✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

09-Sep-2008: The Bercy, Paris - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ame=http://www.dailymotion.com/search/coldplay/video/x6qibh_coldplay-live-in-paris-bercy-909200_music]Dailymotion - Coldplay live in Paris Bercy 9/09/2008, a video from coldtof. Coldplay, live@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x6qibh@@AMEPARAM@@x6qibh[/ame]

no word.

DETHEO

Detheo : thank you so much for sharing. I left Bercy right after the concert. It didn't spring to mind to go and wait at the artists' entrance. It was so hot in the hall. No wonder Chris sweated that much. The pictures you've put online are great and I envy you to have eventually met them in the flesh and get autographs.:) I saw when the group climbed up the stairs and walked up to your side. I was seating in the opposite of where you were. Nice surprise for you to see them that close when one thinks you were far away from the stage.

Hi everyone,

Amazing reports there, nothing I can add that hasn't already been said about the gig... It was really memorable and emotional -I almost cried when Politik came up, dunno why. I'd been waiting to see Coldplay live for at least three years; that was when I first started listening to them. Okay I'm starting to ramble now... The truth is that this night was even more unique for me for two reasons, and I wanted to share these with you guys on the board.

First of all, when they sang the Scientist and Death Will Never Conquer (among the crowd), I was RIGHT behind them. It was nuts. I did not expect to see them that well since we were sitting THREE DAYS away from the stage and I never thought they'd come nowhere near us but THEY DID. Haha sorry for getting hysterical but just thinking about that moment makes my heart race. I did film the entire performance but my camera f***ed up during the Scientist. I'm trying to upload my video of Will singing Death Will Never Conquer on YouTube but it's taking a really long time, so I'll update this post as soon as I can. The vid is shot from behind but I had to work with what I had :D

Video-

[media=250,150,0,3]

[/media]

Random screenshot-

vlcsnap-397197.png

That was just insane, they were soooo close. I kept shouting Jonny's name but he probably didn't hear me lol.

And then something else even better happened. We went to try and meet them...

At first I was a wee bit reluctant to wait for them after the show was over, because I didn't want to be all stalkerish. But I knew I would regret not doing it as well, and I couldn't miss the opportunity (even if it meant being a bit delusional). So we went to the artists' entrance -or in this case, exit, and waited. We waited for a couple of hours (we kept telling ourselves that if we were going to stalk, we might as well do it in a professional manner); my emotions were still running high from the concert and then it was my last night in Paris so I didn't mind staying out until very late.

Aaaanyway, the cars kept moving around, security people were looking at us thinking we're weirdos etc., it was quite an experience. But in the end it was all very rewarding because Jonny and Will came out around 2am.

The shots are blurry because I was shaking, and my camera's a bit rubbish..

Photo035.jpg

I literally couldn't breathe because it was SO intimidating, seeing Jonny f***ing Buckand standing right there in front of me. The first thing I told him was 'amazing gig, that was a great performance' and he said 'oh thanks, thank you very much' and then my mind just went blank because I was so scared and starstruck at the same time. He was very friendly, smiling and signing autographs, but still keeping a somewhat respectful distance (you can really tell he's very shy. it's very odd and endearing at the same time). I remember thinking that he was tall, and that he had nice Chucks. Other than that... :confused:

Photo038.jpg

Will on the other hand was brillant with the fans, he even took a couple of pictures with the other girls that were waiting. When he came up to me, I handed him my pen and he didn't know if he was supposed to take it or use his own so it was a bit awkward for a few seconds; but then he laughed and said 'I've got my own pen' and I said 'ooh okay classy'. I couldn't believe I was in front of Will Champion, my brain really couldn't adjust. He was very well-dressed, wearing a very expensive-looking suit ;) so he was even more handsome than usual.

They eventually left -there were three cars coming out, and I'm pretty sure I saw a dark-haired person in the second one, and that had to be Guy. Gutted I didn't get to see him but I'm not complaining :D (and to be fair, I did see him quite well during the gig, hee).

