✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

09-Sep-2008: The Bercy, Paris - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great review Chavi ^^

I'm listening to Rouz' bootleg and I now remember that he mentioned his cousin ''Annabelle'' again this year, just like in 2005 (during Strawberry Swing this time) and I'm starting to wonder if a part of his family could be living in France ? It's just strange how he always say her name when he's performing in Paris.

Anyway I don't have the bootleg of the 10th (yet ? if someone recorded it hehe...) but as far as I remember he dedicated a song on that day to a ''Clémence'' or something like this, I'm quite jure it was a french name...

By the way is the picture of the Afro woman Chavi asked me to take :

DSC03754.JPG

Here are few pics I took during yellow :

DSC03757.JPG

DSC03758.JPG

DSC03760.JPG

And HERE IS CHAVI SLEEPING UNDER HER FAMPUS BANNER before the gig of the 10th XD:

DSC03763.JPG

I bet it feels nice!!!! You know I bet you, that after the show Jonny must have said something about that sign you were holding if he made a face like that!!!! Then he and Chris went somewhere and made out!:D:laugh3:

But thats really great though that they recognized it!!!!

CHAVI : thank's a lot for the great "term-paper" you've made about the concert. You deserve an A for it (i'm joking but it's brilliant). Nice pictures too. You were lucky to be that close from the stage. Next time, i'll be careful to be much closer (i prefer to be seated) whatever the concert is. I agree with you about the quality of the concert. I haven't been to Strasbourg nor Lyon concerts but the Paris one was awsome, I mean it.:rolleyes:

Awe!!

Just got back home!! It was one hell of a gig! I have so much to read/watch/listen now...

That was really great to meet Chris² and Chavi. These chicks are the most insane groupies i've ever been with. I really had a great time with you guys. We should do it again sometimes...

I'll try to post some videos soon, the quality is not the greatest, and i was in front of the speaker, so the sound aint that good...

Time to catch things up now...

cheers

Wow An A !! thank you Patricia :dance: :p

I understand. Having a seat is really great. If I had one I wouldve been able to stalk A LOT more... and you dont have the sweat problem with strangers being too close to you, YUCK ! BUT, thanks to standing tix I had the best spot in the room :D

Awe!!

Just got back home!! It was one hell of a gig! I have so much to read/watch/listen now...

That was really great to meet Chris² and Chavi. These chicks are the most insane groupies i've ever been with. I really had a great time with you guys. We should do it again sometimes...

I'll try to post some videos soon...

Time to catch things up now...

cheers

:laugh3: Are we ?? Hahaha !! did we scream a bit too loud ?

I still cant believe you asked the security guy to take us with him ! you so wanted to get rid of us.. :disappointed: :lol:

it was nice to meet you ! and yeah definitely ! next time Coldplay's in the country WE ARE there !!! :D

OK so here is my first review :

Didn't sleep a lot last night (way too excited). I arrived at the POPB at 8:30 hoping to be the first there but HOLY SHIT there was 14 persons (3 of them had slept here). I've waited there on my own till 11am, I was freezing. Cuuliem and Chavi arrived with the sun around 11 and 11:30 am, my skin was now burning.

We heard a first soundcheck around 15h, Chris was repeating lotsa time the same part of VLV as if he had a problem with it. They sang Lost and VH too, though it was hard to hear them clearly.

Later we started to have wind problems, and around 17pm we were under the rain. Cha Buckland came to say hello and brought us some sort of Coldplay posters (from a radio promo) she was finding on trees hehe...

There were another soundcheck around 17:30 with GPASUYF, VLV (chorus now), VH and LiT.

Doors opened at 18:40 (instead of 18:30, we were getting nervous XD).

We turned out to be pretty good at running so the three of us arrived first row, I'd say in front of Chris but we were actually on Jonny's side.

Well what i'm goin to say is very personal so don't blame me but I started to notice once I was inside that something was wrong, I wasn't feeling THAT excited now I was in.

I was afraid of that kind of feeling cause i've been going to too much concerts recently, and in a way I was excepting to be as impressed (by the venue and the crowd) as I was in 2005 though it couldn't happen cause 2005 was my very first concert ever and also first concert of Coldplay.

So AH.Jr... arrived, he wasn't that bad, I actually enjoyed few songs even if I wouldn't listen to him at home XD

Chavi and I were trying to yell his name in order to make him feel as if he had a very good crowd, quite fun.

We noticed everything was quite slow (they opened the gates later than what they had announced, they started the concert later ...etc), apparently they wanted the concert to finish around 23:30 so they had to start later.

The roadies came and I asked Chavi to help me finding Miller cause I had my beautiful ''Spreading the R#42 love'' banner... I tried to yell and call him or other roadies but none of them was paying attention to meus. Doesn't matter.

The rap song was on, I knew the concert was about to start, I was feeling less and less excited and that was getting me worried.

LiT - Holy shit, that's Coldplay, I'm back again very closed to them though something's wrong, why the hell am I not impressed, do I actually realise I'm in front of Coldplay or am I on another planet right now ?

I was trying to feel excited, I was just feeling STRANGE even though I was jumping and yelling...

(Now the concert is over I think that I wouldn't have felt like that if I had been in the back of the venue cause I would have feel the crowd, you can't do that when you're first row, everyone's in your back... ANYWAY it doesn't matter that much now)

VH - didn't have time to think cause Chavi told me it was the right time to put our masks cause Chris would look at the crowd. The truth is, we weren't seeing that good with our masks so we haven't even been able to say if they noticed us XD. Maybe we'll try again tomorrow... I mean in few hours !

Clocks / SOS / In My Place - Perfect too (still feeling strange but enjoying it nonetheless)

Cemeteries - Oh gosh, I didn't know how it would sound on live (I wanted to keep the surprise as it's my fav song of the new album), Chris asked if we were ready to sing with him and he started and, well, still that strange feeling which made me thought ''ouch, I'm not finding it magic, i'll start to feel really bad in few minutes if it turns out that I am not enjoying myself a lot at a concert of my fav band...''

Btw, don't worry : the song itself was perfect, problem was coming from ME.

Then Chinese Sleep Chant, 42 and Fix You which started to wake me suddenly up, I was jumping, singing, and feelin GOOD for the first time. I don't know what had happened in my head, maybe I was too stressed about not liking them, I just dunno... now the concert was really starting for me !!!

Strawberry Swing - I adored it (crowd was great too).

and there OMG THE B-STAGE PART !

So I really don't know what happened in my brain on that night but I totally felt like crying cause it was just AWESOME (I also didn't know how would sound GPASUYF). It was just... I dunno I don't have words, it was like perfect, it was totally THE BEST OF COLDPLAY, it was the reason Coldplay is one of my fav band, it was HAPPINESS. Same thing about Talk, and The Hardest Part which really moved me, I swear I was about to cry...

We might have had RoL around there (I don't exactly remember when), which was awesome too. Chris playing alone. I wasn't on earth anymore but this time nothing to be worried abouth : it was just way too awesome.

VLV and Lost killed me as I was jumping and enjoying them too much hehe they wereeeee bloody goooooooood

Crowd didn't stop singing the wowowow (as usual now, cause Chris asked us to go on) and it lasted quite a lot till our voices were leaving us hehe.

Then they went up there to sing The Scientist and Death, I wasn't disappointed AT ALL by The Scientist, I thought I would prefer the normal one but this acoustic attempt was very nice. I enjoyed Will voice too.

Then maybe it's gonna seem stupid but the VLV remix during the encore was AMAZING, everyone started to sing the wowowow again and the whole venue turned on their phones and waved the screens in the air while singing, it was like dancing stars, it was brilliant. I was feeling SO GOOD, I swear you should see that on video !!!! (I don't have any camera so I hope some people filmed that)

Politik Lovers and DAAHF were perfect. Btw I wasn't disturbed at all by the fact Politik was played that late, was a good idea to put it there after the first encore !

Someone fainted during DAAHF so we all stopped singing for few minutes (I mean, those who were first row), wasn't very annoying though.

We noticed Miller was just in front of us taking pics after Lovers so I took back my banner and put it on his way, we saw him smiling few times without stopping in front of my banner though...

Before leaving Chris read few banners and Guy took pics of the crowd (and Miller took pics of Guy taking a pic of us, and I even think Chavi took a pic of Miller taking a pic of Guy who was taking a pic of us XD), then Millers took pics of the crowd but Chavi and I couldn't be on them.

The band came back after another very ''wowowowow-ish'' encore (hehe) to play yellow, which I thought would be strange as an end but it turned out to be quite a good idea.

I tried to take few pics of Chris with my phone during yellow in order to keep a little something from this concert, but I quickly noticed Miller was back in front of me so I grabbed my banner in order to insist XD

The band left after an AMAZING SHOW which I didn't find short : I was really satisfied and felt like I have had everything I wanted.

Before leaving we saw Miller taking pics of the Crowd again and once again Chavi and I weren't on it, so I waved my banner and then Miller turned to me smiling and he took pics of Chavi and I holding our banners, then he told me ''can I keep this one please ?'' so I agreed with an ''OF COURSE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'' (<= too excited XD) and he left laughing.

We then didn't have much time to share everything we wanted to share cause we had to take butterflies for Cha, find lotsa friends...etc

Chavi, Cha and I took a pic of us with the masks XD

We left around OO:OOam but we're going back there in few hours XD

I apologize if this review sucks, I'm really TIRED and I'm waking up in 3 hours XD wuuuuuuuuuhhhhh !

Jeez!! now I understand why you slept only an hour and a half that day!

Just wanted to put a public shout out to Camille (Chris²) who is officially my hero!!!

Me and my friend randomly decided in July that we wanted to go to Paris and thankfully Camille was happy to sell me the tickets for no profit and send them to the UK extremely quickly.

Thanks again Camille.... i owe you one!

and thanks camille for buying my extra ticket for a 50cent profit. It's official i'm a scalper

Wow An A !! thank you Patricia :dance: :p

I understand. Having a seat is really great. If I had one I wouldve been able to stalk A LOT more... and you dont have the sweat problem with strangers being too close to you, YUCK ! BUT, thanks to standing tix I had the best spot in the room :D

Are you saying I was sweating?..

Where's my Deo?

:laugh3: Are we ?? Hahaha !! did we scream a bit too loud ?

I still cant believe you asked the security guy to take us with him ! you so wanted to get rid of us.. :disappointed: :lol:

it was nice to meet you ! and yeah definitely ! next time Coldplay's in the country WE ARE there !!! :D

I was trying to trade you with the bottle of water!! i was thirsty!!

(off topic : I'm thinking about going to Houston and Dallas to see them in November)

FUCK !!! take me with you :stunned:

Wow! You looked like a homeless, I should have given you those 50Cents I've scalped from camille the day before

Yes, you shouldve. I would have bought myself another plastic bag :disappointed: :lol:

Are you saying I was sweating?..

Where's my Deo?

you werent even next to me.. :rolleyes:

Stephane was......... JUST KIDDING :P