✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

30-Sep-2008: Datchforum, Milan - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at work and I don't have time to write anything meaningful right now..but this concert kicked ass seriously, I'm still over the moon..front row, Don't Panic and a tiny little bit of Shiver, everyone singing every single note of every single song, their huge smiles from beginning to end

it was epic..I still can't believe they actually changed the setlist from the night before :nice:

pics and videos (just two) to follow whenever I have time

Man....check out this article.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1752611.ece

I wish Chris Martin would have taken his shirt off during my concert :(

This was the night before, a friend of mine texted me thanking god about this..and I didn't even notice..booo me :disappointed:

Coldplay, le scalette (e le differenze) delle due date italiane: Bologna 29/9 e Milano 30/9

ColdplayLive2008.JPG

Le due tappe italiane dei Coldplay hanno confermato l’amore del nostro paese per la band inglese. Non solo per il tutto esaurito avvenuto con largo anticipo: lo si è visto soprattutto dalle reazioni in rete su siti, blog e community varie (Soundsblog compreso!) di questi giorni. A proposito: i palloncini che hanno invaso il parterre sono merito dei ragazzi del sito italiano ColdplayZone.

Poco importa se la voce di Chris Martin non fosse al massimo della forma (soprattutto a Bologna): l’ovazione è stata totale. Tanto che ad Assago, sommerso dal calore dei fan, il leader della band s’è lanciato (e ci piace credergli) con queste parole: “siete il miglior pubblico che abbiamo mai avuto”, riferendosi proprio all’Italia.

Dopo avervi mostrato la nostra galleria di immagini della data milanese, di seguito vi riportiamo le scalette delle due serate. Sostanzialmente uguali, riportano qualche piccola variazione: mentre a Bologna hanno suonato “The Hardest Part”, il pubblico accorso a Milano ha potuto sentire in più un accenno acustico di “Don’t Panic” e “Reign Of Love” oltre a “Shiver”. Di seguito le due tracklist dettagliate.

http://www.soundsblog.it/post/5261/coldplay-le-scalette-e-le-differenze-delle-due-date-italiane-bologna-299-e-milano-309

Don't Panic, ci sono i Coldplay!

Arrivo al Forum e rimango subito sorpreso, il pubblico dei Coldplay è molto eterogeneo, mi sarei aspettato un audience prevalentemente fra i 20 e 30 anni e invece il range di età arriva tranquillamente ai 50. La mia “vicina” sotto il palco chiama la babysitter per mettere a letto il figlio non oltre le 9:30, lei è un esempio delle fan più accanite del buon Chris Martin!

La musica dei Coldplay ha saputo conquistare tutti nel corso degli anni ed il concerto ti fa capire il perché!

Chris Martin è un vero trascinatore: corre, salta, cerca di coinvolgere il pubblico anche a scapito del cantato. Il concerto è ricco di sorprese, alla fine di una passerella è allestito un mini palco dove eseguono quattro canzoni e al termine di una pausa compaiono al secondo anello per eseguire la versione acustica di “The Scientist”.

Lo spettacolo è ricco di emozioni, le canzoni già molto coinvolgenti su cd sanno dare quel qualcosa in più anche per merito di un pubblico caldissimo che canta dal primo all’ultimo minuto, una vera perla “Fix You”, praticamente un duetto con il pubblico.

Chris Martin si rivela un vero animale da palco, scherzoso negli atteggiamenti con il pubblico ed estremamente coinvolgente nella esecuzione delle canzoni, una cosa non da tutti!

Unica pecca forse l’esecuzione di alcuni bellissimi brani, Talk su tutti, in versione “techno”, cosa di cui avrei fatto volentieri a meno.

Comunque decisamente un concerto che ti lascia soddisfatto, felice di gridare ”Viva la Vida”!

P.S: Consiglio al pubblico maschile: in caso la vostra ragazza vi chieda di accompagnarla al concerto dei Coldplay e a voi non piacciono non fatelo, evitereste che la ragazza guardi sognante Chris Martin e poi si volti sconsolata verso di voi. A me piacciono i Coldplay, ma la cosa non l’ho evitata.

ChrisMartin.jpg

http://www.whatyoulove.it/2008/10/03/don%E2%80%99t-panic-ci-sono-i-coldplay/

^ Maybe being on the front with everyone around you singing covered Chris' voice a bit..I don't know, I think he sounded great too :D

Coldplay, le scalette (e le differenze) delle due date italiane: Bologna 29/9 e Milano 30/9

Translation:

The two concerts of Coldplay in Italy confirmed how much our country loves the English band. Not just for the soldout: it could be seen by the reactions on networking sites, blogs and various communities (including Soundsblog!) these days. By the way: the balloons that have invaded the parterre were there thanks to the Italian site ColdplayZone.

It really doesn't matter that Chris Martin's voice was not the best (especially in Bologna): the acclamation was total. So much so that in Assago, overwhelmed by the warmth of the fans, the band leader said (and we want to believe him): "you are the best audience we've ever had," referring to Italy.

After showing you our gallery of pictures from Milan, here's the setlist for both nights. They're mostly the same, showing some small changes: while in Bologna they played "The Hardest Part", the audience in Milan was able to hear also "Don't Panic" and "Reign Of Love" and part of "Shiver". Here's the two detailed setlist.

Don't Panic, ci sono i Coldplay!

Translation:

Don't Panic..Coldplay are here!

I arrive at the Forum and I'm surprised that Coldplay audience is very heterogeneous, I would have expected mostly people in their 20s and 30s but the age range to 50. My "neighbour" on the rail called the babysitter telling her to put the son in bed no later than 9:30, she is an example of the most die-hard fans of Chris Martin!