Photo042.jpg

Ten minutes later, Chris arrived and he was downright amazing. I dunno why people think he's arrogant.. He immediately started signing autographs and then I said 'amazing performance, I've been waiting for this gig for ages' (dont know why I said that, my brain wasn't working properly), he said something like "aaaww thanks it was good wasn't it? I thought it was really great this time around" and he started talking about how last time was terrible -I asked him what happened but he was already talking to somebody else lol. He took pictures with everyone and my bloody camera didn't work the first time we posed together, it was embarassing. I kept apologising afterwards, but he was like "don't worry it's okay, everyone's going to have a picture" and he was being really nice to everyone.

So that's my pic with Chris-

Photo044.jpg

I've resized it cause I look terrible on it, I hate pictures..

Photo046.jpg

Another random pic of Chris... I was too distracted to take proper pictures tbh!

But what an amazing night, it was all really worth it.

And all that stuff is nothing compared to the actual gig which... I mean, I'd been waiting for it so badly I thought I'd be disappointed but I wasn't. They totally delivered; the setlist was brillant and the Viva la Vida songs were so good live! And then all the unexpected little things such as the piano version of the Hardest Part, the acoustic version of the Scientist etc.

Legend really. I can't wait to see them live again.

wwwoooowww thanks

your pic with Chris is nice...

yep Chris isn't arrogant... he is a lovely person with fans

and Will is super cool!!!

thanks for sharing your story and pics :)

Thanks for sharing it with us! :)

God, I wish I stayed :p I also left Bercy just after the concert, that place is so huge that I didn't know from where they would actually go out, and I was sure to miss them anyway... wrong choice lol

The guys are really great! thanks for telling your story

Detheo, that was a wonderful story to read! Thanks for sharing. It's really something that you could just walk right in there and no one gave you any problems. And yet it was only how many fans waiting for them?

Aw, you met shy Jonny. :blush: He is so nice and my favorite of course! In your pic he is wearing the shirt (and jacket too i think) that he wore for soundcheck at the Today Show on 6-27. I love seeing them in their casual clothes. Your Chris pic is great and you look cute. You are taller than me! :D I looked like a tiny person next to Jonny.

Did you come from UK to see them at this gig? I'm so glad you got to meet them and thanks again for telling us about it and showing your pictures!:D

Hi everyone,

Amazing reports there, nothing I can add that hasn't already been said about the gig... It was really memorable and emotional -I almost cried when Politik came up, dunno why. I'd been waiting to see Coldplay live for at least three years; that was when I first started listening to them. Okay I'm starting to ramble now... The truth is that this night was even more unique for me for two reasons, and I wanted to share these with you guys on the board.

First of all, when they sang the Scientist and Death Will Never Conquer (among the crowd), I was RIGHT behind them. It was nuts. I did not expect to see them that well since we were sitting THREE DAYS away from the stage and I never thought they'd come nowhere near us but THEY DID. Haha sorry for getting hysterical but just thinking about that moment makes my heart race. I did film the entire performance but my camera f***ed up during the Scientist. I'm trying to upload my video of Will singing Death Will Never Conquer on YouTube but it's taking a really long time, so I'll update this post as soon as I can. The vid is shot from behind but I had to work with what I had :D

Video-

[media=250,150,0,3]

[/media]

Random screenshot-

vlcsnap-397197.png

That was just insane, they were soooo close. I kept shouting Jonny's name but he probably didn't hear me lol.

And then something else even better happened. We went to try and meet them...

At first I was a wee bit reluctant to wait for them after the show was over, because I didn't want to be all stalkerish. But I knew I would regret not doing it as well, and I couldn't miss the opportunity (even if it meant being a bit delusional). So we went to the artists' entrance -or in this case, exit, and waited. We waited for a couple of hours (we kept telling ourselves that if we were going to stalk, we might as well do it in a professional manner); my emotions were still running high from the concert and then it was my last night in Paris so I didn't mind staying out until very late.

Aaaanyway, the cars kept moving around, security people were looking at us thinking we're weirdos etc., it was quite an experience. But in the end it was all very rewarding because Jonny and Will came out around 2am.

The shots are blurry because I was shaking, and my camera's a bit rubbish..

