymore but this time nothing to be worried abouth : it was just way too awesome.

VLV and Lost killed me as I was jumping and enjoying them too much hehe they wereeeee bloody goooooooood

Crowd didn't stop singing the wowowow (as usual now, cause Chris asked us to go on) and it lasted quite a lot till our voices were leaving us hehe.

Then they went up there to sing The Scientist and Death, I wasn't disappointed AT ALL by The Scientist, I thought I would prefer the normal one but this acoustic attempt was very nice. I enjoyed Will voice too.

Then maybe it's gonna seem stupid but the VLV remix during the encore was AMAZING, everyone started to sing the wowowow again and the whole venue turned on their phones and waved the screens in the air while singing, it was like dancing stars, it was brilliant. I was feeling SO GOOD, I swear you should see that on video !!!! (I don't have any camera so I hope some people filmed that)

Politik Lovers and DAAHF were perfect. Btw I wasn't disturbed at all by the fact Politik was played that late, was a good idea to put it there after the first encore !

Someone fainted during DAAHF so we all stopped singing for few minutes (I mean, those who were first row), wasn't very annoying though.

We noticed Miller was just in front of us taking pics after Lovers so I took back my banner and put it on his way, we saw him smiling few times without stopping in front of my banner though...

Before leaving Chris read few banners and Guy took pics of the crowd (and Miller took pics of Guy taking a pic of us, and I even think Chavi took a pic of Miller taking a pic of Guy who was taking a pic of us XD), then Millers took pics of the crowd but Chavi and I couldn't be on them.

The band came back after another very ''wowowowow-ish'' encore (hehe) to play yellow, which I thought would be strange as an end but it turned out to be quite a good idea.

I tried to take few pics of Chris with my phone during yellow in order to keep a little something from this concert, but I quickly noticed Miller was back in front of me so I grabbed my banner in order to insist XD

The band left after an AMAZING SHOW which I didn't find short : I was really satisfied and felt like I have had everything I wanted.

Before leaving we saw Miller taking pics of the Crowd again and once again Chavi and I weren't on it, so I waved my banner and then Miller turned to me smiling and he took pics of Chavi and I holding our banners, then he told me ''can I keep this one please ?'' so I agreed with an ''OF COURSE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'' (<= too excited XD) and he left laughing.

We then didn't have much time to share everything we wanted to share cause we had to take butterflies for Cha, find lotsa friends...etc

Chavi, Cha and I took a pic of us with the masks XD

We left around OO:OOam but we're going back there in few hours XD

I apologize if this review sucks, I'm really TIRED and I'm waking up in 3 hours XD wuuuuuuuuuhhhhh !

Your review was from your heart. I think that many of us can relate to what you experienced.

I'm back to home for only a hour, I'll try to make a personal review of the show later :)

But it was unbelievable, amazing, crazy, fun, I don't know how should I say :lol:

It's the first time I meet Coldplay and I will probably never forget it :D :smug: