May 30, 200818 yr I'm right with you. The main reason I have bought tickets to these gigs is in the hope of hearing old stuff. I don't wanna go on about this...but at the IOW I waited all day in the sun at the front for them. It was a great gig.... but...I was truly hoping to hear more old stuff..... Trouble for instance. but it was another X&Y fest. It would be my dream also to hear Daylight live, Marisa. Hey...lets all be pessimists, thinking they won't play these things...then maybe they will surprise. I would actually DIE if they played Spies though. Given up on the hope of Warning Sign!!! I think it would be great if they completely missed Fix You off.... hahaha... piss off all the 'one hit wonder' kind of people in the audience.
May 30, 200818 yr I'm not even gonna go there with B-sides.....lost case!! haha I would love to hear Brothers and Sisters. and Crests of Waves. *sigh*
May 30, 200818 yr I'm right with you. The main reason I have bought tickets to these gigs is in the hope of hearing old stuff. I don't wanna go on about this...but at the IOW I waited all day in the sun at the front for them. It was a great gig.... but...I was truly hoping to hear more old stuff..... Trouble for instance. but it was another X&Y fest. It would be my dream also to hear Daylight live, Marisa. Hey...lets all be pessimists, thinking they won't play these things...then maybe they will surprise. I would actually DIE if they played Spies though. Given up on the hope of Warning Sign!!! I think it would be great if they completely missed Fix You off.... hahaha... piss off all the 'one hit wonder' kind of people in the audience. I was at the IOW too duckette, and felt the same as you. It was pretty much the same set as the two Earl's Court shows (but without Green Eyes for goodness sake!) They played Warning Sign at Crystal Palace. I was delirious there in the rain, with the sun just breaking through the clouds in the distance behind the stage as the lightning crackled around us...it brings tears of joy to my eyes just remembering it :) And the first time I saw them in Japan in '03...up in the green misty mountains where the monks once dwelt...Amsterdam, Moses, Spies...so many incredible songs...they must bring them back!!! If I ever win the lottery, the first thing I'll do is book Coldplay for an intimate private gig, preferably a handful of us just chilling out for an afternoon at the Bakery and throwing them requests (with them free to disregard them or just mess around as they see fit). *dashes off to spend his life savings on lottery tickets*
May 30, 200818 yr Actually, I think it was the "Twisted Logic" tour- or at least, the US leg was. Either way, they didn't play Twisted Logic!!!! Or X & Y, which is, after all, the title of the album. They played X&Y a bit. I don't think they should play Yellow. It's not their most popular song, it's not their best song, I just don't see why they'd waste a slot on the setlist. Fix You can go, it belongs on the X&Y and tour. Square One'll too.
May 30, 200818 yr The only songs I would play off X&Y would be... I actually can't think of anything I'd play. Maybe Low or A Message. Possibly Talk. For me, ignoring the idea of ordering them: From Parachutes, Shiver Yellow Trouble Parachutes From AROBTTH, Politik The Scientist Amsterdam Clocks In My Place From X&Y, Talk From Viva, LIT 42 Violet Hill Yes Viva La Vida DAAHF
May 30, 200818 yr I was at the IOW too duckette, and felt the same as you. It was pretty much the same set as the two Earl's Court shows (but without Green Eyes for goodness sake!) They played Warning Sign at Crystal Palace. I was delirious there in the rain, with the sun just breaking through the clouds in the distance behind the stage as the lightning crackled around us...it brings tears of joy to my eyes just remembering it :) And the first time I saw them in Japan in '03...up in the green misty mountains where the monks once dwelt...Amsterdam, Moses, Spies...so many incredible songs...they must bring them back!!! If I ever win the lottery, the first thing I'll do is book Coldplay for an intimate private gig, preferably a handful of us just chilling out for an afternoon at the Bakery and throwing them requests (with them free to disregard them or just mess around as they see fit). *dashes off to spend his life savings on lottery tickets* JEALOUSY!!! I so wish I'd gone to Crystal Palace :( Don't even know why I didnt, :confused: That Japan gig sounded like the best thing ever. Spiiiiiiiies :dead: Yeah. and IOW was also full of Chris making quips here and there and stopping and starting songs...I know some of it was funny, but yeah. the thing that also pissed me off was that the girl they got up on stage, had pushed in at the front row just before they came on. grrrrrr. Do I sound bitter? :lol: I just wanted to hear something like Everything's Not Lost or Trouble. :disappointed: I was thinking how I would like to bump into Jonny, hand him a guitar and just ask him to play me a song. I'll buy some lottery tickets too....:sneaky:
May 30, 200818 yr they played Everythings Not Lost on the first leg of their last tour when I saw them in Philly!
May 30, 200818 yr Actually, I think it was the "Twisted Logic" tour- or at least, the US leg was. Either way, they didn't play Twisted Logic!!!! Or X & Y, which is, after all, the title of the album. It was actually called Twisted Logic Tour :P but ur right it was a tour to promote the album and there wasn't much in it....anyway heres a hoping Oooo yeah, sorry :o I meant Twisted Logic, my mind was saying it, but didn't reach my fingers :p It was a shame though, because I think that would have been a pretty awesome live song. 'X&Y' the song was played at Earl's Court on 16.12.05, I remember it well... everyone sat down and took a nap... Ha, ha, ha. Oops :D
May 31, 200818 yr I agree, Twisted Logic would have been pretty cool live. And I guess they just didn't play X & Y at the shows I went to. I would like to them to keep Yellow (Chris' dance moves are just too good) and Fix You. But I could live with getting rid of Clocks (though they probably won't), Square One, Talk, and actually most of the X & Y stuff. They must keep Politik though. The lights for that one are always so great! I've been wondering about the new stuff, like Viva la Vida- do you think they'll have strings on stage with them? That would be incredible.