Photo035.jpg

I literally couldn't breathe because it was SO intimidating, seeing Jonny f***ing Buckand standing right there in front of me. The first thing I told him was 'amazing gig, that was a great performance' and he said 'oh thanks, thank you very much' and then my mind just went blank because I was so scared and starstruck at the same time. He was very friendly, smiling and signing autographs, but still keeping a somewhat respectful distance (you can really tell he's very shy. it's very odd and endearing at the same time). I remember thinking that he was tall, and that he had nice Chucks. Other than that... :confused:

Photo038.jpg

Will on the other hand was brillant with the fans, he even took a couple of pictures with the other girls that were waiting. When he came up to me, I handed him my pen and he didn't know if he was supposed to take it or use his own so it was a bit awkward for a few seconds; but then he laughed and said 'I've got my own pen' and I said 'ooh okay classy'. I couldn't believe I was in front of Will Champion, my brain really couldn't adjust. He was very well-dressed, wearing a very expensive-looking suit ;) so he was even more handsome than usual.

They eventually left -there were three cars coming out, and I'm pretty sure I saw a dark-haired person in the second one, and that had to be Guy. Gutted I didn't get to see him but I'm not complaining :D (and to be fair, I did see him quite well during the gig, hee).

Photo042.jpg

Ten minutes later, Chris arrived and he was downright amazing. I dunno why people think he's arrogant.. He immediately started signing autographs and then I said 'amazing performance, I've been waiting for this gig for ages' (dont know why I said that, my brain wasn't working properly), he said something like "aaaww thanks it was good wasn't it? I thought it was really great this time around" and he started talking about how last time was terrible -I asked him what happened but he was already talking to somebody else lol. He took pictures with everyone and my bloody camera didn't work the first time we posed together, it was embarassing. I kept apologising afterwards, but he was like "don't worry it's okay, everyone's going to have a picture" and he was being really nice to everyone.

Photo044.jpg

Photo046.jpg

Another random pic of Chris... I was too distracted to take proper pictures tbh!

But what an amazing night, it was all really worth it.

And all that stuff is nothing compared to the actual gig which... I mean, I'd been waiting for it so badly I thought I'd be disappointed but I wasn't. They totally delivered; the setlist was brillant and the Viva la Vida songs were so good live! And then all the unexpected little things such as the piano version of the Hardest Part, the acoustic version of the Scientist etc.

Legend really. I can't wait to see them live again.

OMG how great!!!! what time did they come out? I'm so stalking after october 2nds gig... I won't be at the concert but I will be outside after! :dance:

edit: you're proably in that other video that showed up then aren't you?

and your pic looks great!

Wow thanks guys for all the comments :)

Wonder why Will had a suit on when Chris and Jon look as scruffy as ever.
He was incredibly classy, it was jaw-dropping!! We were also wondering why he was so well-dressed... also he waved to say goodbye when he was in the car which I thought was really cute lol.

I left Bercy right after the concert. It didn't spring to mind to go and wait at the artists' entrance. It was so hot in the hall. No wonder Chris sweated that much. The pictures you've put online are great and I envy you to have eventually met them in the flesh and get autographs.:) I saw when the group climbed up the stairs and walked up to your side. I was seating in the opposite of where you were. Nice surprise for you to see them that close when one thinks you were far away from the stage.
Yeaaah I know, we were thrilled that they came right in front of us when they could have picked anywhere else really! I've got a lucky star somewhere :D

But you probably got a closer look at them as well if you were sitting opposite to us. In any case, I'm really glad they did that, going all the way up there and singing, it was so unexpected..

Chris wrote "love" on my autograph. It's on my wall right now. Lol. Such a fangirl! :blush:

Detheo, that was a wonderful story to read! Thanks for sharing. It's really something that you could just walk right in there and no one gave you any problems. And yet it was only how many fans waiting for them?

Aw, you met shy Jonny. :blush: He is so nice and my favorite of course! In your pic he is wearing the shirt (and jacket too i think) that he wore for soundcheck at the Today Show on 6-27. I love seeing them in their casual clothes. Your Chris pic is great and you look cute. You are taller than me! :D I looked like a tiny person next to Jonny.

Did you come from UK to see them at this gig? I'm so glad you got to meet them and thanks again for telling us about it and showing your pictures!:D

Aww thanks. Yeah no one said anything, there was plenty of security people around, going back and forth but they never asked us to leave or anything. There wasn't that many people waiting around, maybe 10 people or 15, which made it easier to talk to them.

