✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

09-Sep-2008: The Bercy, Paris - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giah... sometimes it's better to buy first and decide later (isn't it XD ?).

Anyway I'm definitely going there, I need to Chris Martin again XD

I know.. I learned my lesson.. (ca se dit en anglais ? :uhoh: Haha)

and you what ? need to see him ? or need to drool over him again ? :lol:

ooohhh I love it :thud:

I think you can post without the media tags now... Ian got some new thingy installed or something let's try

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1srFUbGIHto]YouTube - Yellow - Paris 9 sept 08[/ame]

I hope you got some pics of guy taking pics? what a view..! :wideeyed:

edit yup you can!

Hi everyone,

Amazing reports there, nothing I can add that hasn't already been said about the gig... It was really memorable and emotional -I almost cried when Politik came up, dunno why. I'd been waiting to see Coldplay live for at least three years; that was when I first started listening to them. Okay I'm starting to ramble now... The truth is that this night was even more unique for me for two reasons, and I wanted to share these with you guys on the board.

First of all, when they sang the Scientist and Death Will Never Conquer (among the crowd), I was RIGHT behind them. It was nuts. I did not expect to see them that well since we were sitting THREE DAYS away from the stage and I never thought they'd come nowhere near us but THEY DID. Haha sorry for getting hysterical but just thinking about that moment makes my heart race. I did film the entire performance but my camera f***ed up during the Scientist. I'm trying to upload my video of Will singing Death Will Never Conquer on YouTube but it's taking a really long time, so I'll update this post as soon as I can. The vid is shot from behind but I had to work with what I had :D

Video-

[media=250,150,0,3]

[/media]

Random screenshot-

vlcsnap-397197.png

That was just insane, they were soooo close. I kept shouting Jonny's name but he probably didn't hear me lol.

And then something else even better happened. We went to try and meet them...

At first I was a wee bit reluctant to wait for them after the show was over, because I didn't want to be all stalkerish. But I knew I would regret not doing it as well, and I couldn't miss the opportunity (even if it meant being a bit delusional). So we went to the artists' entrance -or in this case, exit, and waited. We waited for a couple of hours (we kept telling ourselves that if we were going to stalk, we might as well do it in a professional manner); my emotions were still running high from the concert and then it was my last night in Paris so I didn't mind staying out until very late.

Aaaanyway, the cars kept moving around, security people were looking at us thinking we're weirdos etc., it was quite an experience. But in the end it was all very rewarding because Jonny and Will came out around 2am.

The shots are blurry because I was shaking, and my camera's a bit rubbish..

Photo035.jpg

I literally couldn't breathe because it was SO intimidating, seeing Jonny f***ing Buckand standing right there in front of me. The first thing I told him was 'amazing gig, that was a great performance' and he said 'oh thanks, thank you very much' and then my mind just went blank because I was so scared and starstruck at the same time. He was very friendly, smiling and signing autographs, but still keeping a somewhat respectful distance (you can really tell he's very shy. it's very odd and endearing at the same time). I remember thinking that he was tall, and that he had nice Chucks. Other than that... :confused:

Photo038.jpg

Will on the other hand was brillant with the fans, he even took a couple of pictures with the other girls that were waiting. When he came up to me, I handed him my pen and he didn't know if he was supposed to take it or use his own so it was a bit awkward for a few seconds; but then he laughed and said 'I've got my own pen' and I said 'ooh okay classy'. I couldn't believe I was in front of Will Champion, my brain really couldn't adjust. He was very well-dressed, wearing a very expensive-looking suit ;) so he was even more handsome than usual.

They eventually left -there were three cars coming out, and I'm pretty sure I saw a dark-haired person in the second one, and that had to be Guy. Gutted I didn't get to see him but I'm not complaining :D (and to be fair, I did see him quite well during the gig, hee).

Photo042.jpg

Ten minutes later, Chris arrived and he was downright amazing. I dunno why people think he's arrogant.. He immediately started signing autographs and then I said 'amazing performance, I've been waiting for this gig for ages' (dont know why I said that, my brain wasn't working properly), he said something like "aaaww thanks it was good wasn't it? I thought it was really great this time around" and he started talking about how last time was terrible -I asked him what happened but he was already talking to somebody else lol. He took pictures with everyone and my bloody camera didn't work the first time we posed together, it was embarassing. I kept apologising afterwards, but he was like "don't worry it's okay, everyone's going to have a picture" and he was being really nice to everyone.

So that's my pic with Chris-

Photo044.jpg

I've resized it cause I look terrible on it, I hate pictures..

Photo046.jpg

Another random pic of Chris... I was too distracted to take proper pictures tbh!

But what an amazing night, it was all really worth it.

And all that stuff is nothing compared to the actual gig which... I mean, I'd been waiting for it so badly I thought I'd be disappointed but I wasn't. They totally delivered; the setlist was brillant and the Viva la Vida songs were so good live! And then all the unexpected little things such as the piano version of the Hardest Part, the acoustic version of the Scientist etc.

Legend really. I can't wait to see them live again.

Cheers everyone :)

Too bad Guy didn't come over.
Guy is my friend's favourite bandmember, I felt a bit bad for her afterwatrds cause I made her stay all that time and he was the only one who didn't show up :lol:

BUT I made it up to her because we're both huge Strokes fan and we saw Albert Hammond Jr. I didn't write about him in my earlier post but he was really adorable; I told him that it was my friend's birthday (my present to her was the ticket to the concert lol) so he said happy birthday and then took a picture with her. At some point I really wanted to ask him about what was going on with the Strokes and when would a fourth album be released but then I was afraid to be rude so I didn't.

OMFG O.O Where the hell was that entrance exactly ?

Well I'm not jealous cause I couldn't see myself stalking after the gigs, I was way too dead hehe.

You were SO lucky, that's really great, the pic with Chris is awesome !!!

That exit is directly opposite the entrance to the Palais Ominsports. If you just walk around the venue, you'd be sure to see it -it's very close to the underground carpark (if I remember correctly).

I was dead exhausted myself; I arrived at home at 4 that night -I do live a bit far away from Paris, but it took me a really long time since there wasn't any metro/train etc. and then I had my flight to England the day afterwards... but really it was Coldplay so it was worth being very tired I guess..

I've uploaded the video, it's in my original post, hope you'll enjoy!