The music of Coldplay has managed to conquer everyone over the years and the concert makes you understand why!

Chris Martin is a real enchanter: he runs, jumps, trying to involve the public even at the expense of his singing. The concert is full of surprises, at the end of a catwalk there's a mini stage where they perform four songs and after a break they appear in the second ring to do the acoustic version of "The Scientist".

The show is full of emotions, songs already very enthralling on CD are even better thanks to a fervent audience singing from beginning to end, "Fix You" is a real gem, a duet with the public.

Chris Martin is a true stage animal, playful in his attitudes with the public and extremely enthralling while performing, which is something not everyone can do!

The only flaw is perhaps how they played some beautiful songs, Talk above all, in a "techno" style, which I would have gladly done without.

However definitely a concert that leaves you satisfied, happy to shout "Viva la Vida"!

PS: Advise for the male audience: If your girlfriend asks you to accompany her to see Coldplay and you don't like them, don't do that, you would prevent your girlfriend from looking dreamly at Chris Martin before turning disconsolate towards you. I like Coldplay, but I didn't avoid this scene.

Italians are hiding here, wtf I don't want to be alone writing reviews for the shows in Bologna and Milan :disappointed:

well anyway..still hyper excited from the night before I managed to sleep only 2hours in order to take the 5:30 am train from Bologna to Milan. Once arrived we met with another friend and went to leave backpacks at the hotel we were going to stay after the concert.

We arrived at the Datchforum at about 10, and already more than 30 people were waiting, some were there as early as 7, if not before.

The weather was not as good as the day before but luckily it didn't rain. Time passed til at 5pm they started to control the tickets and one hour later the doors opened. I swear running to catch the rail is something exausting, I tried to follow some friends of mine (coldpatrix being one of them), they were on the right were the catwalk begins, but I realised there was still a spot on the rail more to the center, and yes second night on the front, I still can't believe it :nice:

Had with me my banner for Guy once again (which he saw and sported again a huge smile seeing it :wacky:), you never know they could play just a tiny bit of CoW, but there were so many other banners requesting songs that I knew it was more easy for them to play Shiver like three years ago.

I don't want to go through every song, but the concert was even better than Bologna, Chris played Don't Panic and Reign of Love as you already know, and everyone there in front went crazy, fans from both the Italian fansites so you get how the atmosphere was. Chris even recognised my banner while introducing Cemeteries of London and told me "Ok see you in Dublin" at the end of Yellow after reading another banner I made..I know, stupid things but hey, since I never met him in person that's the closest I got :P

Well words can't describe how fantastic this concert was..just read Millers's blog and you get what I mean, we are LOUDEST audience and we love them :cool:

I'm already counting down the days to Dublin, I would be utterly depressed if I didn't have other gigs to look forward to, and insanity is telling me to take the opportunity and add Belfast as well now that it has been rescheduled, we'll see :lol:

and now I'm gonna upload my two videos on youtube, Don't Panic+Reign of Love+Postcards and Chinese Sleep Chant (even thought for the second the audio is not the best). I'll post the link when they're done :)

Hi guys,

it was nice to see the link to my video of "Yellow" on the first page, but strange enough, you're missing the other one I posted (Politik)

So here's the link which can be added to the other one. Quality is top-notch, it was taped with a very good camcorder (my suggestion is to choose the high-quality option):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvaSx4GuwbI]YouTube - Coldplay Politik DatchForum Milano 30/9/08[/ame]

By the way, I really loved the tecno-set, it really shows how open-minded these guys can be :)

Italians are hiding here, wtf I don't want to be alone writing reviews for the shows in Bologna and Milan :disappointed:

well anyway..still hyper excited from the night before I managed to sleep only 2hours in order to take the 5:30 am train from Bologna to Milan. Once arrived we met with another friend and went to leave backpacks at the hotel we were going to stay after the concert.

We arrived at the Datchforum at about 10, and already more than 30 people were waiting, some were there as early as 7, if not before.

The weather was not as good as the day before but luckily it didn't rain. Time passed til at 5pm they started to control the tickets and one hour later the doors opened. I swear running to catch the rail is something exausting, I tried to follow some friends of mine (coldpatrix being one of them), they were on the right were the catwalk begins, but I realised there was still a spot on the rail more to the center, and yes second night on the front, I still can't believe it :nice:

Had with me my banner for Guy once again (which he saw and sported again a huge smile seeing it :wacky:), you never know they could play just a tiny bit of CoW, but there were so many other banners requesting songs that I knew it was more easy for them to play Shiver like three years ago.

I don't want to go through every song, but the concert was even better than Bologna, Chris played Don't Panic and Reign of Love as you already know, and everyone there in front went crazy, fans from both the Italian fansites so you get how the atmosphere was. Chris even recognised my banner while introducing Cemeteries of London and told me "Ok see you in Dublin" at the end of Yellow after reading another banner I made..I know, stupid things but hey, since I never met him in person that's the closest I got :P

Well words can't describe how fantastic this concert was..just read Millers's blog and you get what I mean, we are LOUDEST audience and we love them :cool:

I'm already counting down the days to Dublin, I would be utterly depressed if I didn't have other gigs to look forward to, and insanity is telling me to take the opportunity and add Belfast as well now that it has been rescheduled, we'll see :lol:

and now I'm gonna upload my two videos on youtube, Don't Panic+Reign of Love+Postcards and Chinese Sleep Chant (even thought for the second the audio is not the best). I'll post the link when they're done :)

Insanity pays off ! :D:D:D