Haha I'm not that tall really xD I was soooo embarrassed when my camera didn't work the first time; I was the first one posing with him and everyone was waiting and staring at us... and I was so intimidated, even my knees were shaking. I can't believe he was so 'normal' though; when he was talking to me he was looking at me directly and I could not believe it was Chris Martin, this voice I'd listened to all those years and whose music means so much to me, to all of us I'm sure... I know it was just a random meeting and it was a bit awkward too because I admire them so much but... I'm running out of words to describe the whole thing lol.

I live in France, but I'm in the UK now for an internship. So this week was actually completely insane, meeting Coldplay and then moving out to another country..

And it's no worries, I'm very happy you guys are responding so well and not thinking I'm a creepy stalker :lol:

OMG how great!!!! what time did they come out? I'm so stalking after october 2nds gig... I won't be at the concert but I will be outside after! :dance:

edit: you're proably in that other video that showed up then aren't you?

and your pic looks great!

They came out quite late, around 1.30am for Jonny and Will, 2am for Chris.

Hahaha if you want to go and wait for them, doooo it, they're so nice :) I think Jonny actually recognised one of the girls that was waiting with us because he thanked her for coming again which meant he'd seen her before *sigh*

Aww thanks. Yeah no one said anything, there was plenty of security people around, going back and forth but they never asked us to leave or anything. There wasn't that many people waiting around, maybe 10 people or 15, which made it easier to talk to them.

Haha I'm not that tall really xD I was soooo embarrassed when my camera didn't work the first time; I was the first one posing with him and everyone was waiting and staring at us... and I was so intimidated, even my knees were shaking. I can't believe he was so 'normal' though; when he was talking to me he was looking at me directly and I could not believe it was Chris Martin, this voice I'd listened to all those years and whose music means so much to me, to all of us I'm sure... I know it was just a random meeting and it was a bit awkward too because I admire them so much but... I'm running out of words to describe the whole thing lol.

I live in France, but I'm in the UK now for an internship. So this week was actually completely insane, meeting Coldplay and then moving out to another country..

And it's no worries, I'm very happy you guys are responding so well and not thinking I'm a creepy stalker :lol:

They came out quite late, around 1.30am for Jonny and Will, 2am for Chris.

Hahaha if you want to go and wait for them, doooo it, they're so nice :) I think Jonny actually recognised one of the girls that was waiting with us because he thanked her for coming again which meant he'd seen her before *sigh*

:stunned: Oo, thanks for adding this little detail! Maybe he will remember me too! :D I'm counting on it! But it will have been a few months since he last saw me when he sees me again. Hmmm...we'll see!

MEL! Angie! Did you hear that? Jonny remembers fans!

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

:stunned: Oo, thanks for adding this little detail! Maybe he will remember me too! :D I'm counting on it! But it will have been a few months since he last saw me when he sees me again. Hmmm...we'll see!

MEL! Angie! Did you hear that? Jonny remembers fans!

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

:bomb::bomb::bomb:

This gig was the best gig of my life!! It was amazing! I did get some strange looks though,I was jumping up and down like an idiot for every song! Oh yeah,it got so warm in the stadium,I looked like I had been thrown in the shower by the end of it!

How did you come to be in Paris??:confused:

How did you come to be in Paris??:confused:

As a graduation present I was given a ticket to see Coldplay in Paris as all the Glasgow dates had sold out! So... I was in london for the weekend before and then got the eurostar to paris for a couple of days,saw coldplay,then went to barcelona for a few more days and now I'm home!

As a graduation present I was given a ticket to see Coldplay in Paris as all the Glasgow dates had sold out! So... I was in london for the weekend before and then got the eurostar to paris for a couple of days,saw coldplay,then went to barcelona for a few more days and now I'm home!

So how much did the entire trip set you back??

Photo042.jpg

Photo044.jpg

Photo046.jpg

wow that Cap Chris is wearing i love it,i love when he wears caps and is shaved perfectly like he did in Today show....

Great that you took a picture and met with him.

i use a Canon camera so i think it'll not create problems to me if i meet and take photos with him...:thinking: