June 26, 200818 yr VIDEOS -> http://stereogum.com/archives/video/coldplay-meet-jon-stewart-chris-martin-giggles_010683.html The men of Coldplay are still in NYC after doing their free show at MSG, Chris Martin is still in NYC because I imagine he and Gwyneth have fabulous loft spaces in all of the world's great cities. Yet for the extended stay and the ample closet space, the band refuses to change clothes, right down to Will's sheer shirt and tie combination, and Chris's dusty jacket (it's dirty being revolutionary in the French countryside, guys) with "V" emblazoned white undershirt. My guess? They smell. (Despite the daily dry cleaning.) Regardless, they sound nice on "42," they sound great on "Lost!" which is a bona fide Viva jam, and they make Jon feel silly in his used car salesman suit (which in turn makes Chris effusively giggly). Celebrities, they're neurotic just like us! Except when they channel their neuroses into world-moving entertainment. That's a pretty cool trick. Excellent! I have new found love and respect for Jon Stewart. I never knew he was such a fan of the boys. Bless Him!:nice: And they kicked ass last night!!:thumbsup:
June 26, 200818 yr Someone please rip them, they take ages to load, allthough ive seen them now and they were amazing, its annoying to have to pause them every few seconds because it didnt stream properly :P Yeh, some people are against the dancing :( More crazy dancing from Chris I say :D I agree, more crazy Chris dancing! lol I totally bhangra-ed(or at least tried to) along with him. Their performance was great!
June 26, 200818 yr Best performance I've seen by them on TV this time around, hands down. And Lost live is just awesome, I like it so much better than the album version. Makes me so excited for tour.
June 26, 200818 yr YAAAYYYYYYYYYY finally I can relate to something when you all see something about coldplay on the telly, YEEEEPPPPIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE I saw them on the Daily Show too , omg so cool that I am watching a repeat again of it this arvo Yippeee
June 26, 200818 yr WOOOOT!!! Lost live totally blew my mind. You could see that Jon Stewart looked truly honored for them to be on his show...
June 26, 200818 yr www.thedailyshow.com:[/url] 42 Lost! This is awesome thanks! I thought both performances sounded great! I am sure that they were glad to perform two different songs as that would be more practice for them. Practice makes perfect! :)
June 27, 200818 yr YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY I watched the Daily Show repeat just now, totally awesome, I so wanna go to a CP concert, plz plz guys come to NZ!!!!!!!!! I just love that song LOST:) Chris looked happy and full of laughter on the show!!!!! GO COLDPLAY
June 27, 200818 yr Okay, what is up with iTunes? They still haven't put up this episode! I'm getting very impatient...
June 27, 200818 yr Okay, what is up with iTunes? They still haven't put up this episode! I'm getting very impatient... I've been waiting forever! Hey, we're going to the same concert
June 27, 200818 yr I really loved it. Hearing 42 and Lost! live was great! Jon Stewart is so funny. That part about feeling like a Jackass with his suit was hilarious.
June 27, 200818 yr would a kind soul please upload said videos pronto? oh nvm, someone in multimedia has it
June 27, 200818 yr I've been waiting forever! Hey, we're going to the same concert I know, me too, and it's STILL not up! I hate it when iTunes is slow... And that's awesome! I'm SOOO excited, it's going to be AMAZING.
June 27, 200818 yr They did a spectacular job on the show. Chris felt cool, calm and controlled. Not like the MTV gig. Lost sounded Just like it does on the CD and in 42 I love hearing chris and his impromtu yelling at parts with no words. I cant wait to go to the orlando show!!!
June 27, 200818 yr I loved Lost!, it was great to know that they could pull it off live. On the album it was more distracting and noisy then this live one, but I was sad I couldn't hear Jonny's guitar solo that well.
June 27, 200818 yr I finally saw the episode (on the website, not via torrents)... not bad. Pretty hilarious. Loved that they did two songs. I can watch the full episodes of both Daily Show and Colbert Report from Malaysia! :D Anyone ripped the videos from the Comedy Central site? There's nothing on YouTube since Viacom's just about taken everything down....
June 27, 200818 yr Anyone else convinced that Chris is doing nothing on the acoustic guitar during 42? I can clearly see Johnny playing the first half of the solo... then when the louder guitar kicks in I think that's supposed to be Chris but he doesn't really follow it. And right before the song goes back to "those who are dead" Chris stops playing the guitar to jump on the piano and all the guitar parts keep going (the acoustic is clearly audible even though he's not playing. I love the band and I love the new songs... but I wish they'd perform them with no backing tracks. EDIT: after watching the performance again I can see Johnny playing the heavier lead part in the bridge... but Chris is definitely not playing the original lead part that Johnny just got done playing. The guitar sound never changed.
June 28, 200818 yr Anyone else convinced that Chris is doing nothing on the acoustic guitar during 42? I can clearly see Johnny playing the first half of the solo... then when the louder guitar kicks in I think that's supposed to be Chris but he doesn't really follow it. And right before the song goes back to "those who are dead" Chris stops playing the guitar to jump on the piano and all the guitar parts keep going (the acoustic is clearly audible even though he's not playing. I love the band and I love the new songs... but I wish they'd perform them with no backing tracks. EDIT: after watching the performance again I can see Johnny playing the heavier lead part in the bridge... but Chris is definitely not playing the original lead part that Johnny just got done playing. The guitar sound never changed. That's what bothers me too. Like when they were playing Lost!, Guy is on the big drums and all is fine and dandy until he switches instruments, but there is no change whatsoever in the drum sounds, it's as if he wasn't playing at all. And I could swear I hear the piano in 42 where Chris goes "you thought you might be a ghost" but no one is playing on the piano. But overall it was a great performance.
June 28, 200818 yr I agree with you guys.. I never know what instruments they're really playing anymore....
June 28, 200818 yr :laugh3:Yes, they do seem to be play-acting at times! The Beatles did this as well early on, so it's nothing new actually.. Should I ghost-write them some more music?:P
Create an account or sign in to comment