May 31, 200818 yr I'm hoping for Amsterdam, but I think we will get every new song bar one or two....since I am in Vegas and I believe the Killers are coming to watch, I think we might see a cover of "sams town". they covered the killers last time in vegas too
May 31, 200818 yr I wouldnt mind this lineup: 1. Violet Hill 2. LIT 3. Cemeteries of London 4. Lovers in Japan 5. Yellow 6. See You Soon 7. Viva la Vida 8. Famous Old Painters 9. Politik 10. Clocks 11. Viva la Vida 12. Fix You 13. Yes/Life is for Living :D(I know Viva's there twice)
May 31, 200818 yr I agree, Twisted Logic would have been pretty cool live. And I guess they just didn't play X & Y at the shows I went to. I would like to them to keep Yellow (Chris' dance moves are just too good) and Fix You. But I could live with getting rid of Clocks (though they probably won't), Square One, Talk, and actually most of the X & Y stuff. They must keep Politik though. The lights for that one are always so great! I've been wondering about the new stuff, like Viva la Vida- do you think they'll have strings on stage with them? That would be incredible. See, I'd be quite happy to keep Square One (but not as an opener), and drop Fix You, because I was never all that taken with it in the first place. Clocks is ok, but they should drop it and bring Daylight back in. Shiver back please, and Spies. What I really want in there is Rush Of Blood because it's awesome. Politik was always the best opener, so that should come back to the start of the show as well. Hark at me being a setlist guru :D
May 31, 200818 yr no no no no no. you people are crazy :laugh3: Fix you has to close the set. I'd say Square One to open it, But i think it might be life in technicolour this year. and if they play warning sign i'll die happy. :P
May 31, 200818 yr I wouldnt mind this lineup: 1. Violet Hill 2. LIT 3. Cemeteries of London 4. Lovers in Japan 5. Yellow 6. See You Soon 7. Viva la Vida 8. Famous Old Painters 9. Politik 10. Clocks 11. Viva la Vida 12. Fix You 13. Yes/Life is for Living :D(I know Viva's there twice) what!? how can you even say you want to hear songs off the record that you haven't even heard yet? Cemeteries, Painters - they might be rubbish.
May 31, 200818 yr The Escapist or Life In Technicolor Violet Hill Clocks In My Place 42 GPASUYF Shiver Lost! Speed Of Sound Sparks Don't Panic Chinese Sleep Chant Yes Cemeteries Of London Strawberry Swing Yellow Fix You This will be the official one, trust in me!
May 31, 200818 yr no no no no no. you people are crazy :laugh3: Fix you has to close the set. I'd say Square One to open it, But i think it might be life in technicolour this year. and if they play warning sign i'll die happy. :P Noooo... :p Fix You is dull (opens up floodgates for disagrements :p ) I don't mean dull, but it just got so overhyped I got a bit sick of it. I agree, it'll probably be the last song, but I'm just not a fan of it. They should open with a song from the new one.
May 31, 200818 yr http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhfTGrje0jM&NR=1 I was watching this clip filmed at the Bakery and the very begining there is a sheet of paper thats says "Songs to rehearse". I can make out some of it but not all. It looks like the following: LIT Violet Hill Clocks In My Place 42 GPASUYF Lost Speed of Sound That is all that I can make out. Anyone else have better luck reading the songs towards to bottom??
May 31, 200818 yr I think I also saw Shiver written next to GPASUYF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhfTGrje0jM&NR=1 I was watching this clip filmed at the Bakery and the very begining there is a sheet of paper thats says "Songs to rehearse". I can make out some of it but not all. It looks like the following: LIT Violet Hill Clocks In My Place 42 GPASUYF Lost Speed of Sound That is all that I can make out. Anyone else have better luck reading the songs towards to bottom??
May 31, 200818 yr This will be the official one, trust in me! I do!! But I don't want them to close with fix you....
May 31, 200818 yr I do!! But I don't want them to close with fix you.... The thing with fix you as well is everyone knows the lyrics and it just ends up being like a huge choir of 3000+ people. And no matter how much you dislike the song, the atmosphere would be incredible.
June 1, 200818 yr Yes, I really like Fix You. It's very slow, soft and beautiful and I think it's perfect to close the concert with it. AHHH I want to hear Politik.. :(
June 1, 200818 yr Warning Sign Shiver AROBTTH Spies Everything's Not Lost The Scientist In My Place What If Talk Square One Fix You then a load of new ones :) i'm not too bothered about Yellow
June 1, 200818 yr Actually, I think it was the "Twisted Logic" tour- or at least, the US leg was. Either way, they didn't play Twisted Logic!!!! Or X & Y, which is, after all, the title of the album. Well that is pretty twisted logic, naming the tour after a song and not playing it... I sincerely hope they play Don't Panic, if they don't I'm gonna seek them up and demand to hear it! I hope they drop a lot of X&Y songs, especially Swallowed In The Sea and The Hardest Part, but since they don't like THP they hopefully won't play it. The only songs from X&Y I want to hear is Square One, Talk and Fix You, but I wouldn't be so sad if they didn't play Fix You. And it would be so amazing if they closed the set with Amsterdam!:D
Create an account or sign in to comment