✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

30-Sep-2008: Datchforum, Milan - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you got part in the latest competition from coldplay.com maybe you can win the two front row tickets

even though I don't know how they can grant you to be, or better say, to remain front row since is a standing gig and people are gonna fight for it :laugh3::laugh3:

Woot I really hope too, if they're doing Festivals next year then there is only one they can do in Italy, the Heineken Jammin Festival, and it's in Venice :D

I actually thought about going to Budapest since it's two years in a row I'm going there for the Sziget Festival and I know the city, but I had problems with taking other days off work.

I'm sure you will enjoy the show and let's hope they will do like last year's South American tour and sing some old songs :nice:

• 3 weeks later...

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Speed of Sound

Cementeries of London

Chinese Sleep Chant

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put a Smile Upon Your Face (B-stage)

Talk (B-stage)

Dont' Panic (Acoustic)

Reign Of Love (Acoustic)

Postcards From Far Away

Viva la Vida

Lost!

The Scientist (Acoustic)

Death Will Never Conquer

-----

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death and All His Friends

-----

Yellow

Shiver (Acoustic Part)

The Escapist

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Speed of Sound

Cementeries of London

Chinese Sleep Chant

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put a Smile Upon Your Face (B-stage)

Talk (B-stage)

Dont' Panic (Acoustic)

Reign Of Love (Acoustic)

Postcards From Far Away

Viva la Vida

Lost!

The Scientist (Acoustic)

Death Will Never Conquer

-----

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death and All His Friends

-----

Yellow

Shiver (Acoustic Part)

The Escapist

Fookin hell!:stunned:

Milan.

I’m writing this one from the Oxfam and Ucodep stall on the concourse. The crowd are singing along to a special acoustic version of ‘The Scientist’..

The hallway just got cleared.. I know what that means! Here they come..

The band just ran past the Oxfam stall. Chris Martin waved at some of the volunteers who were standing here. That was a good moment for us to remember. They are now back on stage, playing ‘Politik’. The stobe lights are flashing, and Will Champion is beating the life out of those drums! “Open up your eyes!”.

Maybe that’s what our volunteers helped some of the crowd do tonight before they went in. Open up their eyes, on the issue of Health and Education For All (Salute Acqua Istruzione Per Tutti), in Italiano.

Elisa Bacciotti, the star of popular mobilisation for Oxfam International and Ucodep in Italy, is standing next to me, waiting for the volunteers to come back after the show for one last bit of campaigning, before hopefully, they all head home into the Milan night, with a big smile on their faces!

She very kindly translated my briefing earlier to the volunteers. My Italian is terrible. Here’s a few words from her..

“Come on Pete! My English is terrible too! We really worked well together. It’s really something exciting to be here! If I think back in 2003 when I saw Coldplay in Rome, I already worked for Ucodep and I was wondering what could these two horizontal lines on Chris Martin’s hand mean? (Oxfam Make Trade Fair symbol)…Oxfam was not in Italy at the time, Ucodep was a tiny NGO, and here we are, 5 years later, Ucodep and Oxfam at the Coldplay concerts, saying to everybody IL POTERE E NELLE TUE MANI / E ORA DI UN MONDO PIU GIUSTO (YOU‘VE GOT POWER. IT’S TIME FOR JUSTICE)…. Thanks to our 40 volunteers, they were fantastic, really. It was an incredible start up for our PER TUTTI (FOR ALL) campaign!”

I think that’s amazing. I totally agree that the volunteers have been great. However, there is one part I disagree with. Elisa’s English is great!

The volunteers are coming back now with more signed action cards for PER TUTTI. Which just launched here last weekend. These Coldplay fans tonight (cheering for the encore right now)..have the power together to help give us all a fairer world. I am sure that they can be the start of something big for this campaign here in Italy.

The curtain is coming down on the shows in Italy. Coldplay are rounding off another great night with those ‘Yellow’ lights.. It’s been amazing here. I am sad to be leaving so soon. But next up.. We have Oxfam Novib and Rotterdam…

The Oxfam sphere of being shown above the crowd as ‘The Escapist’ plays over the stereo, and the fans leave the venue. Great show. Great group of volunteers. Great night. Job done. Well.. almost.. it’s load-out time again.

http://www.oxfamblogs.org/coldplay/?p=71

Shiver????!!!! Holy Crap!!! I cant begin to express how happy I would be if that song would stay in the setlist. When was the last time they played that?? One of my goals in life is to hear that live before I die as its one of my all time favorites, come on boys make it happen.